test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP damage.

isleeislee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I think PvP could be fun, if damage was nerfed across the board. Getting 1 or 2 hit killed by anything but a cleric stops being fun SUPER fast.
Post edited by islee on

Comments

• xrel1xxrel1x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    It is fun when you have gear. at about 8.5 GS you should start doing better at lvl 60.

In the pre-60 brackets, your going to be more squishy in the first five levels because you will be facing actual level *9 people. (*9 =39, 49. 59, etc.) and they have better powers, higher stats.

*one side note, not many PUG's are fun against pre-mades.
  • uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    islee wrote: »
    I think PvP could be fun, if damage was nerfed across the board. Getting 1 or 2 hit killed by anything but a cleric stops being fun SUPER fast.

it already takes 3 ppl to kill a tank cleric in pvp even w/ nerfs
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clerics can do that too, just not as often (hammer daily says hi).
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    PVP damage is a bit too high. I have a DPS GF, i crit for too much dmg, and i take too much dmg. I think i should do and take less, but ehy, it's funny so np.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    clerics can do that too, just not as often (hammer daily says hi).

Actually hammer was nerfed quite bad.
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i dunno, i still get kills with it
  • stellarstriderstellarstrider Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xrel1x wrote: »
    In the pre-60 brackets, your going to be more squishy in the first five levels because you will be facing actual level *9 people. (*9 =39, 49. 59, etc.) and they have better powers, higher stats.

*one side note, not many PUG's are fun against pre-mades.

Not quite.

When you are among the lowest levels of a bracket your damage is actually higher in PvP than when you are outside. Whereas a few levels later your damage is progressively reduced.

The gear upgrades, stat increases and additional powers often don't quite make-up for these adjustments. This, in practice, causes you to be a lot more powerful at level 40 than at 49 while doing PvP. The difference is particularly large when you don't upgrade your items often.

I haven't looked all that much as these figures, but seems to be around a 15% damage buff at *0 and all the way -60% reduction at *9. Keep in mind this is only a rough estimation at best.

Personally, I just wish everyone had the same stats in PvP, so it's not about enchants/items.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think that they should limit the damage in PvP to 3,000 damage per hit (maximum). I'd also like them to limit the stacks of control effects - where if player A uses a control effect on an enemy, any control effects from other players won't affect the target.
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Max 3.000 dmg? I would be immortal... no, this would be nonsense, sorry.
  • anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tell me how to kill a cleric if i do 3k dmg per hit.seems like you never pvp at 60 bracket lol
  • isleeislee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have 2 lvl 60's; a gwf and gf between 9k and 12k gs. I get one or two shot regularly, and sometimes I 2 shot people back or stunlock kill them with the gwf. Damage across the board is silly. Rogue daggered me to half from stealth (when will they fix that?) then one shot me with a 15k lashing strike crit from stealth. It's normal.
  • harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    for my gwf....(gs 9k i knw its low) whole pvp is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> there no balance in pvp and gwf class is worst...........no 1 want to improve this class (flourish and dailyes still give full animation on foe and gives zero dmg ......gf can block daily....tr ....rolls out of daily .....others jus use some sort of spell and run out of daily and encounter wtf ) ...............f()k with this game........and yes i use steel defense wich gives me 5s of immune to dmg after activating daily bt my gfw dia in between animation of daily and wht my dialy is also gone ....and dmg is zero many times ...........jus coz of they wont fix it............sry for my eng......
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PVP damage at 60 in general is horrible. Makes me want to avoid pvp at 60 all together.
  • pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Focus. priority. targets....there you all now 'two shot' someone.
  • accettura00accettura00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rogues take skill.. reroll on to be a pro. clearly after a 60% nerf they only do 15k hits now. so dont cry
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    harshaln wrote: »
    for my gwf....(gs 9k i knw its low) whole pvp is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> there no balance in pvp and gwf class is worst...........no 1 want to improve this class (flourish and dailyes still give full animation on foe and gives zero dmg ......gf can block daily....tr ....rolls out of daily .....others jus use some sort of spell and run out of daily and encounter wtf ) ...............f()k with this game........and yes i use steel defense wich gives me 5s of immune to dmg after activating daily bt my gfw dia in between animation of daily and wht my dialy is also gone ....and dmg is zero many times ...........jus coz of they wont fix it............sry for my eng......

Did you just say GWF is the worst in pvp? Seriously? Hit the GWF and forums and ask a few questions. People complain about rogues, but I seen quite a few GWF's able to "stun" lock my rogue (and others) and kill me in about 2 or 3 hits as I am scooping my rogue off the ground.
  • saadpanda123saadpanda123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well as I see this is new game, and all the balance is still in progress, but as I see it - to balance something as first there needs to be diminishing returns for all abilities, for example : first stun on target #1 is 100% duration, #2 stun is 50% duration, #3 is 15% duration, #4 target is immune what diminishes over 15 or 30 secconds to land 100% duration stun . It is very common system and most mmo's uses that for pvp balance, so there is no 4-ever cc. Same goes to roots, slows etc.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tell me how to kill a cleric if i do 3k dmg per hit.seems like you never pvp at 60 bracket lol

just keep hitting them, they can't heal
  • yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pickygamer wrote: »
    Focus. priority. targets....there you all now 'two shot' someone.
    Problem is 2 shot anyone is NOT fun, i love to pvp have a 12.5 gwf and a 14k gf and i usually am 1st or second on board, but that doesnt mean that i have waaaay more fun at low levels than now... Again this is not a shooter, some startegy should be involved, not just focus A, then focus B etc...
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well as I see this is new game, and all the balance is still in progress, but as I see it - to balance something as first there needs to be diminishing returns for all abilities, for example : first stun on target #1 is 100% duration, #2 stun is 50% duration, #3 is 15% duration, #4 target is immune what diminishes over 15 or 30 secconds to land 100% duration stun . It is very common system and most mmo's uses that for pvp balance, so there is no 4-ever cc. Same goes to roots, slows etc.

They need to do that in conjuction with damage reduction. For as it stands, even with reduced duration. People will die in 1-2 hits of a stun.

Though that needs to apply at the maximum level stuff. These problems arent bad at lower level. But diminishng returns needs to apply in pvp in general across the board however.

But only apply to the same kind of stun. A daze effect shouldnt have diminishing returns to a root effect.
  • saadpanda123saadpanda123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well dmg is not killing, critical hits are , so introduce resiliance or some kind of stat what decreases critical damage taken. So if u choose to go glass cannon, do it - but be aware that u will be ****ed up in one hit, if u balance def/dmg it could outsustain that damage and actualy kill target. PvP is very complicated to balance, damage is not the only problem in here, I see much of a damage could be actually avoided if it would be possible to move while casting or auto attacking, like it is in for example in wow or gw2. When I first time went for some pvp action I checked if lag or something, because this pvp what I saw was nothing like dynamic game, more like stroking players who just pop Q for jump and E for casting some abilities. The "dodge moves" are stroking as well, whats the point of dodging 1 sec ability when u have .5 sec freeze-time after casting tricksters roll, c-mages blink or whatever. Game managers need to seriously think about combat mechanics and how characters are controlled while in combat.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    islee wrote: »

PvP is fast paced and fun , look up some guides or something I believe you need help with your cleric lol . Other clerics do not cry that much , there are only a few spamming the forums with bs threads like this one .