test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Combat script

wolfiswolfis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi guys,

I noticed a thread a while back and someone mentioned that they had created a script that created a little floating window that displayed Damage and DoTs etc.

Does anyone have a link to the script or thread ?

Cheers
Post edited by wolfis on

Comments

• Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sorry, I haven't seen any script (I would be interested in it if you can find it).

But for now, what I do is open my chat options and put a check in display 'Combat Self'. That shows me how much damage my skills are doing and so forth (might be a good idea to uncheck all the other chat options so you don't have to wade through all the other stuff when you're just trying to see how much damage you're doing).

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah thanks a good suggestion. And yes that's pretty much what the script I saw did, apparently the combat log is written to a file somewhere on your local machine and the script just parses it in realtime and the data shows in a little floating box.
  • Options
    cwair01cwair01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    I think what you are looking for is a external program, i can't remember the name but it collects the game data and does what you mentioned.

Found it; http://advancedcombattracker.com/ however if it's allowed or not i can't answer
    I'm always friendly and will be happy any of your inquires via pm!
    However i'm not a part of PWE and can't handle any questions regarding your personal details or account.
    Please respect the forum ToS and keep a nice manner towards your fellow adventurers!

| Half Elf - Cleric | Good reading for Clerics |
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    OK thanks, I wouldn't think its a problem as it only examines data thats saved in a text file on your pc anyway.

Cheers
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Is it safe? I've heard lots of warnings about using 3rd party programs. Even Google apps are supposed to be risky.

I'm a bit paranoid about hacking, so I think I'll just stick to the chat method. Better safe than sorry hey?