test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trickster stat priority PvE end game build? help!!

sokocansokocan Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
ok, read a ton of forums, guides,on how to build a trickster for PvE solo/group end game build and so far its just a mass of pick this or pick that, with no real stats besides "just because it does this" etc.

race im going half orc, seems the obvious choice with the str/dex and crit bonus, i would take the drow but seeing as i cant afford it, ill have to settle half orc.

Q1/ priority of str vs dex vs cha?

everyone seems to have a difference of opinion on this. what makes the most sense and what should i lvl? to me i would think cha for the combat advantage dmg, then strength for the dmg increase, seeing as the trickster whole role is to stealth and attack from behind, with the lack of defense i dont see trickster going toe to toe.

anyone have an real stats as to which to pick and if so what are the pros and cons of choosing 2 out of the 3 to lvl.

Q2/ item stats?

so here ive read a ton about get armor penetration, or get power w/ crit or life steal. what do i choose. i just want to kill things quick and easy. i assume defense or anything defense related is last. any imput from eng game players as what works the best. once again pros and cons.

ex/ if i go with power will i do more damage then using something with armor pentration. i was leaning towards power/armor pen and crit as 3rd.

Q3/ items with + 3 stats vs 2 stats
ex/ dagger with armor pen/power/crit +20 vs say armor pen/power +35 what would you choose better to have a mix of everything at a nominal amount or just try and get as much of one thing as possible?

anyways im looking for some solid answers, i would think there is one obvious choice over another based how the trickster was created and meant to play. stealth, backstabbing, 1 vs 1 killing quickly.
Post edited by sokocan on

Comments

• antaxiousantaxious Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If im not wrong, at 60 you should get 22 percent arm pen, after that 50 percent crit and rest in power.
  • sokocansokocan Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what about early mid lvl builds. what stats take priority.

ex/ dagger with 15-30 dmg one with +10 armor pen vs + 10 power which would give best return in dmg

ex/ if i choose char, since most of my battles will be combat advantage with having a tank companion and stealth, does dex and crit enough to out weight having more str and higher dmg over battles?
  • antaxiousantaxious Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess at lower level Armor pen is still better than crit/power etc.. but I really didnt bother, I just quested/pvpd and equipd what I found.
    As for a starting companion, cleric can make your life easier. Then go for either a cat or ioun stone. I suggest the ioun stone.. theres so many debates on what is better, I just find the ioun stone better.. and its like 2x cheap (well now that price of Zen got up again, might not be 2x cheaper anymore, but still cheaper)
  • venger0405venger0405 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Low levels doesn't matter much, you will out level your gear to fast. You can get 10 levels in a ~4hour sitting so i wouldn't go to crazy on gear. Now say that my 2nd character I had lots for AD from my main so I bought new blue sets every ~10 levels and made leveling very easy but I still didn't waste money on getting certain stats just throw in what ever enchantments you have/get until 60 then worry about it.