test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Unbind Companions

angelmafia1angelmafia1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
The companion fails to unbind from the player when the player selects "OK" in the unbind confirmation window when the player attempts to mail a bound companion pet to another player in-game.

Problem: The companion pet fails to unbind from the player when the player selects 'OK' in the unbind confirmation window.
Action: When attempting to mail a bound companion pet to another player.

Severity: C/Medium
Repeatability: 100%

Steps to reproduce:
Example:

1. Purchase the Astral Diamond "Cat" companion from the Pet Vendor in Protector's Enclave.
2. Equip the Cat companion.
3. Open the Companion Window and move the Cat companion to the Idle Companions Inventory Tab.
4. Speak with the Postal Courier in Protector's Enclave and select the Compose tab.
5. Attempt to attach the Cat companion from Step 3 to the mail.
6. Click "OK" on the Unbind Companion Confirmation Dialog.
7. Observe the behavior of the bound companion.

Note:
* This was tested using only the Cat companion purchased with Astral Diamonds.
Post edited by angelmafia1 on

Comments

• klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah not going through for my Disciple of Kelemvor either. I'm hoping it will be turned on when training manuals are released.

This could be something to do with all the ghost companions hanging around.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • belladornbelladorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As of today, unbinding of companions fails. Tested it on a phoera and a couple of standard ("free") companions. Filed a bug report, number 1700000+ so not holding my breath.
  • geaden007geaden007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tried to mail companion today, and same results as above. Pretty irritating. Should not even have been advertised that companions are tradeable until actually implemented. Leveled 2 companions with my 60 so alts could use.. and all for naught!

Me: /knock knock
    Cryptic: "Hello?"
    Me: "Hi, could you please fix/enable unbinding of companions already?"
    Cryptic: /closes door
    Me: "?"