test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solo Punting Draco with new shield cooldown

summerspamsummerspam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
Tried solo punting today and found it incredibly difficult with the 6 sec shield cooldown. Using the usual skills tab ef, shield, steal time and icy I was struggling to build enough AP without using shield so I could save it for the punt.

Anyone solo punting atm? Any tips?
Post edited by summerspam on

Comments

• Options
    apehceapehce Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, solo punt with another CW.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You could do a tabbed Repel + control bonus AS (AS & ST & S) + perma Icy Terrain, e.g. on the archers or minor skeletons.

Basically, you cannot afford even one miss, unless you get very lucky or you have a super DC who helps out with spare Divinity for a Sunburst knockback. They would be a super DC because they would need to know how to time an AS to punt, match it with the timing of Sunburst, know the range of their very short range knockback, as well as doing all the healing.

I have so far managed to finish a couple of half fights like that (minus a super DC) when the other CW died, but doing it for an entire fight, I suspect is another matter entirely.

So, apehce is basically right. The difference between 1 CW and 2 CW on Dracolich now is like difference between night and day.
  • Options
    rinethrineth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was in a group last night with a CW that did it.

I'm pretty sure the only thing that made it possible was the fact that we had two clerics and one is very good at timing Sunburst with AS to knock and our Guardian Fighter was spamming Into the Fray for extra AP gain.

Other than in an ideal situation you basically have to perfect. I tried it on my CW and just about pulled my hair out.

Can't wait for them to reapply Arcane Mastery to Shield the way it's supposed to.
  • Options
    dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    summerspam wrote: »
    Tried solo punting today and found it incredibly difficult with the 6 sec shield cooldown. Using the usual skills tab ef, shield, steal time and icy I was struggling to build enough AP without using shield so I could save it for the punt.

Anyone solo punting atm? Any tips?

Idk, shield's CD is like 15 seconds (No archmage set or anything), I punt fine. Oh, 2900 recovery btw.

To make sure you'll get your punts and AS' in time - EF on tab, RoE (dps assist), CoI (dps assist), Shield. You can make 2 AS before your shield CD comes up.
  • Options
    mikeicebergmikeiceberg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Watch 57mins onwards.

0. Premade and experienced group, also used to working together.

1. GWF is quite literally tanking the entire encounter while the CW is given huge amount of time to use almost exclusively single target debuffing spells for AP.

2. When the GWF goes down, the healer goes down fast and the CW goes down below 10% each time (almost died the first time immediately after the healer).

3. The GWF cheated/exploited the entrance to return immediately after death by going over the gates and invisible walls to the fight when the boss had more than 20% health. Without that return, the run would failed for sure because just as many mobs spawned after that point as had previously.

That said, at least that particular CW was a flawless punter who kept doing his job even under immense pressure. He was also fully aware of the Hands movement from experience and warned the GWF. So, full credit for that.

Note that even he commented when he needed a critical AS that his Shield was unexpectedly down. Guess who bought that extra time for him... There was also nothing particularly special about his spell combos for AP gain because almost any Power combo would have worked in that situation.

So, basically all those factors combine to an unusual, exceptional or even exploit run.

Thanks for the link though. At least it shows off the power of the GWF class for those who know how to aoe offtank.
  • Options
    bowiethemantisbowiethemantis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Would you mind posting what fov where you using in there? Mine's resetting at 70 all the time and the perspective is messing up my distance with the singularity. Great vid ;)
  • Options
    foxplayfoxplay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Noobs, put Entangling grasp in mastery slot

Your welcome
  • Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    foxplay wrote: »

Your welcome

My welcome what?
  • Options
    summerspamsummerspam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Mike, that's a very handy video, I've also been putting the AS right next to the fence, but I see that it's not necessary.
  • Options
    mikeicebergmikeiceberg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    foxplay wrote: »
    Noobs, put Entangling grasp in mastery slot

Your welcome

If you're having problems with AP and need to resort to Entangle on mastery you're doing it wrong. Notice in the video he is not knocking unless they are getting overwhelmed by the mobs. You DONT need to knock on every wave of ADDS.
    fondlez wrote: »
    Watch 57mins onwards.

0. Premade and experienced group, also used to working together.

1. GWF is quite literally tanking the entire encounter while the CW is given huge amount of time to use almost exclusively single target debuffing spells for AP.

2. When the GWF goes down, the healer goes down fast and the CW goes down below 10% each time (almost died the first time immediately after the healer).

3. The GWF cheated/exploited the entrance to return immediately after death by going over the gates and invisible walls to the fight when the boss had more than 20% health. Without that return, the run would failed for sure because just as many mobs spawned after that point as had previously.

That said, at least that particular CW was a flawless punter who kept doing his job even under immense pressure. He was also fully aware of the Hands movement from experience and warned the GWF. So, full credit for that.

Note that even he commented when he needed a critical AS that his Shield was unexpectedly down. Guess who bought that extra time for him... There was also nothing particularly special about his spell combos for AP gain because almost any Power combo would have worked in that situation.

So, basically all those factors combine to an unusual, exceptional or even exploit run.

Thanks for the link though. At least it shows off the power of the GWF class for those who know how to aoe offtank.

Actually, the GWF was completely useless the entire run. They don't generate enough threat to overcome a Singularity or a Knock back. He might have aggro on 1-2 mobs but its NEVER is enough to make a difference. Unfortunately, this is the same issue with GF's so hopefully they address the issue soon with CWs threat. The cleric went down because he didn't kite when the AS was down.