test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The undead and dying quest BUGGED.

itchyboto808itchyboto808 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
i'm doing the quest The undead and dying entered the second tower and there is an invisible wall 3 steps after you enter, and no way to progress to the next part. Called an GM and guess what.. no response customer support is horrible!
Post edited by itchyboto808 on

Comments

• Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the EXACT same problem. I've ticketed it, and there's been no response at all. Last part of the quest cannot be completed. I backed out of it yesterday and started it back over again today. Still stuck in the exact same place. I've done this mission at least three other times on other characters, but it's definitely broken.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Los Angeles
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
  • Options
    dogranosdogranos Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can confirm this bug. Did this quest a while ago on another char without problem...now there seems to be no way to progress. Tried leaving the tower and re-entering, didn't help.

If it helps any, this is one of the Neverwinter Graveyard quests where you try to find and rescue the missing doomguides.
  • Options
    jester000jester000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    same problem here
    Zach
    Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    ageous1ageous1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    having the same problem. the tower is called "Soldier's monument" and its Doomguide Ganilon that your trying to rescue during this phase. Found out using /killme works when you revive you'll be in the middle at the top of the stairs.
  • Options
    klaasmixklaasmix Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same problem. HELP GM!
  • Options
    ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, exact same issue. Rescue Ganilon. Hit an invisible wall just inside the door - can't go around, can't jump over. It is the last line of full flagstones just before the stairs platform.
  • Options
    corsettencorsetten Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys, I had the same problem but then, while still in the Soldier's Tomb, went to 'Character Change' then back with the same character. I was still in the tomb and could advance, no barriers at all. I hope this can help you. Good luck!!
  • Options
    dudusm4dudusm4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    corsetten wrote: »
    Hey guys, I had the same problem but then, while still in the Soldier's Tomb, went to 'Character Change' then back with the same character. I was still in the tomb and could advance, no barriers at all. I hope this can help you. Good luck!!

Yes! It resolve the problem to me
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can confirm that this workaround works. Basically, when you Change Character and then choose the same character, you get teleported behind the invisible wall, and you can now progress through the quest. At least we can finish it with this band-aid solution...
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    devilnoddevilnod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here..this is seriously BUGGED!!
  • Options
    blaueblume1blaueblume1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had the same problem yesterday. I did something similar. As I was running in Windowed mode, I just (with trepidation) x'ed out of the game and re-logged in the same character.
  • Options
    jvilnisaustjvilnisaust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem. Enter into the Soldier's Monument and find an invisible wall three steps inside it stopping all progress.

Trying logging out and back in, restarting the quest. No solution.
  • Options
    ceallapaceallapa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the workaround :)
  • Options
    hankhanhankhan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Had same problem as invisible wall. Just used /killme to die and respawn behind the wall to continue, but the minor injury sucked. I guess switch char is easier :)
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey all, we have a fix in the work for this. Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    amandawickedamandawicked Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Appreciate all the help I found here, i was stuck on this for two days, and it was pissing me off.

~Zawmbi
  • Options
    sephy010sephy010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    corsetten wrote: »

Yeah, worked. Thx!
  • Options
    dakxerdakxer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really wish I had seen this last night. I have 2 equal level characters - the first hit the bug on Sunday, the second last night. I never would have thought of the /killme fix, so simple. And the change characters? Of course, you respawn back at nearest campfire. Brilliant! The only option in the NW bug/help was to abandon the quest - which I did. Stupid. Did it all twice for nothing. The last thing I did was abandon it again figuring I'd skip the quest...nope, not an option as it's in the chain! So, I get to do it a 3rd time on the same character, but thanks to you guys, I've got not 1 but 2 options to get past the invisible wall. Note to self -check forums before abandoning quests....lol

Update: Actually received 2 email replies on this incident (I did fill out a bug report for both characters Sun/Mon). The only additional suggestion was "please try changing instances" - but I think that is a general suggestion. The final one PW suggests is "If you are stuck in The undead and the dying, please walk up to the invisible wall, log out, and then log back in. This is a known issue, so please use this workaround for the time being."
  • Options
    mcharliehmcharlieh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing for me. I did this quest a while ago on a different character with no problem and just yesterday went to do it with the new one and hit the invisible wall. I can confirm though that going into Character Change and going right back into the same character works since that's what I did and was able to complete the quest without any further problems.