test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you PvP

drussivdrussiv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
In ever match I get owned. It's like every class does more damage except maybe DC, every class has more actual control than the control wizard. I mean how long is the rogues daze? He can sneak up on you burst you insanely then daze you and kill you while still dazed. The GF has immune, the GWF is just so strong and has a knock down.

What's the point of our class if the others have just as much control?

What do I need to do, please help!

Thanks
Post edited by drussiv on

Comments

• hastedhasted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's one qualm I have about PvP as a CW. In PvE my entangle can last quite a long time, but in PvP? If it's not blocked for some ungodly reason it lasts all of 1-2 seconds, at most. By contrast, I never see a mob in PvE locked down by a rogue for about 20 seconds compared to the 3-5 seconds they do to me in PvP.

Shenanigans, I say. Something is askew.
  • drussivdrussiv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hasted wrote: »
    That's one qualm I have about PvP as a CW. In PvE my entangle can last quite a long time, but in PvP? If it's not blocked for some ungodly reason it lasts all of 1-2 seconds, at most. By contrast, I never see a mob in PvE locked down by a rogue for about 20 seconds compared to the 3-5 seconds they do to me in PvP.

Shenanigans, I say. Something is askew.

This. Their silence on you lasts longer than your EF on them.

Anyway, what do you do to cope?
  • tkwan1tkwan1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How do you pvp? You pretty much just hit decline now whenever your que pops.

Really though, we can't pvp very well anymore since the patch. We've been seriously gimped. We can't kill melee classes now before they can close the gaps with us (if they're somewhat decent at least, if they're terrible and don't know their class then obviously it's a win). Enfeeble was nerfed too much.

Long story short, if any of the other players knows how to actually play their class, you wont win 1v1.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    drussiv wrote: »
    This. Their silence on you lasts longer than your EF on them.

Anyway, what do you do to cope?

Once you play long enough against TRs, you will know when they are about to pop their dazes and you can teleport away. If you learn how to make a TR waste their encounters, they are toast.

It goes the same way with any other class. Once you learn how each one of them functions, what's their biggest attacks, most dangerous encounters, it becomes easier to deal with them.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ice rays - tab, conduit of ice, entangling force, chill strike (thaum spec) or swap conduit for ray.

then proceed killing people. its pretty easy, pvp just consists of spaming all your spells. and watching them die, dodge if you think they are going to use an encounter, and use ice rays when they break out of your entangle (it cant be dodged). people still die pretty swiftly. also dont use dodge until melee get on you, then proceed with spamming it so they waste their encounters.when entangle is back up, stand still nuke when it fades, dodge again.

but usualy i pray for my team to only have 4 people, so i can afk with reason. there is just no finesse involved.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • myt3m0w53myt3m0w53 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i am not 60 yet, only 55 but i am a Renegade CW and really have fun playing the class!! this is what i am using, dont see any other powers to buy so i have spare points... i will not get into where i spent my points, i will just say that i went all DPS and it seems to work!!!
    chill strike on tab, entangling force, conduit of ice, repel for my encounters
    magic missile and ray of frost for my at-wills
    ice knife and ice storm or oppressive force for daily's
    storm spell and eye of the storm for passives

i am about 50/50 when going toe to toe with Rogues, the CW is my favorite class for now
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just like before. 7 tenebrous and go own anything that moves, CW is op as ****, ur just rly rly bad, consider a reroll into another game.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    CW still PVP fine, even as Renegade, and with zero Tenebrous enchants slotted:
    Eyo73fs.png
  • apehceapehce Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a CW im netting 1st place in like 80% of the matches I'm in. So although nerfed, CWs are still a formidable class. Just put your mind into making some kind of a gear/feats build that has synergy, use your shifts smart, and go beastmode.

One little tip: you might wanna slot Orb of Imposition in your passives.
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    Just like before. 7 tenebrous and go own anything that moves, CW is op as ****, ur just rly rly bad, consider a reroll into another game.
    You troll just really, really bad, consider a transition into another forum.
    apehce wrote: »
    One little tip: you might wanna slot Orb of Imposition in your passives.
    Do you have any data that confirms this passive really is of any use - especially in PvP?
    Because somebody mentioned this passive is not working properly (unfortunately I can't find the Thread anymore). I tested it myself (pre-patch, though) and on the training dummies my Entangling Force (EF) went from ~5 seconds to ~6 seconds.
    But considering PvP, EF holds max. 1 - 2 seconds, and +15% for 2 seconds (though I never "forced" anyone that long) would make 2,3 seconds. At least in theory, I didn't notice any difference when slotting it in PvP.

Edit to avoid double posting:
    copticone wrote: »
    Once you play long enough against TRs, you will know when they are about to pop their dazes and you can teleport away. If you learn how to make a TR waste their encounters, they are toast.
    Okay, but do you also have any tips for perma-stealth TRs?