test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

help me help you (quest review)

dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
plz post your new or beta quest to play here.

i need to play like 95 (!) more quest plays to get next lvl foundry title so i appreciate you posting here.

WHAT TO POST:
1) quest name
2) shortcode
3) new or beta?
4) any other relevant info (length, desc, etc)
5) (optional) post your personal pic (if hot girl only plz)
ALSO: Pls leave a URL if you want me to leave a feedback a certain place, or I will either leave it here and/or in your comment stream

WARNINGS & FINE PRINT
1) Submit at your own risk. I may not be 100% coherent at the time of review (due to sleep and/ or wine), but I will do my best to give the attention it deserves. Also, these are just one guy's opinion. I wouldn't put much stock into what I or anyone else says particularly, but if there are specific nuggets you can use to make your quest better, I would suggest you take those and discard the rest.
2) I think you get a sense of my sensibilities from my own quests, so I review what you submit through the eyes of what I think your standard MMO gamer would think.
3) Despite popular belief, I did actually play PnP D&D, so I have an appreciation for that type of work too but humor, quirkiness, and cleverness get me every time.
4) all quests will be run by dzogen junior, my lvl 25 tr half-orc foundry runner alt.

thanks peace out

UPDATE

Author/ Title/ Review Status (NR=not reviewed)
@Ghanncallide - The Orcish are coming! - NR
@Josephskyrim - One step to Darkness - NR
@Pris23- beta- NR
@shorlong - Dirty Politics - NR
@tall0-the dark garden - NR
@neomyss99 - Legacy of Knight-Captain - NR
Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
Post edited by dzogen on

Comments

• ghanncallideghanncallide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Orcish are coming!
    Short Code: NW-DH7USOU92
    My first foundry quest, as such I have many ideas for things to add, subtract and tweak as soon as the editor is working again.

Orcs are occupying the forests outside of Neverwinter. Every adventurer has different reasons for helping in the conflict. Protecting the weak, helping the wounded or the promise of great wealth, but no matter what, the Orcs must be stopped!

Meant to be soloed, responses change based on class. Playing in a group allows for leeway in difficulty.

**This is my first Foundry quest, so let me know if it's overtuned or if something is broken. You may want to bring lots of potions or friends at higher levels just to be safe. I cannot control what loot drops or is in the end chest, so please do not leave loot based reviews. Thanks for playing.**

***Love your quests, Dzogen. They are regularly used for my Daily Foundry missions***

****I have another Foundry called "Do You Have What It Takes?" I do not have the short code in front of me at this moment.****
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One Step to Darkness
    Short Code: NW-DNJC9SK7A
    It's my first quest, non-beta, and can take around about an hour if you decide to chat with everyone.
    Speed running through it (just going for objectives) cuts that down by about half (and half again if you happen to know/choose the correct places to go to). :)

Actually, since you are a high level foundry person I could use your advice too. I have a minor clipping (?) issue in one of the hallways at the end which you'll probably run into (where your character disappears / reappears). Any tips on fixing that or hints on what causes it to happen would be appreciated! ^_^
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can review my quest and leave feedback here http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?330921-Will-trade-for-reviews-on-The-Secret-to-Paradise-Part-1-Paradise-Lost!. The quest shortcode is in my signature.
    My quest is:
    Beta
    30 min
    solo
    Please do not play part two yet. I posted it for testing right before the foundry editor went down and it is not ready.

Thank you! :)
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise
  • shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Not entirely new...but newly out of beta with somework still to do on it.

1) quest name

Dirty Politics

2) shortcode

NWS-DOF3BARMD

3) new or beta?

newish

4) any other relevant info (length, desc, etc)

25+ minutes, combat, story and dialogue, one side quest (optional)

5) (optional) post your personal pic (if hot girl only plz)

Here is me, being classy as usual

you-cant-afford-me-resizecrop-.jpg
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • talli0talli0 Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    You posted in my foundry spotlight thread about how you were interested in trying out my quest but I haven't seen your name pop up in my comments so here's all the info again. My spotlight description says the quest is full of hardcore theoretical physics and wtf moments...

Name: The Dark Garden
    Code: NW-DQBGVHH7V
    Description: Story driven quest of about 20 minutes in length. Part 1 of a 4 part story arc that would have part 2 done if the foundry was still up.
    Talli0's Foundry:

No Country for Old Undead
  • neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1) Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    2) NW-DC4WODWS9
    3) New (-ish)
    4) About half an hour long, give or take a bit depending on how much you like to poke around/chat with the NPCs.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thanks this is great start, im going to start on a few tonight & more tomorrow.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • maerwinmaerwin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll throw in mine, as I'm glad for any feedback
    The Lost City
    NW-DISM87G71
    ~40-50min
    balanced combat and story
    new
    it needs some minor polishing I'll do once the Foundry is up, but those are just details, it's perfectly playable in it's current state
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMFGWPBN3 The Lost City - Review Thread
  • winterswitchwinterswitch Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1 + 2) see sig below
    3) new
    4) 17 minutes, meant to be soloed, story-centered with medium combat

Thanks for this. Hope you get the title.
    The Green Zone (NW-DP66H66F6): Train at a top-secret Goblin military installation.
    Hive Mind (NW-DN9YKEVUS): Get inside a crashed alien ship to discover its purpose.
    Absolute Zero (NW-DOVUXHT8P): Activate a massive teleportation machine to pursue an evil mastermind.
  • annadruvezannadruvez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1&2) In signature
    3) new - one more play to qual for daily.......
    4) apx 20 minutes, hack n slash, solo or small group (most fights are standard strength, a few are hard.)
    5) Here is fine for comments.

What I have on my list already for when they let us back in the Foundry: Do something other than default with the lighting, more details (cobwebs, rubble, etc), add some minions here and there for annoyance factor/variety, fix patrol speed for one patrol, fix object names, find somewhere easier to get to for the entrance (for lower level players).

Warning: The entrance has a couple mobs (...level 26s minions? I think...) in front of it in the graveyard.

Thanks!
    Pool of the Dead - NW-DLTS5X6TO - Duration: ~20 minutes - Daily Qualified

Fountain of Dread - NW-DACS7JITE - Duration: ~15minutes - BRAND NEW!