test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gear Score - It should be like this "DEV"

xtriz1337xtriz1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello! What do you all think about put in Item levels in all gear? And remove the "Stats Score"

Right now the stats are the Gear Score. It should be Higher Tier are more Item level, and better Item level makes better Gear Score.
Post edited by xtriz1337 on

Comments

• desero2desero2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont understand this request, doesnt highter tier items means automaticly more stats?
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why not remove Gear Score altogether?

Since a nab with high Gear Score is still a nab and a good player with low Gear Score is still a good player.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't really understand GS. It is not a representative of everything. Buy all your gear for AD and you have high GS. You pug to "epic" dungeon and you fail because it is the first time you hear about something like rotation or prioritization. Whatver.
  • zefuzexzefuzex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gear score is only an issue for PUG's. Gear Score is there to estimate the overall potential value a player can bring to a group. Does it do that completely? No, but it does the best it can with a single number. A person with an 11k gear score is potentially better than a player with a 10k gear score. It's meant to be a very quick, at a glance way to tell if someone is able to do a certain level of content. Beyond that, you can ignore it.

In terms of character power, the most important things are:
    Feats > Skill > Gear

Even the best player running a bad build will underperform compared to an average players running a better build. Gear, after certain thresholds are reached, plays less and less of a factor in performance.

That said, the community needs some sort of frame of reference to determine the value a person potentially brings to the group. If they took out gear score, people would just start inspecting each other. I come from Rift, which is a raiding game without a gear score and the first thing party leaders would do when inviting a PUG to the group is inspect their gear to ensure that it was good enough for the content they were attempting.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zefuzex wrote: »
    Even the best player running a bad build will underperform compared to an average players running a better build. Gear, after certain thresholds are reached, plays less and less of a factor in performance.

I disagree with this. I could pick 0 feats on my CW and still do better at bumping over rails than an average player running a cookie cutter.