test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Clerics in pvp!

nojil676nojil676 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Man doing pvp now as a DC is just pointless i got 3 shoted by EVERYTHING including a GF lol its so pathetic!!!!
Post edited by nojil676 on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nojil676 wrote: »
    Man doing pvp now as a DC is just pointless i got 3 shoted by EVERYTHING including a GF lol its so pathetic!!!!

GF is one of the best PvP classes...
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There's literally no "Upside" to PvPing as a Cleric.

No stun
    Bad DPS
    Bad Heals
    Damage Reduction too little to matter
  • Options
    xrel1xxrel1x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    que with a fellow cleric, when there are 2 of you, you can watch each others backs when you are getting focused. You most likely will win as well if you have a competent team who know your going to both stand on point 2 all match.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    GF is one of the best PvP classes...

Correction, GF is the best top tier PvP class.
    Shield negate CCs & "one shot" kills while their perma prone Q-E-R combo + enchant procs = Two shot kills.

TRs have to rely on a daily to "one shot" (actually two shots) kill.
    CWs have to set up their death ray.

zephryl1 wrote: »
    There's literally no "Upside" to PvPing as a Cleric.

No stun
    Bad DPS
    Bad Heals
    Damage Reduction too little to matter

Huge AP generation + powerful Daily ability.
    Hammer of Justice currently does more than Shocking Execution.
    Also the ability to make GFs into unstoppable monsters.

Currently DCs excel in group fights (Try to kill a GF/GWF under AS even post patch) but are terrible in 1 vs 1.
    (Which no cleric should end up in)
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    cwair01cwair01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    Guys don't be so negative, while i've been playing cleric since closed beta i've learned a thing or two..
    But the cleric's are actually quite awesome in pvp if played right, daunting light can crit players for up to 12-14K and you still have astral shield if used wisley.. Just adapt
    I'm always friendly and will be happy any of your inquires via pm!
    However i'm not a part of PWE and can't handle any questions regarding your personal details or account.
    Please respect the forum ToS and keep a nice manner towards your fellow adventurers!

| Half Elf - Cleric | Good reading for Clerics |