test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Malevolent Surge suffers from the League of Legends syndrome

bongstickbongstick Member Posts: 83
edited June 2013 in The Library
Hey all.

I just wanted to give you all a heads up. On paper this feat looks amazing. But, in dungeons it is everything but amazing. I just noticed how you only get the buff when you last hit the target (as in actually delivering the killing blow).

While it sounds like ya that does not sound too hard.. It actually is. the uptime is really low and when it is up it just lasts 4 seconds. If you are going in the Thaumaturge tree my advice is to take something else instaed.

Good hunting.
Post edited by bongstick on

Comments

• freehugs9freehugs9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You're right, but I have it anyway for solo stuff where it's easy to maintain.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    freehugs9 wrote: »
    You're right, but I have it anyway for solo stuff where it's easy to maintain.

Good analysis from the OP, but I agree with this, for solo the extra damage helps keep fights short.
  • lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bongstick wrote: »
    Hey all.

I just wanted to give you all a heads up. On paper this feat looks amazing. But, in dungeons it is everything but amazing. I just noticed how you only get the buff when you last hit the target (as in actually delivering the killing blow).

While it sounds like ya that does not sound too hard.. It actually is. the uptime is really low and when it is up it just lasts 4 seconds. If you are going in the Thaumaturge tree my advice is to take something else instaed.

Good hunting.

There really isn't anything else useful to take if you're specced thaum, and I disagree that the talent is awful, I'm normally top on killing blows by quite a large margin, and the uptime for me as a 11.8k thaum specced wziard is actually quite good.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Even if you're not specced Thaum, what else is there to get? For Tiefling wizards, for example, Tempest Magic is a complete waste and Bitter Cold only has synergy with cold builds.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I disagree with regards to Malevolent Surge. There are many situation as we are clearing mobs where this not only becomes active, but stacks as well, while other mobs are still poring in. Also on some boss fights where a CW is also DPSing the boss, quite a few adds die around us due to our AoEs.

Also totally disagree with regards to Tempest Magic, even for a Tiefling. We know it's bugged for tiefling because it doesn't stack, but the way it works, it applies the highest percentage. So when your target is at 50% you have Bloodhunt's 5%, then when below 30% you get an additional 5% now that Tempest is active.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    I disagree with regards to Malevolent Surge. There are many situation as we are clearing mobs where this not only becomes active, but stacks as well, while other mobs are still poring in. Also on some boss fights where a CW is also DPSing the boss, quite a few adds die around us due to our AoEs.

Also totally disagree with regards to Tempest Magic, even for a Tiefling. We know it's bugged for tiefling because it doesn't stack, but the way it works, it applies the highest percentage. So when your target is at 50% you have Bloodhunt's 5%, then when below 30% you get an additional 5% now that Tempest is active.

Except the bug is that it doesn't stack. You do not get that additional 5%, it's either one or the other. It simply refuses to apply both if you're a Tiefling.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • zierzozierzo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    malkavier wrote: »
    Except the bug is that it doesn't stack. You do not get that additional 5%, it's either one or the other. It simply refuses to apply both if you're a Tiefling.

Well I thin copticone means that thiefling racial "stops" working when foe gets life down to 30% and then tempest magic kicks in for its 10% damage, is not the 2 features are "in use" at the same time but there were a cap for damage of the highest one, he is saying the same basically.