test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove the rolling dice for looting in Epic Dungeon.

furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
They said they're going to change the looting system in Epic Dungeons. Most of the comments were negative which means most of us didn't like it. I want to suggest to remove the rolling dice in looting for Epic Dungeons instead let each member of a party have their own loot. I find Epic Dungeons boring because you won't easily get a good item in 1 hr. because of its rolling dice so I find dungeons as a waste of time so I rather buy the armor than running dungeons. Has anyone of you played Diablo 3? I know it sucks but I like the looting system and they didn't have big trouble in economy.
SIGNATURE
Post edited by furion192 on

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    I rather buy the armor than running dungeons.

Don't worry. Soon you won't be able to do that either. -_-
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So many people having neverwinter as their first mmo in life...
    Theirs stupidity and need for instant gratification are really discouraging at times.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Theirs stupidity and need for instant gratification are really discouraging at times.

If you can't even use the word "their" correctly, how can you possibly call anyone else stupid? You know what's really discouraging? This idea that you are somehow special because you've played more MMOs than someone else. If this is really a badge of honor for you, maybe you should think of reevaluating a few things.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

I've played many free to play and they mostly had bind on equip for 85% of gear/items.
  • onejellydoughnutonejellydoughnut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol when you "played" diablo 3..... at least this game was playable upon release ;P
  • blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    Lol when you "played" diablo 3..... at least this game was playable upon release ;P

This game has had as many unplayable moments as Diablo 3 did, but that's just a sidenote because it isn't released yet.

Buying gear to do content isn't exactly "instant gratification". It's stupid to buy gear you aren't going to use. It's stupid to do ANYTHING you aren't prepared for. In the real world, that means that before I go to work I come equipped with the best **** hammer money can buy--I don't "earn" it by hammering with a sponge, or pray for it to drop out the tail end of the job site while wielding one made of rubber.

Lord knows I'd buy that sucker before I went off to kill four hundred zombies and an undead dragon--you know, that ACTUAL gratification in that portion of the game.
    edited June 2013
    I've played many free to play and they mostly had bind on equip for 85% of gear/items.

Yes, but then leveling ends and end game instances with BoPs start.
    Even with BoP mechanics implemented still about 85% of items will be BoE.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having end-game gear as BoE is a terrible design decision which leads to situations where upon reaching end-game instead of doing dungeons you farm gold to buy the gear from the AH.
    However, i's definitely more profitable for the people running the game.
    furion192 wrote: »
    Most of the comments were negative which means most of us didn't like it.
    All it means is that people who don't like something complain loudly. News at 11.
  • agghaggh Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having end-game gear as BoE is a terrible design decision which leads to situations where upon reaching end-game instead of doing dungeons you farm gold to buy the gear from the AH.
    However, i's definitely more profitable for the people running the game.

All it means is that people who don't like something complain loudly. News at 11.

No, it just means that not many people use the forums at all so they don't know about it at all.
    JWXTcjS.png
    edited June 2013
    aggh wrote: »
    No, it just means that not many people use the forums at all so they don't know about it at all.

Apparently vast majority of players is busy playing and enjoying the game, leaving forums for ~50-100 complainers to reign free, letting them believe they are the "voice of majority", well, they are not, they are only vocal minority.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aggh wrote: »
    I know that, but this doesn't change my point at all.
    Actually, the fact that only a small part of all players post on the forums means that any crying from a vocal minority of complainers has even less relevance to the actual state of things.
  • dronemandroneman Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i'm still having trouble figuring out the way the admins are trying to keep the economy in the game.... as far as i know, as a rogue.. i solo my way up to level 60 (since no one is willing to do parties, unless we gotta in a dungeon.. this game is not made right for co-op unless you hit max. level.. it kinda sucks)
    and only then i get to start working my way to getting the best gear i can for me and really making money, and perhaps party with others.
    until then, all i do is sell the crappy stuff to merchants, or the rest goes for like 2 AD's in the AH. 100 if i get lucky. and all the sudden when i see some gears for level 60 they sell for 500k AD (WTF how can the difference get so hard?)
    i don't know... drop rate is fine.. it's actually so high i need to sell stuff to merchants or go back to PE like once an hour to keep some space in my inventory....... i really don't get it..
    never bought ANYTHING up till now from anyone, and i am already level 44.. the economy here, and society... its like things are made for level 60's only.
  • blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    Apparently vast majority of players is busy playing and enjoying the game, leaving forums for ~50-100 complainers to reign free, letting them believe they are the "voice of majority", well, they are not, they are only vocal minority.

As much as you're absolutely right about that, it doesn't mean what you think it means.

The vast majority are happily playing, and will suddenly find that they can't do what they thought they where going to do---save up and buy that tasty morsel they've been saving for. The folks that don't stay abreast of every patch note and incoming change(read: the REAL vast majority) will suddenly be quite taken aback indeed.
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Because of these comment the topic has changed -_-
    SIGNATURE
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    If you can't even use the word "their" correctly, how can you possibly call anyone else stupid? You know what's really discouraging? This idea that you are somehow special because you've played more MMOs than someone else. If this is really a badge of honor for you, maybe you should think of reevaluating a few things.

I laughed hard at this one , totall win .