test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

my foundry quest wont publish

lee200174lee200174 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Hi guys I have just completed my first foundry quest I have checked double checked and triple checked everything I have no exclamation marks present for any outstanding issues . so I did my final save data and then pressed the publish button . top right it said currently publishing and after about 5 mins it gave me an id number and said published. so I left foundry editor and went into game tried to find it and it was not there. I asked in game and someone advised to wait 24 hours .

So next day over 24 hours later tried again still no quest of mine available anyway this went on for over a week of me trying . I even duplicated the quest renamed it and published it again and still nothing .

has anyone else had problems with their foundry quests not publishing even tho it clearly sais they have. Or am I just missing something simple like do I need to register as a publisher somewhere for them to actualy work ingame ??

any help would be greatly appreciated I realy fancied getting into this foundy editor in quite some detail but at the moment im finding more reasons not to than I am finding to keep trying ><
Post edited by lee200174 on

Comments

• groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    A lot people were having issues with publishing quests the other day, and now the Foundry itself is down so I'm guessing the publisher is as well. Since there is no ETA yet of when things will be fixed, we'll just have to wait for more information.
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If this was today, I'm shocked you could even get into the Foundry, as it's disabled for editing/publishing at the moment.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?349221-6-14-13-Unexpected-Outage-of-Foundry-Editor

As groshie said, though, the Foundry was failing to publish anything for a couple days before the patch, and it's been down entirely for the last two days. You'll just need to keep an eye out for when it comes back up.

However, I suspect that your quest may actually be published. If the game said that it published, but you couldn't find it, you're probably not looking in the right place. Unreviewed Foundry quests - all those with less than five ratings given to them - aren't searchable except by looking for their specific short code (the "NW-[alphanumerics]" thing) on the "Best" tab, or by scrolling through the laggy mess that is the "For Review" tab until you find it. If you tried searching by your @handle or by its title, you wouldn't have found it.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Oh yeah, that's true. Also, if you added it to a campaign slot, it might not show up at all anyway.
    My campaign has disappeared (it was fully searchable since a month ago about-ish) and if I search for it by NW-ID or it's name I just get an infinite loading screen.
    I try not to think of the horrors that might have befallen it. :/
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you attach an unpublished quest to it? Campaigns tend to vanish when that happens.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lee200174 wrote: »
    ... so I left foundry editor and went into game tried to find it and it was not there. ...

For awhile after publishing, the only way to find your quest is to use the search box on the "Best" tab, using the NW-BLAHBLAH4 code it assigned to it. Is that how you were looking for it? Normally it will not just show up on any list, and can't be found searching for title or author.