test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else feeling Duelist Flurry nerfed all of a sudden?

batubabatuba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 89
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
So I've been doing my dungeons runs and not only is DF not working when there are 2 TR's in the party (one TR will get bleed ticks while the other doesn't) but I feel the damage has been about halfed. When I would crit each hit for 9-11k now its doing 6-9k then the bleed ticks that would reach up to 9-24k ticks, are doing around 3-11k.

Anyone else seeing this? or am I just losing it...

*strokes his invisible beard*
Post edited by batuba on

Comments

• Options
    kukagenkykukagenky Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not just you.same here
    neverwinter: PEINEXDEM(warlock)31*----PEINEX(trickster rouge)70
    ethersaga: PEINEXDEM(yaoh conjurer)75*
    http://www.youtube.com/c/ridingwithwolftvv
    I used to be an adventure like you until I took a dagger to the chest
  • Options
    divinehopedivinehope Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Well its been known that Cryptic likes to put in ninja nerfs without mentioning anything so I wouldn't be surprised.
  • Options
    oxnanoxnan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea this is extremely annoying, I like playing rogue but always play with my friend who is also a rogue, so we have to deal with not being able to maximize dps individually. Instead one of us have to use sly instead which is gimping. The sad part is I would respec to a non-duelists flurry spec (sly) but even then it would be inferior to executioner. They need to buff the other specs to be more on par, most classes have that problem too.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    just tested on a dummy, stack only goes up to 10... used to be 20
  • Options
    batubabatuba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    oxnan wrote: »
    just tested on a dummy, stack only goes up to 10... used to be 20

Only goes to 20 if there is another rogue stacking it as well. If your solo its always been to 10 as far as I know
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    batuba wrote: »
    Only goes to 20 if there is another rogue stacking it as well. If your solo its always been to 10 as far as I know

Just tested, you are correct, stacks to 20 with another rogue, however the dmg is unchanged from the other rogue stacking after you. so 10 to 20 stacks changes nothing.

The other rogue still doesnt get bleed ticks
  • Options
    vidulasaixvidulasaix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also noticing a severe decrease in damage with this skill. Not only that, but it used to be that two uses would maximize my stacks while sometimes it takes 3-5 uses just to get 10 stacks.
  • Options
    vitrioliconevitriolicone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vidulasaix wrote: »
    Also noticing a severe decrease in damage with this skill. Not only that, but it used to be that two uses would maximize my stacks while sometimes it takes 3-5 uses just to get 10 stacks.

are you noticing this on a static target as well?

I have not noticed it not stacking 5x per use. There is always the possibility to miss some of the hits though if the target is moving. I have run through a number of dungeons and other content today was stacking 5 per use consistently except where the target obviously moved and I didn't keep up with it.

The dmg nerf I'm not sure on. It seems on par at times but the crits do seem a bit lower than previously. This definitely needs to be looked into more though. It is the primary source of our damage in the only truly workable PvE build we have. If they have gutted this it will severely effect our overall output.

Still not sure about a damage nerf though as my Damage totals for the dungeons were on par with previous days. If they had halved the damage of this ability it would surely show a drastic decrease in total damage for the dungeon which I have not seen.
  • Options
    vidulasaixvidulasaix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, this is often on purely static targets.

Even better, the stacks seem to disappear almost instantly if I start using any other skill other than DF.
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anecdotal evidence here need a larger sample. My guess is they either fixed crit severity or fixed it ignoring AC.
  • Options
    xamaranthinexamaranthine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, this totally sucks, but does it suck enough to get Gloaming Cut ? no, I guess they just want Rogues to be dodging around and being sneaky.
  • Options
    jreaper85jreaper85 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    I made a thread on it as well. Huge nerf IMO. We're no longer the top single target dps. We've lost our role in pve.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?348092-Bleed-effects-tick-damage-post-patch-on-6-13-13-Huge-nerf
  • Options
    morkelb78morkelb78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It wasn't a ninja nerf, the crit severity buff wentup to 75% before the patch it no longer does. Next the bleed was severely nerfed as well. Many rogues were using this skill to do most of our damage, however it currently is no longer going to work in that fashion.
  • Options
    adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well let's bring more anectodal evidence: been a few days since the patch and i'm noticing a -lot- more often that i can't apply 10 stack whitin 2 flurry. i even had a case where a full flurry applied 1 or even 0 stacks. 0 stacks.... it might happen once i guess, that's how random chanches work but.... i'm really getting a lot of 1-2 stacks.

i have a feeling the chanche to apply a bleed stack has been lowered or i'm just having a streak of bad luck and getting paranoid.
  • Options
    fouinardofouinardo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You are not getting paranoid, our only useful PVE at will skill got nerfed to the ground due to massive QQ. Not only we have near to zero survavibility, but we can't even get near AoE classes DPS now.

I guess they are making rogues what they are meant to be in D&D, only useful to disarm traps and open chests (which are useless themselves in this game). I wonder if they are going to do the same with other classes. For instance : In D&D a mage can't tank at all and would get 1-2 shot by most likely anything.

1v1 DPS classes have always been and will always be a source of massive whinning, now that they got us nerfed to the ground, whinners will just pick another target, the GWF for instance, which clearly became OP with the last patch. ^^
  • Options
    xamaranthinexamaranthine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah i can't do some of the foundries anymore cause i'm constantly getting killed or having to pot ever CD, i detect silent nerfs as always
  • Options
    zephyrlizephyrli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it wasnt a silent nerf. duelist still stacks like before i havnt noticed any different in it getting applied any less per flurry. The problem was DF was actually bugged before patch where crit severity got raised exponentially giving is ridiculous damage boosts that we rightfully shouldnt have had. they now reflect what the tooltip on skills in Feat tree says and it works that way from what ive noticed. Bleeds also tick more slowly which is normal now.

Go relearn your class cause you werent playing it properly the first time around it seems. learn to use stealth more effectively to get your crit severity up and stack stealth with lurkers assault for some serious damage (I can still get some 40k+crits with this combo using lashing blade, down for 70k +. Not a huge drop considering all the nerfs) .

Most annoying thing is they nerfed us to hell and STILL havnt fixed VORPAL!!! this is really starting to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off, so much AD wasted on it.
  • Options
    eckloadaneckloadan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah pues que bien
  • Options
    r0y0r0y0 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah i can't do some of the foundries anymore cause i'm constantly getting killed or having to pot ever CD, i detect silent nerfs as always
    There is another thread about the damage-taken / survivability nerf post-patch.

PVE TR's got a double-whammy, it seems. I'm burning through potions and injury kits faster than you can say "Shut up and take my money!"

-r0y
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]