test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Think they'll add/fix anything while the Foundry is down?

wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Here are some things we'd all like to see, though I'm doubtful we'll be getting any of them.

1. Real bosses, especially dragons.

2. More monsters. Gelatinous cubes, rust monsters, demons, etc.

3. A better reward system that doesn't screw over everyone but 1% of Foundry authors.

4. A better search system that doesn't screw over everyone but 1% of Foundry authors.

So what do you guys think? Do you think they're giving us any of the above, or ever will?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by wuhsin on

Comments

• Options
    angellloreangelllore Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Here are some things we'd all like to see, though I'm doubtful we'll be getting any of them.

1. Real bosses, especially dragons.

2. More monsters. Gelatinous cubes, rust monsters, demons, etc.

3. A better reward system that doesn't screw over everyone but 1% of Foundry authors.

4. A better search system that doesn't screw over everyone but 1% of Foundry authors.

So what do you guys think? Do you think they're giving us any of the above, or ever will?

i defiantly think these things will come soon as they figure out the best ways to have and balance them

1. would love to see real bosses, more so on the stats side, we have the ai code if only we could change the health and damage, or hp regen. stat customization + skin customization = real boss

2. i wold defiantly love to place mimics on my maps, an actually mimic not just a mimic skin

3. this one is doubtful, they are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rewards for a reason, you offer better rewards u will have a rise in gold and item farms that will make bots to spam 5 min foundries... only way i can see this being balanced is if the loot is scaled to the play time of the foundry

4. lol they need better search system across the board not just in foundry... the action house for example. this will come in time though i am sure
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    angelllore wrote: »
    3. this one is doubtful, they are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rewards for a reason, you offer better rewards u will have a rise in gold and item farms that will make bots to spam 5 min foundries... only way i can see this being balanced is if the loot is scaled to the play time of the foundry

Scaling the reward to the play time is what I've been pushing for. We'd be better off with no rewards at all though than the Goldilocks system we currently have. "12 minutes? Pfft. Too short. 20 minutes? Pfft. Too long. 16 minutes? JUST RIGHT!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Think they'll add/fix anything while the Foundry is down?

Unlikely.

I'd love new stuff added to Foundry, but I'm not that optimistic.

It appears that whatever happened is either serious, or Cryptic don't have people working at it in weekend. Or both.
    Considering for how long STO Foundry is offline as well, I'll be happy with just having Foundry back next week.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Considering for how long STO Foundry is offline as well, I'll be happy with just having Foundry back next week.

You ain't too dang hard to please, are ya? I'm already about to give up over the past three days. A week or two is not acceptable for me. My friend just quit his job, meaning him and his wife will actually have time to play D&D again. Meaning I can run a much more epic campaign than what will EVER be possible here. So yeah, if this isn't fixed soon, I'm going back to pen and paper. And pymapper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]