test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Time for payback! (I'll review your foundries :3)

lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Yep so basicly what the title says, the ones i have on my list of reviewing currently is :

I'll add the names as i go through them, but if you wish your list be added, i'll gladly trade :) But i make no promises!

Disclaimer: These are are based upon personal experiences with foundries/ your foundry. Do not take my scores/ratings personally. Because they are not, I just try and give each of their own a fair score based on my previous foundry experiences.

NW-DP88JMVEP Dorinton artifact - Great, truly great puzzle foundry. Not for the feint of heart :) - I will probobly keep playing it until i finally solve that puzzle myself. Interesting story, and a nice warmup to send you off.

NW-DALRKD3F5 Immortalis This i've posted in the creators thread, It goes further indepht.

NW-DRFKYD2CN - Return from The Void - Truly one of the best foundries I've played, but there are reasons I gave it a 3/5 - Mostly because the humour broke the immersion of the otherwise great story for me. There where wierd dialogues that pointed towards modern wordings, R&R, "nuke her", Lorebomb. - But the Aidan mode gave me a chuckle. - The details and story is great, the enviroments are awesome. All in all deffo worth a play. But if i would be a real critique and not give it a personal rating, which i normally do. (The critique rating.) I would give this a very strong 4/5.

It's just that the humour did kill the immersion for me that much, and the music changing all to rapidly. Then to just silence.

NWS-DQS27OINC -Heeding the Call
First off, I loved that pig.. love it lol
So I gave the quest a 3/5, that being said I did really enjoy doing this one more than most. It's kind of unique, and I did play this without a mount on my lvl 10 BWF. It's in need of polishing and perhaps adding details but, with that said. It's humour/story and calm pace was a truly welcome change amongst many quests. I can see this becoming a 5/5 with work added to it. The lack of music and certain details was noticable, but the rest weighed up and made it worthwhile.

NW-DNA6IVAK2 -Withdrawn? Moving on to the next.

NW-DKG9XVYI7 - A Hero's Adventure - This is is abit different in a good way, I enjoyed the story in the quest, the details are well placed out. Still I don't consider it a Hack'n'slash. - And that's a good thing imo. I would give it a 2.5 or 3/5, It's a good and solid foundry quest. And it's obvious the author has spent time improving the quest further after a few playtests. Will finish this another day, other things call my attention. But I will finish it, and rate it as deserved. It's a long quest but a well made one. ( But this quest is making it hard to be completed, I just don't know where to go and when.)

My panther however, did enjoy the company of your dear character :3
qFV151Cl.jpg

NW-DDMY3WOTA -Descendent of Simon, Part 1. - This is a decent quest, though in need of serious polish. If updated I might consider replaying it, but as it stands now i probobly wont. - Spammed webs across corridors, not rotated/or moved to avoid repetetive visuals. The story is -okay-. No real challenge throughout. I gave it a 3/5, but.. It's for those hack n' slashers out there wanting no challenge or thought put into their hacking. Where it me, I'd rate it lower.

NW-DQBGVHH7V - The Dark Garden - Need more work on certain details, too many FX working as the fog. Killed my FPS. - Decent story, encounters not really offering a challenge. But decent quest, not bad at all.

No code yet - Mage Masher

Well crafted, and well balanced quest. Nice story/mystery and a good eye for details/envirotment. Though perhaps a duo or hard difficulty for solo players would be good. Atleast on the final battle. Was abit too easy imo, overall a strong 4/5 - The text ran out ingame review, I'll add that that 4, might turn into a five with the party difficulty. ( Foundry limitations probobly being 3 players or so but, still. ) A foundry is always more fun with more than one player. )

NW-DPSH5O5XY - Darkly Dreaming (Now Live) Dreamscapes campaign, will follow the same suit as before. - Rest of the parts set on hold until i can make a lap.
Part 1 - It's.. Too Short(This is not a bad thing, I did not consider this in my scoring as bad.) - As in i enjoyed myself quite alot. The combat was non-repetative, the story decent. But what made me enjoy myself was the small details, like ordering a "Gargle Blaster" Detailed enviroments which I enjoyed as well. All in all worth a shot, I gave it a 4/5. Had fun doing it and can see myself playing it again... I do enjoy those Nightmares :3

NWS-DOF3BARMD - The Dark Creed. - The story in this quest/campaign is okay, except for a few pointers. There was a certain NPC which just walked away from me, now this can easily be worked out with a reason as to why I would let him just leave. Something that keeps me from just attacking him outright. I did miss a few dialogue options here and there, and even if they are put there as an illusion it does add to the experience as a whole. The enviroment was nice, though I'd like to see more details be added. The sewers felt so, so clean - The fights where fun, and the encounters where nicely placed. (But lower the fog in the farm room, It killed my framerate.) Gave this a 3/5, Worthy a playthrough, and more if the author updates/builds upon the map.

NWS-DKR9GB7KH - The Fenwick Cycle Campaign? If so will follow suit of other campaigns. Not searchable, withdrawn?
NW-DM5LBGKPL -The Ruins of Whitlock Tower - I'll start of with the negatives. It's in need of alot of polish, the teleports are a game mechanical nightmare. - They also need to add a tooltop saying something, perhaps being Mysterious? Or anything. - I did find it amusing in a GOOD way that I died by just trying to use one. ( But i thought that I've missed a tooltip, went back and no tooltip. )

I really miss the music I must say, you have really one of the best fighting scenes I've scene, mostly because I had so much fun playing a fight where I had to manage and think for abit, Not just run through it all in one go. - I actually earned potions during your foundry, but the fighting is awesome.

There are some nitpicks here and there but, as i said just need to polish and update it, If you do, I'll most likely replay it.

I did love the sky in the woods though, but equally did not enjoy fighting "Thug 1,2,3 and 4" If you catch my drift. 3/5

A short Dig - NW-DA8O42CFF - Great quest all around, though the lore nut i am, I do want to see a House name on drows, atleast if you place a Matron mother in it. Great attention to details/enviroment and music/ambient sounds. Overall the little story there is, well doesn't take away that much from the quest. Well balanced encounters, not too easy nor hard. 4/5

The Lost City - NW-DMFGWPBN3 - Interesting quest, though wished the final battle would last longer with all the work put to get there. The Lucky Patron gave me a chuckle. I Enjoyed the Inn and the dialogue there. Also details here and there, but would like to see more. Good and well made quest. 4/5

And here comes a worthy screen of a well crafted Drow entry point.
To avoid spoilers, Picture
The Dragon Sisters - Part 1 It's okay. Nitpicks here and there that build up. It just feels, kind of rushed. (With this short a quest, you could add more encounters and focus on that, to make it more interesting as a starter quest.) - Because it is so short, it didn't really leave an impact with me to continue on. ( I will though but i've set campaign quests order as is to avoid flogging up the others' quests. ) Some people might approve of a very short quest though. Also perhaps add interactables to add to the story, to let people interested in the story look those up, while players playing it for other reasons may just as well continue to do so.

The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV - Part 1 This needs alot of rework, but the last boss looks awesome. Details lacking, oddly placed details in the 2nd area. I'll just leave it at that. 2/5

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY Part 1 - Too short in my opinion, the fight was quite fun but I am the nemesis of Wave counters. The clock ringing as the book said, was awesome.. But then I saw the counter, and I really dislike wave counters. There's no need for them, the immersion i felt from the clock ringing, was gone because of that.).. Also a floating door. (Mind I tend to avoid nitpicks, but. This quest was so short, so can't have much oversight with it. ) Overall a fun quest, worth a try if you are into short quests. 3/5

Visiting Skyrom- NW-DOV9PBWPQ - This game gave me a smile or two while playing, I didn't take it seriously as i except it shouldn't be. But to make this a worthwhile quest, one needs to put more effort into it. Merely being a parody of a great game doesn't cut it. 2/5

The Village on Ebon Lake - NW-DQ3S67EKX - This one is simply put awesome. It captures the Lovecraftian spirit quite well, but also takes you up on a decent story. The encounters was easy, but I for one would love a slider perhaps at the end boss? It wasn't as interesting and rewarding as playing through the story/quest itself. Though this one I would personally want to rate 5, but gave it a 4 because of the final encounter, and that it was a bit short in someway.. Hard to pinpoint, but not far from a five at all. I will replay this one more, i'm sure of it.

Taking a break now, the reviewing is done for now since no further posters have requested it. When I go for another run I will continue on the campaigns i've started.
I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
Post edited by lolsorhand on

Comments

• Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Bumpish, let me know of all your epic creations, and I will see what i can do :3
    I like turtles.

• Options
    talli0talli0 Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    Adding yours to my list of ones to run this weekend.

Check out mine when you get the chance! Info is in my sig.
    Talli0's Foundry:

No Country for Old Undead
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Any takers? I don't give any one-liner reviews though.
    I like turtles.

• Options
    anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I plan to run your quests as well, as they seem to be steeped with a Lovecraft theme. I've done something similar, but subtle (you would have to read all the non-objective items to get that context), and setup more like a dungeon crawl.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?305181-Mage-Masher-Solo-or-Group-Dungeon-Crawl&highlight=mage+masher
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    anrix2 wrote: »
    I plan to run your quests as well, as they seem to be steeped with a Lovecraft theme. I've done something similar, but subtle (you would have to read all the non-objective items to get that context), and setup more like a dungeon crawl.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?305181-Mage-Masher-Solo-or-Group-Dungeon-Crawl&highlight=mage+masher

Well mostly, It's the 2nd part that has the Lovecraft theme. As i tried making a sort of plane, with lovecraftian inspiration.
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Minsc wishes you all to post your creations here!
    I like turtles.

• Options
    fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bumpish, anyone wishes to get reviewed, now is the time :)
    I like turtles.

• Options
    shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Lovecraft? I'm in, but I can't get to it until next week. My info is in my sig.
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Any further takers? Who wishes to have a review?
    I like turtles.

• Options
    maerwinmaerwin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can run through my quest (code and link in the sig), if you wish. I'll add yours into my list and play it tonight/tomorrow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMFGWPBN3 The Lost City - Review Thread
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do! I'd love feedback on my three!

(I'm planning on adding some text to my second mission making it hopefully more clear that you don't have to go straight through the forest. I was too cryptic.)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    bullzeye701bullzeye701 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sure, I need a few more to go daily eligable. If you have the heart (and potions) give "The Ruins of Whitlock Tower" a go!

NW-DM5LBGKPL
  • Options
    anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    Well mostly, It's the 2nd part that has the Lovecraft theme. As i tried making a sort of plane, with lovecraftian inspiration.

Is the second part soloable? And if so can I play it without having played the first part or would I be lost? I am kind of unable to play the first part because I play alone.
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Tomorrow, as in 12 hours or so i will finish this current list. I will build up upon it at peoples requests. But tomorrow I will also start working on Part 3 of my own campaign, hopefully. If the foundry is up. - Then continue and work the list off.
    I like turtles.

• Options
    caustic8caustic8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for offering. I'm interested in checking out your quests too. Here's my quest info:

A Short Dig - NW-DA8O42CFF
    A Short Dig - NW-DA8O42CFF
  • Options
    chibidanichibidani Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    Your welcome to play my campaign I'd prefer if you reviewed part 1-3 as a whole since that was my learning period and i plan on reworking those in the future to be higher quality in map detail ^-^ but you can reveiw part 4 and 5 Seperately.
    just search for The Dragon Sisters Or chibidani as the author.
  • Options
    pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi there
    Mighty kind of you.

Appreciate a run through of my 2 campaigns (They're short) :)

Cheers. Links in Sig
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • Options
    vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sockitome... FQIS
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • Options
    kankan Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2013
    Try my foundry quest please :D

NW-DOV9PBWPQ
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    anrix2 wrote: »
    Is the second part soloable? And if so can I play it without having played the first part or would I be lost? I am kind of unable to play the first part because I play alone.

The first part is soloable, many encounters are avoidable. - There is one, certain hard battle in the goblin caverns. But this I let the player figure out on his/her own. I've soloed Part 1 with every class, It has worked fine. But the GWF having most difficulty pre-patch atleast.

But I placed Part 2 in Part 2 for story reasons. You need characters you know, and perhaps recognize/relate to when you enter a dream or nightmare. It was the only way I could make it.. Workable. And I've could probobly have made part 2 alot longer but, I did not want to pad it out with areas and generic dialogue.

-- To Dzogen

I'll check into those two once I'm done with the others, the list is growing lol

- List updated accordingly.
    I like turtles.

• Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you should play teen witches from hell..that one is pretty funny ... as is yes, a kobold master
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Starting to run out of leveling material, any further takers? Perhaps your quest will be that "five" i've searched for :3
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    Starting to run out of leveling material, any further takers? Perhaps your quest will be that "five" i've searched for :3

Reviewing done for now, thanks everyone for posting your creations here. I've had fun with every single one, and don't take my ratings harschly, It's just one opinion after all :)
    I like turtles.