test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing every time portals close

ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
along with most of my guild
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I crashed so far as well on the first 2
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • unlovelygrotunlovelygrot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, our guild is about evenly split between massive lag spike and massive lag until disconnect when a portal closes.

We're australasian players, so that's something if it's latency related.
  • overoceaoverocea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Australian player, also crashing every time the portals close :/
  • thranidraxthranidrax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    3 for 3 on the game freezing when the portals close.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    Most of us are west coast or central US. Same thing. Not region related.
  • shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Lower your graphics settings and see if it helps. I get around 1-2 FPS for around a minute or so until the server balances out, so it's more than likely it's due to excess server load.
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    not crashing but freezed up for about 30 seconds
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • dota2vince2dota2vince2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    some1 should submit a ticket for this, epic portal close it even closes the game LOL
  • starfiszstarfisz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good event for performance checks of the servers.. tho IMHO bit late in the development phase.
    BTW same lags and disconnects in Europe ;(
    Speed of darkness is equal to the speed of light, but in the opposite direction
  • crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have you updated your drivers?

For nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-320.18-whql-driver.html (custom > clean install will take your old driver off). Check to see what kind of graphic card you have to see what driver you need. Most driver companies have a device you can use to scan your system and see what driver you need or if you need an update.
  • zal28zal28 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same problem massive lag during the event and then I crash after the portals close I have to force quit the game and then log back in its a pain happened twice already.
  • cyberjunki3cyberjunki3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TO ALL THOSE THAT ARE CRASHING.
    Please, go into your video settings.
    Look for the setting 'Visual Effects' and turn it from high to low.

I haven't crashed, nor barely even lagged upon portals closing since I have done this.

Enjoy!
  • skiderikskiderik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I have Nvidia 680 GTX and turned all the way down, but still lags like hell when portal closes. It is an in game issue as I see it. They seems to be doing a great job killing the game, due to this new lag.

I am wondering who is doing what in the company. Atm it seems like we should be happy to just logon and enjoy the view of the game...
  • griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, my client is crashing every time the event ends as well.

Actually, thanks to cyberjunki3's tip. It seemed to help.
  • masterdarknessxmasterdarknessx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Found a sollution to bypass the crash, tried every setting till i could pinpoint it. Set FX quality to low, everything else from what i noticed doesn't affect the crash. Have fun!
  • logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    starfisz wrote: »
    Good event for performance checks of the servers.. tho IMHO bit late in the development phase.
    BTW same lags and disconnects in Europe ;(

Its not a server problem... Its a GUI-lock... They perform calculation or checking or any intensive loops on the rendering thread. That's why the program is sort of stucked and the Task Manager will report "Not Responding". The Programm is still running though performing the task. Rendering is locked until its finished.
    It's just bad programming on the client, nothing else. To the programmer who did that: Shame on you!
  • killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just open the map, and click in the lower right corner to change instances. Select an instance with a lot less people in it and your event appreciation and lag is sure to improve.
  • aggelakisaggelakis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also crash nearly every time the portals close. One time it hung for so long I went and made a sandwich, and when I came back I had the 'you'll be logged out for inactivity' warning and a functional game. I've got my graphics settings on minimum even though I have a beefy newer card, so it's not a cure-all. Kind of sucks because I lose out on drops (including bones/runestones) - they disappear by the time I get back in. The only stuff I have is from picking it up mid-fight because I know I'm going to crash at the end and lose out on everything else.