test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spamming dazing strike?

vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Trying to figure out if what I saw is an exploit or not, but basically saw a TR use this skill 3 times in maybe 6 seconds in PVP.

I hear it's maybe possible with CD reduction on at-will, or a 4 piece bonus?

My team won the match, not butthurt or anything, just wondering if I should be reporting someone.

Thanks
Post edited by vaelos on

Comments

• adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it's easy, impossible to catch is probably responsible here. not sure if it is a bug or it's intentional but if you're hit by a stun when you have ItC active it will set -all- your cooldowns to 1 sec, including recharging encounters. that's how you see some rogues spam encounters.

in short: don't try to stun rogues during ItC.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you, that would definitely explain it.

I looked over the skills myself on the rogue but it's a low level and the tooltip for ItC doesn't mention it doing anything like that. weird.

Fault goes to cryptic in that case.
  • huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    you arent talking about dazing strike, youre talking about impact shot

that has 3 charges and from stealth also stuns

no exploit, no bug, no nothing, all working as intended
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does the animation for impact shot look exactly like dazing strike? If not, then I'm going with adozu's answer.

Edit: Does anyone even run impact shot in pvp?
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a lot of people do, impact shot is pretty good
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    Does the animation for impact shot look exactly like dazing strike? If not, then I'm going with adozu's answer.

Edit: Does anyone even run impact shot in pvp?

Yes as others have said, it's pretty good. It can crit up to 10k+ with the build I'm running and do 16k+ when LA is up.

Three charges form range, four if you use one in stealth since it doesn't count that as a charge, makes impact shot necessary to deal with CWs or any class without being in melee range.
    edited June 2013
    Ah OK.

Well the animation was most definitely Dazing Strike so if it is not the same animation, then it was Dazing Strike.
  • tubbyadamtubbyadam Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    i would say im one of the best on beholder TR wise and i use impact shot i have very high damage spec and have one shot alot of people using impact shot obviously using lurkers assualt or wizzard useing some lovely lower there defence spell heh. i personally think anybody not running impact shot is pretty crazy to be honest :/ as its a massive damage, ranged and has 3 charges on a 11 second cooldown....
  • tubbyadamtubbyadam Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    it has a simular animationish someone who dosnt really know the classes as much could get it mixed up not saying you do but could get in a mix up maybe
    vaelos wrote: »
    Ah OK.

Well the animation was most definitely Dazing Strike so if it is not the same animation, then it was Dazing Strike.