test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter launcher Not showing up.

enyasenyas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Last night when i played NW it worked fine but when i went to start today after the patch..nothing shows up..it says the launcher is up but clearly it isn't because all i see is the neverwinter symbol but i click on it and it doesn't do anything. i exited and went through arc to play it..it does the auto launcher then nothing.. O.o i don't know if it's my computer but it plays it fine..or something got screwy.. Help?
Post edited by enyas on

Comments

• ceruleanjadeceruleanjade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am having the same problem. You said you went through Arc to play it, what is that? if anyone knows a work around, please let me know.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Right click on NW desktop icon, open Properties, Run>change to Normal Window.
    Worked for me.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tlawtlaw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The reverse worked for me...I changed the window setting to "maximized" in the properties tab and and it finally opened...so thanks for posting!
  • bulletproofgunbulletproofgun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tlaw wrote: »
    The reverse worked for me...I changed the window setting to "maximized" in the properties tab and and it finally opened...so thanks for posting!
    This worked for me as well, but if I try to return it to normal it blacks out again. And I can usually see it in the start bar if I hover over it, and I can type my password and log in, and everything works fine for then on. But if I click it, nothing comes up and then when I hover over it looks like a black screen

EDIT: Never mind. I tried moving it around, then I set it back to normal window, and now it works fine. I dunno what I did <.<
  • silencedreamssilencedreams Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Found the launcher window is being displayed off screen. Right clicked on the bottom screen ribbon Neverwinter block and selected move -- used arrow keys to bring back. Screen was off the lower right of the display on mine. Then could log in.
  • freakyphinfreakyphin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thanks guys...had the same issue, was starting to panic. silencedreams's advice helped. cheers much mates
  • aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the advice, Silencedreams. This fixed both the launcher not showing and not being able to connect to the account server while going directly through the .exe file. Quite a freak occurrence.
  • dota2vince2dota2vince2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @silencedreams i love u ;)
  • enyasenyas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am having the same problem. You said you went through Arc to play it, what is that? if anyone knows a work around, please let me know.
    Arc is what you download if you play jade dynasty i just have neverwinter downloaded on that and thank you silencedreams it actually worked o.o
    \
  • mustang1970mustang1970 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks folks, changing from normal to maximized then launching worked, but no I have no sound.....
    Going to try changing it back to "Normal" and see how that goes.
    Well.... The game plays, but not with sound.... FUN FUN fun.
  • jedaciouzjedaciouz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    where can I find the bottom screen ribbon???
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jedaciouz wrote: »
    where can I find the bottom screen ribbon???

on the taskbar at the bottom of screen

also see this thread about similar problem: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?378382-Neverwinter-loading-screen-%28Bug-in-last-quot-2-quot-patchs-%29
  • aldobudja1106aldobudja1106 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Found the launcher window is being displayed off screen. Right clicked on the bottom screen ribbon Neverwinter block and selected move -- used arrow keys to bring back. Screen was off the lower right of the display on mine. Then could log in.

thank's dude, yua are the best silencedreams
  • lucklobster1lucklobster1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

-- THANKS! this was driving me mad!
  • n1ght0n1ght0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the help its work after the : Right click on NW desktop icon, open Properties, Run>change to Normal Window.
  • tairzeetairzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi silenced, How did you get the option for "move"? Im right clicking left clicking breaking my keyboard and its now doing anythinmg. please help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gottoongottoon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I figured out the root of the issue today when I finally had time to work on it again. Windows 'remembers' the location where the window was last open and the size and returns it back to that same location next launch. For some reason the registry entries for Neverwinter.exe holding those locations were changed to a location no longer on my visible desktop. The reg edit modification monitor software I had running caught this change when it was closed after my last patched update. Looks like the update may have overwritten the values. :(

On windows xp and sometimes 7 (in Windows 7 you have to hold Shift and right click to get the 'normal' context menu) you can right click the task bar and get the move option to work. In windows 8 I have never seen that work because it handles the desktop so much differently with the active corners. I set mine to maximize then made it a normal window by dragging the window and letting windows readjust it to the correct size. I suggest closing the window at that point then try to relaunch without the maximize option set to make sure it updated the window location and size in the registry.
  • taynahrataynahra Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    silencedreams, thank you kind sir o7
  • pittpott15pittpott15 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Thanks a lot silencedreams :) you're my savior :D
  • whirl99whirl99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks! it worked!
  • kaoshin619kaoshin619 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Man This dumb (cool) idea worked for me. thx alot bro
  • rcjackrcjack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    At last! May the Gods bless you, silencedreams!