test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Portal event lag

arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Massive lag occurs as the event finishes.
Definitely not an Arc User.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hectic1982hectic1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yep even when your nowhere near the portal
  • grzmot33kgrzmot33k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ****ty event, whole server lag + i got crash every time portals close
  • datareklawdatareklaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here, love the portal event, but each time the portal closes the game freezes and while sound continue's, everything else doesn't.
  • arnonmorarnonmor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeap same here, game client crashes right after the end of the event
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here, lag then crash when portals close... sound continues
  • dosse67dosse67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Confirmed, same for me.

When the end signal plays, game freezes. I may get one or two frame updates. Then i get client not responding warning from Windows that go away if i wait.

So something fishy is going on here.
  • maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here - total lag during fights and then freeze and crash. Got an Out of Memory error last time.
  • baelzedenbaelzeden Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Add me to the list, these portals are nothing but **** nightmare for me, I haven't been able to play since they started and it appears they're around for a few more days yet.
    Seems to me Cryptic are too busy looking to dazzle us to distract us from the fact there is still much work needed to get this game ready to truly go live.
    I MIGHT check the game status in a few days after the events are over.
  • morph2404morph2404 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Extreme amount of end of event lag as well as not being awarded the proper amount of bones shown on the final screen.
  • dosse67dosse67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Okay, this time i was frozen the whole event. I managed to get a few shots away, then everything froze. "GameClient.exe is not responding". Had to forcefully shut it down.
  • nemesis2254nemesis2254 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Player from Australia - at around 10pm the game became utterly and entirely unplayable, despite repeated modem resets, computer resets, and restarts. Regardless of whether the character was in Protectors Enclave, or elsewhere. Rubberbanding is so bad that it takes fifteen minutes to move three steps, and you are still bounced around everywhere. Never seen anything like it in my life, its like trying to play on dialup.
    tl:dr - the game is entirely and completely unplayable during this event. Another failure. For heavens sake guys, do better.
  • noroxusixnoroxusix Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same. The game engine is very poor it seems. At least, poorly optimized. As the portals close I drop down to 1 fram per 15 seconds or so for a min or two, and then everything is fine. If I happen to zone in as they close (to protectors place) the game crashes. I have an i5 with a 6k series card, and run SW:TOR on Max settings with AA at 100 fps. And that game is apparently known for a bad engine lol.
  • baelzedenbaelzeden Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I found a sort of fix for it, be in a foundry before the portal opens and until it closes, doesn't to eefect the foundry quests but I did get hit by the rubberbanding as 1 ended and that carried to the foundry quest when trying to hide the next one.
  • mcharliehmcharlieh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was having the same issue with the game freezing, but I started dismissing my companion and dropping my graphics all the way down for portal events and although it's still pretty bad lag my game doesn't freeze up anymore when the portals clsoe.

Edit - Not that I should have to do that.... >.>