test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next patch: How to destroy the economy 101

mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Alright, for now some items cost a leg. 1m for a helmet or 3m for a weapon.
But let me explain something.

Right now you can make decent ammount of AD by selling items, and this is great, that allow you to get Zen and buy some things.

The next patch will modify the items and they will be linked to your account.

I just tried to see how much AD you can get by selling the items.
CN weapons => 10k AD
T1 armor/jewellery => 3K/4K
I had nothing else to see

But at this rate, there will be a massive breakdown in the economy.
That mean less AD, price drops ... OR NOT! because some people spend THOURSAND of dollars in the game making it a perfect PAY to WIN.

Even if there is a chance to see every price fall to a ridiculous price, there is the chance that the richer players get a complete control of the market, making the Zen too much powerful, so please PWE don't do that or multiply by 10/20 the rate of AD for the salvage.

I know this game is an investment for PWE and they need $$$ from it, but doing this is the start to follow the path of Allods.
Post edited by mallonslefr on

Comments

• Options
    toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    290 ad/zen

1000 zen for a bag

290,000 ad = 29 cn weapon drops lel

but, where are you getting your numbers from?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    290 ad/zen

1000 zen for a bag

290,000 ad = 29 cn weapon drops lel

but, where are you getting your numbers from?

this update is live on the server test
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Is the refining cap the same?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    bananskruebananskrue Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The economy will be full haywire next patch. I'm having a hard time predicting what will happen to be honest. I think enchants will be worth a ton because their what most people will be spending money on when you can't spend money on gear.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is the refining cap the same?
    Cap is still the same 24k AD
    The economy will be full haywire next patch. I'm having a hard time predicting what will happen to be honest. I think enchants will be worth a ton because their what most people will be spending money on when you can't spend money on gear.
    Honestly noone will have ADs at some point. They want maybe to give more impact of their Leadership and AD cap. but better they rise the rate, not nerfing everything. It's crazy to see how much they like to nerf things.

And by doing this, well the AD seller will be so happy, low AD rates (i bet they sit on millions and millions of AD) they will have an infinite stock.

Honestly if i have to farm CN to get 10k AD i prefer to lvl 5 account to lvl 11 and get the same ammount everyday by praying.

This change will just encourage people to bot or find other way to exploit the game mecanics.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    this update is live on the server test

so, the current exchange IS the reason they do this "good patch", I see
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I can already hit 24k a day without too much work. What a lame change.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Next patch won't merely destroy the economy, it's going to kill the game... in about 2 months' time (depending on how many new players they attract with their "official launch"). Once everyone gets the gear they want with BoP rules, nobody will want to run dungeons they already got their gear from. Slowly but surely people will simply not sign on and stop playing the game. The hardcore players like myself who is already geared out won't even last that long, since there won't be any reason for us to play.

This is the dumbest idea Cryptic can implement to the game and that's saying a lot for a company that already made so many bad decisions.

Need = BoP
    Greed = BoE
  • Options
    omnicidalg0domnicidalg0d Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    is this a joke? please someone tell me this is just good trolling?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    is this a joke? please someone tell me this is just good trolling?

Wrong time of year and it's already on preview :D
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why make yet another thread about this. Couldn't you have posted in one 6 other threads?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why make yet another thread about this. Couldn't you have posted in one 6 other threads?

I'm glad he did post this as it's the one thread right now that has actual numbers being reported.