test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Balancing patch was a complete joke- Your thoughts on it

minhazulminhazul Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
PVP aspect of the game

There are so much imbalances even within the tree of the every class. For instance, im playing as a guardian protector. Now thinking of its name, you would naturally assume that the protector tree is a super tank build where you can take massive amounts of damage and still survive. You expect massive defensive capability at the expense of damage. However, that isnt the case here. The slight extra defense, guard and ac a protector may get in comparison to a conqueror is negligible in comparison to the increase in dps you get by playing a conqueror.The other side of the protector tree which is the conqueror tree is far superior because of 2 reasons. Firstly, Their dps is almost 3-4 times( 6-8 using knights challenge) then a protector. Secondly, their survivability isnt nearly as bad as people assumes they would be. A conqueror can easily heal back pretty much half hp or more worth just by using the daily Fighter's recovery, which heals based on the damage you do. Ferocious healing together with improved reaction feat, that heals up to about 36k hp every 5min. Hence, it isnt surprising to see a vast majority of players picking a conqueror over a protector. PWE reacted by giving every guardian fighter a 15% extra guard, which makes it even more difficult to kill an extremely hard hitting conqueror. That is just 1 example, there are so many of such cases in every class.

PVE aspect

Once again if you compare the 2 different guardian trees, the protector and the conqueror, the difference in performance is massive. In pve mobs generaly hit very hard that breaks your guard fast. If you think you can hold 4-5 trash in epic contents for a reasonable period of time so that your team mates can take them out 1-2 at a time, think again. Your guard will break almost instantly, couple that with the extremely slow animation of guard recovery, it makes the extra guard a protector have in comparison to a conquerors extra damage a complete joke. So, in short, protectors survivability does not just suck in pve, their damage sucks even more!

In conclusion, the potential of a guardian protector is absolutely useless in comparison to a guardian conqueror.

Gear aspect of the game

For a guardian there are 5 offense slots and and 2 defense slots. Just this alone gives you a rough idea that defensive builds are not preferred in comparison to offensive builds. Secondly, enchantments focus mainly on dps instead of defense. Hence, a protector looses out in both the gear slot levels and also the enchantment levels.

Defense and damage resistance aspect of the game

It takes about 3334 extra defense to give you 13.4% damage resistance. This means every defense gives you 0.0040191962% damage resistance. Just this alone just shows how useless defense is. Now use that to compare the difference between the defense of a conqueror and a protector, which is about 1000 defense, you get an extra 4.01% damage resistance which is once again, a complete joke in comparison to the conquerors extra damage.

AC and damage resistance aspect of the game

12 AC gives you an estimated amount of 2.3% damage resistance. This means each AC gives you 0.191%. Protectors get an extra 5 AC which is an extra 0.9583% damage resistance. Its not even 1% extra damage resistance!

I have no intention of playing a build i dont like playing, my style is a pure tank for every mmorpg i play, so yeah this game isnt for me, until its more balanced.

Do share your thoughts on imbalances in the different class trees, gears etc.
Post edited by minhazul on

Comments

• rood4everrood4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GF's are a joke, I have a TR with ~9k GS and a GF with ~11k and with the conquerer/dps spec. Guess who blows through content faster in every aspect PvE and PvP.

Now I can of course understand that a GF will always do less damage than a dps class and that the GF spec is only to boost certain aspects of the class either defensive or offensive. However the defensive aspect of a GF is a silly joke, and a real bad one at that.
    As the OP mentioned, defense is useless, AC means nothing, we get some extra health, great, my TR is stealthed 1/3 of the time how about that for damage mitigation.

And while I am at it, recovery doesn't work really well for a GF aswell, some skills (Griffon's Wrath) are on a fixed timer, recovery will not reduce that.

What this game really needs is a solid game director who can withstand the moneygrab attitude from PW(E). Every aspect in this game seems to be geared towards the players having to spent much more AD than they can possibly earn within a reasonable timeframe of playing the game so they are driven towards Zen purchases.
  • vagdushvagdush Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    I'm not speaking to any of the points that the OP tries to make, but OP please read the GF math posts. Your numbers are skewed. One person even made a post about diminishing return levels, and another has charted most stats from 0-3000. First find out the real numbers, insert them into your rant, then please continue.
  • mordikaymordikay Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally i want to run a dps GF and have no problems tanking if needed. Most epic dungeons if i'm not tanking i'm up there in dmg with TRs and CWs so i'm enjoying that. Aside from the patch that killed clerics and the stupid BoP <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> comming i'm enjoying my dps GF and see no reason to spec defence and go through dungeons slower.

The main difference between the defensive trees and items are shown in pvp as a conq doesn't want to block. We got a defensive GF in the guild and he can take more dmg then me but the point is i can tank and deliver much much higher dps.
  • musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I play GWF and TR, playing my GWF is way more interesting than before, though I do feel some tweaking are still needed. TR seems ok but I'm still in the low level, yet the class seems too tough still considering the amount of damage it can deal. If I really want to be a pain I really can get terrific ratios without dying much and still get an easy win.

CW are now the real king of pvp : they are hard to kill with a GWF as barely invincible facing a TR, CW range is still ridiculous (what for ? as if the game has tremendous depth of field) dodging still makes CW and TR invincible, but CW can use it up to 3 times in a row whereas TR can use it only twice.

I absolutely don't get why CW, DC and TR don't take at least 30% of damage done when dodging, since neither GWF or GF have any. It's so freaking powerful : use your mightiest skill on a dodger, he can cancel ALL DAMAGE even at the very last fraction of second thanks to a dodge since there's NO BUILDING TIME. This is brainless and needs absolutely NO SKILL at all. I know it well : I'm constantly using it while playing my TR.
  • mordikaymordikay Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I play GWF and TR, playing my GWF is way more interesting than before, though I do feel some tweaking are still needed. TR seems ok but I'm still in the low level, yet the class seems too tough still considering the amount of damage it can deal. If I really want to be a pain I really can get terrific ratios without dying much and still get an easy win.

CW are now the real king of pvp : they are hard to kill with a GWF as barely invincible facing a TR, CW range is still ridiculous (what for ? as if the game has tremendous depth of field) dodging still makes CW and TR invincible, but CW can use it up to 3 times in a row whereas TR can use it only twice.

I absolutely don't get why CW, DC and TR don't take at least 30% of damage done when dodging, since neither GWF or GF have any. It's so freaking powerful : use your mightiest skill on a dodger, he can cancel ALL DAMAGE even at the very last fraction of second thanks to a dodge since there's NO BUILDING TIME. This is brainless and needs absolutely NO SKILL at all. I know it well : I'm constantly using it while playing my TR.
    Just curious why you posted something that had absolutely nothing to do with the OP.

Ps. Both my GF and GWF own CWs and TRs.
  • minhazulminhazul Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mordikay wrote: »
    Personally i want to run a dps GF and have no problems tanking if needed. Most epic dungeons if i'm not tanking i'm up there in dmg with TRs and CWs so i'm enjoying that. Aside from the patch that killed clerics and the stupid BoP <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> comming i'm enjoying my dps GF and see no reason to spec defence and go through dungeons slower.

The main difference between the defensive trees and items are shown in pvp as a conq doesn't want to block. We got a defensive GF in the guild and he can take more dmg then me but the point is i can tank and deliver much much higher dps.

Exactly my point, the extra damage resistance and guard of a protector is so insignificant in comparison to the massive dps a conqueror have. What makes matter worse is the extremely slow cast time of the guard regen buffs. In pve, guard breaks almost instantly when tanking more then 3 trash, so whats the point in playing a useless tree, might as well get rid of it.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    minhazul wrote: »
    Exactly my point, the extra damage resistance and guard of a protector is so insignificant in comparison to the massive dps a conqueror have. What makes matter worse is the extremely slow cast time of the guard regen buffs. In pve, guard breaks almost instantly when tanking more then 3 trash, so whats the point in playing a useless tree, might as well get rid of it.

GF cast times are terrible in general.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    after reading your the OP's post, I reassert that the largest scale problem in this game is that defense is way too low given the massively over powered in comparison offense... I tried to get as much defense on one of my clerics as possible, it clocks in at around 40% damage resist... damage has way more than doubled since mid-level, that 40% damage resistance all geared up for damage resistance is a complete joke, the mathematics in this game is way off offense/defense wise (also keep in mind that the geared up 40% damage resistance is penetrated and critical damage as well as combat advantage damage will further skew offensive damage over defensive protection)
    edited June 2013
    after reading your the OP's post, I reassert that the largest scale problem in this game is that defense is way too low given the massively over powered in comparison offense... I tried to get as much defense on one of my clerics as possible, it clocks in at around 40% damage resist... damage has way more than doubled since mid-level, that 40% damage resistance all geared up for damage resistance is a complete joke, the mathematics in this game is way off offense/defense wise

Average character defense and mob damage are too high. Dps and DC should be getting hit for what GF do and GF should take substantially less.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    average character defense is quite low, blocking may however be high on the classes that have it
    edited June 2013
    average character defense is quite low, blocking may however be high on the classes that have it

If DCs can get 40% mitigation, GF should be around 70% :P
  • minhazulminhazul Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    after reading your the OP's post, I reassert that the largest scale problem in this game is that defense is way too low given the massively over powered in comparison offense... I tried to get as much defense on one of my clerics as possible, it clocks in at around 40% damage resist... damage has way more than doubled since mid-level, that 40% damage resistance all geared up for damage resistance is a complete joke, the mathematics in this game is way off offense/defense wise (also keep in mind that the geared up 40% damage resistance is penetrated and critical damage as well as combat advantage damage will further skew offensive damage over defensive protection)

Exactly, there is no place for a defensive build in this game anymore. It used to be 2 healers stacking as, now there is absolutely no plausible defensive builds for any class.