test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Qualifications for Going Public With A Mission

fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Well, I have finally gotten used to the Foundry. I actually loved the experiences and ability to let out some creativity on something besides my photography. However I do have a question.

I did try the search function for this forum, but it's on crack and kept leading me to things not even near related to this, so I apologize if the answer is obvious but . . .

What do I need to do to qualify to publish my mission to the public? I can find it via the number, but not by author name or mission name. Fortunately I can share the number with my friends and they can access it that way, and though this will not be a daily quest (I prefer it not be, as this mission is just for guild-mates), I do want to know what I need to do to publish an actual mission with a plot and story-line to the public in the future. I already know how to use the "publish" function, but do I need to publish x-amount of missions before I qualify to make these missions public so that people can discover them in the search boxes?
Post edited by fazemladaiya on

Comments

• dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dude is your system actually part of PRISM. Maximum overkill but very cool nonetheless.

PS. Your quest is probably stuck somewhere in beta hell.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The system is a bit overkill for gaming, but when doing videography and animation, as well as working with CAD design, it actually barely meets standards. Thanks though :)

That is what I was thinking, as I know there is a delay before folks can search, but mine has been up for almost a month now and even I cannot search my own title, name or anything. I can bring it up on the first tab under the short code, but that's it.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    To get out of this limbo quest needs to have 5 starred ratings (any number of stars, though obviously having 5 stars is better than having 1, written review isn't required, only stars) and 20 plays.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh wow. I read your reply and went to look at where I was . . . 13 plays, but only 1 review, which is interesting considering last week I had 3 reviews - 1 from my sweetie (for some odd reason that was 5 stars - rolls eyes), and 2 of my buddies I know rated me. Now only one of my buddy's reviews is there in the list. If someone re-plays the mission, and they do not review their latest play, does that overwrite and erase their former review?

EDIT: Follow-up - I am on TeamSpeak with the reviewer who's review is currently up - he just made that review tonight. Were reviews wiped by the recent patch?
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    Nope. Reviews and stars stays in place. Only way to have it wiped would be deleting whole quest.
  • fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Reviews were not wiped. Maybe just another fun beta bug?
    edited June 2013
    LOL Probably. I'll put the word out to my guildmates to review this one again. It's just a test mission I made which has you rescuing kittens from ogre elites trying to abuse them . . . basically an XP grind with a twist is all, which is why I do not care about this one being a daily or even being known too well. I just want to make sure I know what the heck I am doing as far as publishing and promoting goes when I get ready to do my more serious campaign with a plot.

I thank you all for the responses. As soon as the Foundry comes back up I'll try and see what happened to the reviews.
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    any update? I noticed when I try to search for anything "Short Code, Authors Name...etc" in the (NEW) tab it returns nothing "I think it freezes. But when I run the same search in the (Best) tab it gives me what I was looking for...
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    visigoth18 wrote: »
    any update? I noticed when I try to search for anything "Short Code, Authors Name...etc" in the (NEW) tab it returns nothing "I think it freezes. But when I run the same search in the (Best) tab it gives me what I was looking for...

In order to show up in the 'New' search, you need 20 plays.
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    it's weird because my quest has more then 20 plays...but once a quest is no longer considered "New" you can only search for it under the (Best) tabs search field
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Going public just requires five ratings. Anything with less won't show up on searches, except if you search by short code. Twenty plays (and 15m duration) are required as part of qualification for the Daily Foundry.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And luckily this community would be more than happy to provide those 20 plays. I'm finding this community more tight knit and friendly... unlike some of the other Neverwinter communities around.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The system is a bit overkill for gaming, but when doing videography and animation, as well as working with CAD design, it actually barely meets standards. Thanks though :)

That is what I was thinking, as I know there is a delay before folks can search, but mine has been up for almost a month now and even I cannot search my own title, name or anything. I can bring it up on the first tab under the short code, but that's it.

Wut? I've edited and done some pretty heavy visual effects on feature length documentaries on systems not even half as good as what you have. No problemo. I guess it would be low end if all you do is work with stereoscopic 3D in 8k and loads of VFX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • boneninja03boneninja03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also just so you know you aren't alone. Reviews have been disappearing. I only noticed it when my husband's first review disappeared (since his name does kind of stand out compared to strangers...) and now his has disappeared several times (each time he plays it - he's a quality tester :p - it asks him for a new one.) It stays for awhile, then vanishes. Then I started watching and I've noticed several others have not vanished as well. Reported it, but no idea if anything will be done about it.
    "Sometimes boys, you just have to sit back and taunt the Cyclops."

My Foundry Quests:
    Campaign - Trial of Willpower - NWS-DA72SRNCK
    Strange Rumors - NW-DF3ZTBJXG
    edited June 2013
    Also just so you know you aren't alone. Reviews have been disappearing. I only noticed it when my husband's first review disappeared (since his name does kind of stand out compared to strangers...) and now his has disappeared several times (each time he plays it - he's a quality tester :p - it asks him for a new one.) It stays for awhile, then vanishes. Then I started watching and I've noticed several others have not vanished as well. Reported it, but no idea if anything will be done about it.

Oh wow. I wonder if it has anything to do with the work they are doing to fix the Foundry. Perhaps they are doing adjustments which are resetting the SQL database which holds the tables for the reviews (do not quote me on that - I am only guessing it's an SQL database they use to store such statistics).