test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Archmage set destroyed in the last patch =/

axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
Previous to this patch, archmage set was amazing.

Now, they broke it. Nothing in the patch notes either, just stealth broke it.

I mean yea before it was kinda op sure (I literally had zero cooldown on my shield when CC'ing CN/other big pack type quests)..

But to completely break it isn't very cool cryptic. It now doesn't work at all, does nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

Previously it was op, I agree - how it worked was every time you used a control spell - it reduced your cooldowns by 1 second PER target hit..

But it worked off the base cooldown of the spell - not your recovery reduced duration.

So shield is/was basically a ~20s base cooldown iirc. So you had to hit 20 mobs at once, thats minus 20 seconds = instant cooldown.

If you only hit 10, and your shield cooldown was 13 seconds due to recovery/wisdom.. Well you still had a 10 second cooldown (20-10 = 10).

It was kinda op, kinda glitchy, but not game breaking.

Now it does nothing. Thanks.. thanks for forcing me to spend many diamonds on the high viser set..

meh.

Please fix it. Just set it to 0.5 or 0.25 seconds per target hit and it would be nice, and not overpowered.

(in addition a related bug that makes this nerf suck: Shield does not get reduced cooldown from arcane mastery stacks as it should per description)
-Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
-Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
Post edited by axer128 on

Comments

• Options
    legros88legros88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This definitely needs to be fixed! Even if it comes back with a reduction of only 0.5 seconds per target it would still be my go to set for the dungeons with big pulls. Or maybe don't fix it and just take the Control out of Control Wizard.
  • Options
    maxnalarmaxnalar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Previously it was op, I agree - how it worked was every time you used a control spell - it reduced your cooldowns by 1 second PER target hit..
    (in addition a related bug that makes this nerf suck: Shield does not get reduced cooldown from arcane mastery stacks as it should per description)

It never did what you are claiming, perhaps your confusing the shield bug with the set bonus.
    It only reduced the cooldown of control skills by 1 sec total for each encounter you casted.
    To make this claim will grossly exagerate the sets advantage.

Before the patch there was a bug where as shield would instantly cooldown ( regardless or which set you wore ).
    If you confuse that bug with the set bonus it would indeed appear OP and never get fixed.

If you don't belive me, consider this.. if your claim is true then casting any AOE control skill(not just the shield) on a large group of mobs would have instantly set ALL your cooldowns(not just the shield) to zero.

IMHO perfect world has tried to make a fix for the shield bug and caused the 3 bugs we are hearring of.
    Shield - no longer effected by arcane mastery.
    4-set archamge broken.
    Alacrity feat broken.

All relate to reducing cooldowns by procing something.
  • Options
    vindicitvindicit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    axer128 wrote: »

Yea this is wrong, its not how it worked. For all CC skills except Slow Time reduced cooldowns by 1 second. Slow Time reduced cooldowns by 4 seconds because it has a 2 second cast and proced every .5 seconds and the skill is interruptable which wastes the cooldown.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Perhaps you never did a dungeon where you could hit 20+ targets at once to see. Like I said, it worked off the BASE cooldown, not your recovery modified one.
    maxnalar wrote:
    If you don't belive me, consider this.. if your claim is true then casting any AOE control skill(not just the shield) on a large group of mobs would have instantly set ALL your cooldowns(not just the shield) to zero.
    Yea I don't believe you. Because yea all my control spell cooldown did reset when I cast steal time on enough targets at once (pretty much only works in cn, no other quest had enough targets).

And no, not "ANY" aoe cc worked, because most other ones have a target limit. (Tab repel is limited to 5 targets for example, thus was max of -5 seconds or 0 seconds due to my recovery already knocking that much off).

But yea I have video of it in action.. As well as several other wizards in my guild that used it for the same purposes. Claim what you want.. It did work that way. Solo CW' CN was a joke for me due to it..

Pretty dumb thing to argue anyways, its in the past and its broken now is that players like yourself need to know. It's just better that the devs understand the nature of the set previous to the patch to better know how to fix it - what you think its quite irrelevant.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)