test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gearscore randomly dropping

sirnamedsirnamed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I encountered this problem today; my GS keeps dropping by a number of about 600-800, which is causing me to be dropped out of Epic queues. I can temporarily restore my GS to where it should be by taking a few items off and back on, but it still drops down again a few minutes later.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? And to the Devs, fix it please. I want to queue for Epics but cannot, so that character is currently unplayable.

Have I mentioned how much I absolutely hate Gearscore? That was before it was preventing me from playing, too :)
Post edited by sirnamed on

Comments

• chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You have to have something that is temporarily modifying your gearscore higher than it normally is, perhaps Invoking is giving a boost to a couple stats that is raising high enough to qualify, and when it wears off the score drops below that level. There are also feats that increase gear score by a percentage based on another score, like Steely Defense for GWFs which gives 20% of defense as power, of you lose defense score, you also lose some power.
    @Powerblast in game
  • nkmolnkmol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sirnamed wrote: »
    I encountered this problem today; my GS keeps dropping by a number of about 600-800, which is causing me to be dropped out of Epic queues. I can temporarily restore my GS to where it should be by taking a few items off and back on, but it still drops down again a few minutes later.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? And to the Devs, fix it please. I want to queue for Epics but cannot, so that character is currently unplayable.

Have I mentioned how much I absolutely hate Gearscore? That was before it was preventing me from playing, too :)

Have you checked if any buff is active, for example : "Divine Emissary" ?
    Because that buff is likely bugged at the moment; http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?351862-Divine-Emissary-should-give-bonus
  • brutallsbrutalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yesterday i had same problem :) near mail box. I had Divine Emissary on me and lost 500 GS, when i moved away from mail box i got it back.

Divine Emissary is removing GS
  • bayne3bayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gearscore appears to be directly proportional to the power stat. Increase your power means it will increase your gearscore.

Here's an example. Some GFs have insane GS because they have a talent that increases there power 100% of the health of their guard meter. Now if you go test on some mobs and hold your guard, you'll see your power decreases as well as your gearscore.

This is also why for a GWF the PvP set has a higher gearscore than the T2 Titan set (no power) and others. This is also the same for my Cleric and my Rogue.