test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is the DC bad now?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
I played to level 6 before and didn't like the DC because he, and every other class (except the TR), are to slow. I'm use to the speed of the TR. So I don't know what I'll be missing now after the patch. Is it worth playing? I see a lot of posts with the DC hate in them.
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
Post edited by eyebreaker7 on

Comments

• wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you stopped playing a cleric at level 6 because it was slow, and you're used to a TR, then it isn't going to be worth you playing a cleric, Complaints about the class aside at high level, even grinding through solo missions and Foundries is slow for the cleric (and that's with a "DPS" spec, which is completely useless for healing dungeons since the patch).
  • izoldaizolda Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Who stopping you from playing DPS Class, especially the infamous king of dps Rogue?

Just don't come back complaining later, "Oh Queue is broken, it takes forever" cause I don't know, too many freaking dps running around boasting how fun Rogue is, yet no healer no tank.

In the end, somebody gonna have to heal and tank, and those who willing to play those classes get Queue more often.

Supply and demand see?
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't do anything involving joining with people I don't know. To many complaints from what I've seen. I've seen post with some saying they have good luck or have a guild to team with but I'm not an easy person to talk to in game. I almost never bother to look at the chat window because I don't know anyone except my nephew and my brother-in-law :cool:

@izolda I'm looking for another class to play besides the TR. Been playing TR too much.
  • torridtempertorridtemper Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd say either CW (fairly quick, but also a supporting role) or GWF (DPS, but for mob focus). DC's never going to be the fastest, most powerful class. Of course, you can always give it another try. You could get used to the playing style.
    edited June 2013
    Well I've been playing a dwarf DC and it's not too bad so far. Any pointers for damage dealing? I go solo most of the time so I can use pots for healing.
  • gtxinsanegtxinsane Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You get your first, and only high damage encounter by level 20. You then proceed to faceroll all content till level 50, where you get AShield. Faceroll content to 60. Enjoy being a heal bot for end game dungeons. Wait till everbody is good enough at dodging, and wacth as cleric fall into obscurity for full dps parties.
    Gabriel Angelfire - Devoted Cleric // Karguk the Impaler - Great Weapon Fighter // Zephalyne - Control Wizard
    PVP: How to make your life less miserable as a Devoted Clerics -- Still in it's Unfinished Glory
    Dragon
    edited June 2013
    "Faceroll"? What does that mean?
    I'm looking for damage not healing. I go solo or with a family member. So I most likely wont be doing any dungeons. We shall have to wait and see. But I'm not going to be a heal bot.
  • gtxinsanegtxinsane Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    "Faceroll"? What does that mean?
    I'm looking for damage not healing. I go solo or with a family member. So I most likely wont be doing any dungeons. We shall have to wait and see. But I'm not going to be a heal bot.

If you're not doing dungeons then regular content should be easy. Divine Daunting lLight basically one shots trash mobs, and youll only have to kill off the elites afterwards. Don't expect to do pther content as effectively though.
    Gabriel Angelfire - Devoted Cleric // Karguk the Impaler - Great Weapon Fighter // Zephalyne - Control Wizard
    PVP: How to make your life less miserable as a Devoted Clerics -- Still in it's Unfinished Glory
    Dragon
    edited June 2013
    Anyone have any advice about what powers is should definitely look at or definitely not take?
    I still don't know what "faceroll" means. Lol.
    Also why do people use the Lance of Faith? Astral seal does better doesn't it? It does a little less damage but it heals too. And what about Sacred Flame? Is it worth taking when you have the LoF & AS?
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Endgame solo content for DC is as follows:

1) Dash in front of the enemy group.
    2) Use Astral Shield. Stand in it (don't try to dodge anything, just stand still)
    3) Very, very, veeery slooowly chip at the enemies' health while taking no damage.

Ironically, DC is the class that requires most potions, because a) Rightiousness and b) you're sooo slooow that you take way more damage than any class, even over all your heals (pre-50, that is, after 50 you have AS)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blaueblume1blaueblume1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the idea of a DPS Cleric this is the Feat Selection best as I can see it:

http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9s,1cifu0u:6zzuv:60000:60000&h=0

(Note: I have not shown what powers to pick).

If human I would add Repurpose Soul 3/3.
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the info blaueblume1. Much appreciated. Gives me ideas for sure. :cool:
    edited June 2013
    Anyone have any advice about what powers is should definitely look at or definitely not take?
    Also why do people use the Lance of Faith? Astral seal does better doesn't it? It does a little less damage but it heals too. And what about Sacred Flame? Is it worth taking when you have the LoF & AS?

Why is STR a secondary stat? The cast spells that require no STR at all. The DC has no physical attacks.
  • zakapwnszakapwns Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Why is STR a secondary stat? The cast spells that require no STR at all. The DC has no physical attacks.

Mate a lot of your questions can be answered by having a read of this excellent thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?314631-Guide-to-Everything-Cleric-What-you-need-to-know-have-to-solo-heal-everything-PvE

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=faceroll
  • naughtypussycatnaughtypussycat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    (*snipped)

STR is used for
    • Critical Chance (your abilities have a chance to hit for more damage: The orange numbers you see when u hit/heal something is a "Critical Hit", and does more damage/healing than normal attacks.),
    • Damage over Time (DoT) resistance,
    • Stamina Regeneration (to regenerate stamina for your Dodging ability

For advice on powers to take, it depends on your playstyle:
    Whether you want to do more critical hits or focus on survivability (ie "tanking").

Here are a couple of guides/opinions on this:
    Cheers! :)