test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Quitters...Hate 'Em!

manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
So farking annoying. I've had this happen to me so frequently lately that it's driving me absolutely nuts. Some selfish bastid bails out after the first minute and a half or so just because the fight isn't going his/her way. Have you ever experienced a come from behind win? You're cool with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over 4 other players just because you can't stand to lose? Do you have any concept of team?

QQ off. Getting to a point where I don't even want to PvP anymore, and it is by far my favorite aspect of the game.
Post edited by manholio on

Comments

• zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You are solo queuing. Just part of the game. they need to implement a team vs. team matching system and then you can join a team and never have a problem with people leaving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    You are solo queuing. Just part of the game. they need to implement a team vs. team matching system and then you can join a team and never have a problem with people leaving.

Yes, it's just "part of the game", but it's BS. You are solo queuing, but you are not soloing. It's a team game. You don't quit in a team game. Shows lack of character and consideration.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    Yes, it's just "part of the game", but it's BS. You are solo queuing, but you are not soloing. It's a team game. You don't quit in a team game. Shows lack of character and consideration.

Not really. If I got matched up against the Raiders in a football game, I'd probably quit. There is not lack of character in doing so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Not really. If I got matched up against the Raiders in a football game, I'd probably quit. There is not lack of character in doing so.

Stop trying to apply logic to my QQ. :p

Kind of a different dynamic in your example. You're not in any physical danger in a PvP match...
    edited June 2013
    I'm just giving you a hard time. I don't like it when a game is somewhat competitive and someone decides to give up because you are slightly behind. It is annoying.

I also don't like games that match solo queue up against premades. I think we have all experienced it from both sides. One is boring and the other frustrating. I think this game has the population to support a queue for each setup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alaricoalarico Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pvp is ****ed, specially for clerics
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    alarico wrote: »
    pvp is ****ed, specially for clerics

PVP is pretty ****ed for anyone not willing to invest ~1-2 mil AD.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    PVP is pretty ****ed for anyone not willing to invest ~1-2 mil AD.

Which brings up another issue. There is a decent split in the community between those who exploited and those who did not. I guess you could add in those who benefited from exploiters as well. The ones who were able to sell stuff at ridiculous prices.

Two of those groups are going to smash the third.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Which brings up another issue. There is a decent split in the community between those who exploited and those who did not. I guess you could add in those who benefited from exploiters as well. The ones who were able to sell stuff at ridiculous prices.

Can't wait to take a guild of casual pvpers and delvers up against a 20 man tenebrous team.

I hope someone gets HQ screenshots or video of the t2 instance.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • rycelerycele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This games proves it pays to exploit. I don't even bother with PvP anymore on my cleric.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tell the other team they get more rewarded for not ending it too fast ;p
    it`s true, and you benfit from it as well.
    dumb pointsystem ;p
    edited June 2013
    I'm just giving you a hard time. I don't like it when a game is somewhat competitive and someone decides to give up because you are slightly behind. It is annoying.

What kills me is I find this is often happening shortly after the first big exchange at the middle tower. One bad exchange does not a loser make. There's nothing more exciting for me in this game than a come from behind win in PvP, and these quitters completely take that off the table. DON'T QUIT ON YOUR TEAM!
  • g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I only do pvp for the 4k AD, this game has no pvp. All i see is CC to death that's all the pvp is about.
    guess we gotta wait for the 20th and see.
  • prometheusenprometheusen Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've only ever quit a team in PvP for one condition and one condition only: when my team isn't PvPing. Every so many games, I go off to help one poor sod that decided they wanted to engage 4 players at the center because I'm in it for the player vs player aspect, not capturing stupid towers, or getting points, or being #1-- we both usually get obliterated while the rest of the team goes off trying to ninja the polar towers, and then, that very person I tried to help, just ends up doing what they're doing or goes afk in the camp. Usually, I'll try to engage the other team again at some point, get liquidated yet again while my "team" goes off running in circles, doing their best to avoid the opposing players.

That's not PvP... that's a waste of time and I'd rather do PvE content (which I personally consider to be far from stimulating) than be a part of that silly circus.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    What kills me is I find this is often happening shortly after the first big exchange at the middle tower. One bad exchange does not a loser make. There's nothing more exciting for me in this game than a come from behind win in PvP, and these quitters completely take that off the table. DON'T QUIT ON YOUR TEAM!

Thats why i dislike it when the whole team doesnt show at 2 at the start. I find the same...... the team that wins 2 first off gets a great mental advantage.
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Thats why i dislike it when the whole team doesnt show at 2 at the start. I find the same...... the team that wins 2 first off gets a great mental advantage.

Yeah, I'm kind of torn on that one. I prefer having one teammate go back to capture the far tower, but I see what you're saying. On the off chance that the opposing team doesn't adopt the same strat, you're at a disadvantage in that first big fight for tower 2.
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »

a 5-man rush of 2 to start the match is bad tactics. You should always have 1 person cap the close point to start the match, while sending 4 to mid (or, if you know your team well, you could try a 3/2 split. I'd only recommend that for teams who have confidence in the 3 players sent to hold mid.)

You should never have 5 at mid at any point during the match. After you've taken close point, 1 person should always be heading for the far point, to serve as a distraction. The goal is to pull at least 2 enemies to the far point, allowing your team to outnumber the enemy at the other 2 points. As soon as that person is dead, or close to death, another person breaks off from the main group and heads to the far point, to take over as the new distraction.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • tanza1313tanza1313 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why the change to now not being able to kick someone from a PvP match?
    After an afk cleric and complete waste of time (just running around doing nothing) rogue, I added them to my ignore list. Why is it the cleric is in my team for the very next match? Some of us have limited time play and play to chill, but when it is match after match like this there is no chill factor. I don't mind losing a match, some of the best ones I have played we have lost, but make it enjoyable please.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    On the battle field in whatever game I play. At any time I just might say screw you guys I am going home. There is nothing wrong with it. Its not like its a commitment and well if my team sucks good luck. I am gonna leave and find a real pvp game. If I am stuck in a corner and I am 1v3 guess what I might just leave. In PvP in any game. There will be botters, afkers, and ppl that just say well this battle is pointless and leave. Just deal with it. If someone on my team leaves I just assume he was getting ganked and had enough so what. I can't control him he has every right to leave its his character. I have power over myself and I will just try and kill as many as I can and whether I complete the match or not doesn't matter as long as I PvP.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've only ever quit a team in PvP for one condition and one condition only: when my team isn't PvPing. Every so many games, I go off to help one poor sod that decided they wanted to engage 4 players at the center because I'm in it for the player vs player aspect, not capturing stupid towers, or getting points, or being #1-- we both usually get obliterated while the rest of the team goes off trying to ninja the polar towers, and then, that very person I tried to help, just ends up doing what they're doing or goes afk in the camp. Usually, I'll try to engage the other team again at some point, get liquidated yet again while my "team" goes off running in circles, doing their best to avoid the opposing players.

That's not PvP... that's a waste of time and I'd rather do PvE content (which I personally consider to be far from stimulating) than be a part of that silly circus.

If he's engaging 4 players by himself, then the rest of your team can cap the other two points. If he's a decent GF or GWF he can handle himself for a bit.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • prometheusenprometheusen Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    If he's engaging 4 players by himself, then the rest of your team can cap the other two points. If he's a decent GF or GWF he can handle himself for a bit.

Occasionally that individual may be a GF or GWF, but refer back to the part about "we both get obliterated." Unless it's a bunch of a Trickster Rogues on the other team, four against one and a half (because most of the time, when I get to him, he's already half dead) isn't auspicious odds.

This really was more of another anti-Capture the Tower statement. Why have anyone on the team going after towers? Why not just... fight other players? >.>
  • sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

I dunno, I think that, what with the way the Raiders have been playing, I could foster a come from behind win against them, too.

/snark
    edited June 2013
    On the battle field in whatever game I play. At any time I just might say screw you guys I am going home. There is nothing wrong with it.

WRONG ANSWER, SPORTSFANS!

I hope the next time you're rolling along in PvP, getting kills and pulling points, that one of your teammates bails on you. Maybe then you'll get some hint as to how your behavior affects other players.

Thanks for playing our game. Here's a year's supply of Turtle Wax.
  • huevit0huevit0 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why should I stay in a game where I know I'm going to lose and they nerf the losing team's prize. I can be top on the board for the whole game, most kills, most points, calling strategies. but because my team sucks or the other team is too good for my team i get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for a reward and wasted a bunch of my time.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    huevit0 wrote: »
    Why should I stay in a game where I know I'm going to lose and they nerf the losing team's prize. I can be top on the board for the whole game, most kills, most points, calling strategies. but because my team sucks or the other team is too good for my team i get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for a reward and wasted a bunch of my time.

agree, xp caps for losing teams (glory also i guess) after a certain time/score xp just stops and even if you get more score after that you won`t get rewarded for wasting another 10 min.
    and winning teams have to let the other team gain more score to get higher rewards in xp/glory.
    i don`t know who has made that system, but should be fired if he also made the first pvp system.