test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

9700 gs cw pvp and info

manchocolatemanchocolate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hey everyone im a 9700 GS CW . I came from wow after getting glad a few times not that it means anything ......lol but if anyone needs help on how to build their CW or on how to pvp with proper spells and which spells are good for what maps yadda yadda you contact me here or on my twitch which my username is manchocolate just hit me up with any questions you guys might have ill post the stats of my char below

Char name - NLR
my ability scores are all in wisdom and int
Gearscore is 9677
Power- 3500
crit 712
recovery-2500
armor pen -706
defense- 833
movement -468
health 27k

[IMG][/img]5f992b78-386f-4e57-b640-bcdee26073b7_zpscca4fdd5.jpg
3343f813-4261-488a-a64d-b89cb8a559ca_zps2df6a3fe.jpg
EDGuOBI.png

SO ill go through some reasoning on these feats spells and why i use them
Firstly Spells is a huge issue for alot of CW's out there i see everything in pvp from shard to sudden storm..... first off this isnt PVE its PVP and your first priority in PVP is to be able to control while putting out sustained dmg so let me explain what i run in pvp and why.......

TAB- I ONLY USE 2 SPELLS ON TAB 1 (which is my main) Ray of enfeeblement 2 is Entangling force
Ray is a very good spell especially when you 2 of them the decent damage that comes from it along with the mitigation debuff is awesome (mitigation meaning it reduces the amount of damage that the target does when its affected by this debuff)
Entangling Force is good as well on tab when its put in the spell mastery slot it not only allows for decent cc on point it can also give you tons of damage through the arcane mastery procs it gives for pulling more people

Q- Always always always run repel on q if you dont understand why you havent played against many good rogues. Repel is super overpowered when it comes to playing against a meele class you can use it to set up combos such as use repel then glacial strike or use repel and entangling force then pew pew away and your set

E- This is where things get tricky you can run either of which spells are not on your tab key being ray or entangling force. Usually i run entangling force on this cause its always nice to have another stun so you can stack your arcane mastery procs with magic missiles

r- again always running chill spike on r.... it gives a stun and a chill proc which helps out alot ill explain more about chill and arcane mastery below

Mouse 1- Arcane missiles is always my mouse it hits for a decent amount and gives an arcane mastery proc on third strike which again ill go over later

Mouse 2 - Ray of frost always the chill procs and the slow are just way to good to not run it as a mouse 2 for easy peels when your spells are on CD

Class Features -Eye of the storm and storm spell

Ok now we get into the important stuff on how CW buffs help us play and do tons of dmg

Arcane Mastery - as the tooltip says increases arcane damage by 3% a stack well if you look at my powers and how i have them speced into my class features arcane mastery also affects frost spells so 5 stacks is 15% extra damage on top of feats and everything else your coming out to about 37% extra damage with frost and arcane spells which can really hurt.

Chill- This is fun if you have ever played wow chill is a DOT frost nova most spells apply this and they allow you to do more damage to targets with frost spells while also stunning them when it gets to a certain number of stacks

Any other questions or anyone else want me to update something about this post please message me or leave a comment on here thanx guys for the feedback
Post edited by manchocolate on

Comments

• Options
    manchocolatemanchocolate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    updated info for everyone asking
  • Options
    vetian90vetian90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NLR (Manchocolate) and I play together quite often, we designed this build together. I use a slightly different variation with my feats but all the skills remain the same.

Here is my build.

ZcmmUqO.png
    RFgI8QQ.png
    5x5UuqS.png
    mD5DLp3.png

If you want to learn how to use our builds you can watch me streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/vetian or check my youtube http://www.youtube.com/vetianhd
    I'll post a full view of my character and build tomorrow. I'll be uploading more of my footage from the stream today.
    Tomorrow we'll be posting an update to go further with enchants, we're still experimenting heavily with many different enchants, but we'll let you know where we're at tomorrow.
  • Options
    lucienkorthuslucienkorthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question.

Considering your two dailies I have to ask how you handle arcane mastery stacks not sticking in pvp.

Whenever I stop magic missiling for two seconds to do anything, even use another arcane spell, all my stacks fall off. If i switch targets, they fall off. If i teleport once to kite, they fall off.

I do pretty much no damage because I cannot keep arcane mastery to stay up.

In PvE, so long as I stay in combat, it stays up.

In PvP, never.

My guess is because there is no "in combat" in pvp which is why I can pretty much mount up whenever I want.

Just wondering if you have found a work around for this, because I have not.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am curious why you would run Chilling and Arcane Presence over Eye of the Storm and Storm Spell. IMO they are by far the best passives a CW can have.

Eye of the storm at rank 3, gives you 100% crit rate for 8 seconds every 30 seconds. As for Stormspell, it does 400 free damage. While 10% might not sound much, it can proc of every tick by Ray of Enfeeb. I also think it crits also.

As for TAB, i use Ice Rays in PvP. It is a very solid nuke. With bad gear i am doing 5-6k crits and it does root anyone for whole two seconds. I run in the QER slots: Ray of Enfeeb, Chilling Strike and Entangling.

The problem with Chill effect is it works only when you are hitting the target that is debuffed. Unlike Arcane Mastery which is a buff on your self. Also i noticed chilling strike barely lasts 2 seconds. Makes me having problems using this mechanic in pvp and pve.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @lucienkorthus The stacks arent your problem as a CW your main goal is to just burst someone down to 50% kite away and then come back. You have alot of control as this class so kite away it should be no problem then you come back and pew pew. The other problem is you might not be staying at max range for engagements when people close in on you just repel and run away

@kaasdoek I have tried a couple ice rays builds and its not ideal. Any rogue running impossible to skill can easily get you with 0 problems as is where ray you can get the same amount of damage plus the mitigation debuff is just way to good. Chilling strike is just another form of cc cause its better than ice rays when ice rays is not on tab. I prefer to have the extra damage from the presences too because i play with another CW alot and we usually have no problem cc'ing targets together. If your playing solo i understand how it can be frustrating but the presence spells just add alot more to your burst
  • Options
    soulforge1soulforge1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Posting in this thread to save it
  • Options
    vetian90vetian90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just updated my post with new information. Tomorrow we'll be going further in depth with our builds including enchants and other things.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    were streaming now
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    eclipsiumeclipsium Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    interesting build, i ll track this thread.
  • Options
    hyziiahyziia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice thread :)
    What are your armor and weapon Enchant plz ?
  • Options
    khelchacwkhelchacw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    to NLR and Vetian thanks for your build... me and my wife are both CW we combine the build of NLR and Vetian... guess what
    we pawned them in PVP... but after the patch Balance and Gameplay update... our CW really Nerf Big Time... before the patch
    i can kill rogue and GWF on 1V1 but now its nearly almost impossible to beat them 1V1... please update us any possible way or reset
    respec so we can stand again against rouge and GWF... thanks
  • Options
    xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    khelchacw wrote: »
    to NLR and Vetian thanks for your build... me and my wife are both CW we combine the build of NLR and Vetian... guess what
    we pawned them in PVP... but after the patch Balance and Gameplay update... our CW really Nerf Big Time... before the patch
    i can kill rogue and GWF on 1V1 but now its nearly almost impossible to beat them 1V1... please update us any possible way or reset
    respec so we can stand again against rouge and GWF... thanks

1. its rogue not rouge
    2. nw isnt balanced on 1v1 its a teamgame.
  • Options
    khelchacwkhelchacw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xanos900 wrote: »
    1. its rogue not rouge

isn't not isnt :cool:
  • Options
    kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited June 2013
    xanos900 wrote: »
    1. its rogue not rouge

2. it's not its :rolleyes:
    3. team game not teamgame