test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

if you only have $20 to spend on Neverwinter...

cragartcragart Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
how would you spend it? What is the most effective thing to help a cleric level up? Not really interested in vanity type things or mounts, but are there things that can make the level up process more easy and fun?
Post edited by cragart on

Comments

• Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Stone of Allure
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    assassin83 wrote: »
    Stone of Allure
    This
    /thread

edit:
    On a second thought and after reading topic, nothing in shop will help you really level in noticable way, maybe blue tank companion or golem.

Stone of allure however is awesome at end game and white tank companion is all you ever need.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't know that there is anything that can make the level up process more "easy and fun" that you buy, especially if you have no interest in mounts or companions. Personally, I spend more on bags than anything else as inventory space is severely restricted if you have any interest at all in building up enchants.

Leveling in NW can be done many ways, or some sort of combination. Currently, you have story quest, Skirmishes, Dungeons, professions, pvp, praying, and Foundry. All of those things help you level. My suggestion is to try them all out and choose a combination that you like the best. Sometimes I go several days doing almost nothing but Foundry quests, other times I do lots of Dungeons:D. Depends what I am in the mood for at any given time.
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Probably multiple respecs, because there's so many patches and stuff. One thing gets fixed and two more things get broken, but the respec is your expense.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ioun Stone of Allure & some scrolls of life, these will help
    but 4 friends will be a lot more fun :D
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stone of Allure, definitely. I got it for my lowbie Cleric I am set to level when Warlocks finally come out. (Don't ask me when..)

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    I'd save my money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can buy some cheap lvl 60 AH epics (while you still can), and put them on the stone

Then you have +1500 more stats at lvl 20
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A good companion is the best help for leveling solo, IMO. Neverember guard will hold agro on anything while you kite; that might be a better option then the stone, which will just make it so you kite a bit better.
  • Options
    warkupozwarkupoz Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    I'd probably go buy a game off Steam.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you're just leveling one character, and aren't interested in cosmetics? Probably the Stone they mention, and a bag (because with just one character, you'll be overloaded with enchants & runestones in the higher levels).

If you like doing alts? Character slots, and a mount (cheap or expensive, either way you save 5g per character since the mount applies to everyone), maybe a bag (it's cheaper, but a bit more tedious, to use an alt or two as mules).
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I personally wouldn't give them a cent. I really wouldn't spend 20.00 on this game now and it kills me to say that. It really does. I have changed my opinion on the developers rather fast, and I recommend you read many of the popular threads on the forums before you dump as much cash into it as I have and REGRET it.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    I'd buy myself whatever computer upgrade that's worth that much. (Or probably accessories .. like a cheap headphone with mic)
  • Options
    subcultsubcult Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't spend it on Neverwinter. Save it or buy a taco or something.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cragart wrote: »
    how would you spend it? What is the most effective thing to help a cleric level up? Not really interested in vanity type things or mounts, but are there things that can make the level up process more easy and fun?

For me it'd be a toss-up between a stone or bags. No matter which I get though, I'd start saving up AD for the other.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would have grand plans of investing my zen in something smart. I would do well. For about a week. Then I would blow it on dyes or something on a bad night. The week after they will add a fashion outfit I actually want for 2k zen exactly.

C'est la vie.
  • Options
    spritemysticspritemystic Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Storm Legion
  • Options
    kagetempestkagetempest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They should give each account a respec token at launch imo.
  • Options
    crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't give them a cent. I really wouldn't spend 20.00 on this game now and it kills me to say that. It really does. I have changed my opinion on the developers rather fast, and I recommend you read many of the popular threads on the forums before you dump as much cash into it as I have and REGRET it.

No. I don't want spend the time reading the popular threads because I'm spending most my time enjoying playing. Way to give a bad review and not explain yourself.
  • Options
    murzilochkamurzilochka Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only... :(:'(
  • Options
    warkupozwarkupoz Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    daschla wrote: »

*stares awkwardly*

Right

I'm not putting money into the game because things are overpriced and not worth it, not because of some depressive ex-lover complex or something. I'm still mostly enjoying the game (pvp can die in a fire of its' unholy excrement). If something in the zen store looks useful and is reasonably priced I would probably buy it. There just isn't anything like that is all.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    subcult wrote: »
    I wouldn't spend it on Neverwinter. Save it or buy a taco or something.

A twenty dollar taco??? ****, that's an expensive taco. It had better perform oral sex on me for that much.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cragart wrote: »

Don't spend em at all , you'll regret it .