test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Possibly Stupid Question - Losing the Path

elffanelffan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Recently I've been having some internet connection issues. I'll lose my connection for 15-30 seconds, but it's enough to auto-log me out of Neverwinter. IF I've been doing a Foundry quest when that happens, I usually zone back in at Protector's Enclave and not on the map I was just on. I've had this problem about half a dozen times over the last 2 days, and I think only once did I zone back in at the most recent spawn point on the Foundry map.

The problem is that once you get past the "travel to location" objective, you no longer have the option of travelling to that location from the gates in Protector's Enclave. So, if your next objective is "go do thing #12 from that really long Foundry quest you were almost done with", there doesn't appear to be any way to get back on the map so you can resume the story and do the next objective.

The only solution I've found is to abandon the quest and then re-take it and start over from scratch.

I think there REALLY needs to be a way to get back onto a Foundry map that was "in progress" as it were. Until there is, I guess I have to quit doing Foundry quests, or limit myself to very short ones and/or ones in already existing map locations (and pray they don't leave such locations later in the story), which stinks. But I'm getting sick of constantly re-doing quests from the beginning.

I mean, even if I had a rock-solid Internet connection, if there were some minor household emergency and I got auto-logged due to a timeout and then faced this same situation of, say, starting over "part 3" of the campaign I was playing through even though I was 30+ minutes into part 3...I would not be pleased.

Is there a workaround I am totally missing? If so, it needs to be easier to find.
If there isn't a workaround, there needs to be some way to get back onto those maps.

I also need to go shout at my ISP, but that's another issue.

Thank you.
Member of Tangent Artists - check out our free full-color web comic, CRIT!, for some fantasy fun! Updates weekly at www.tangentartists.com.
Post edited by elffan on

Comments

• crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I too was wondering what happened to the feature that allowed us to continue on with a map. We had it for a short while but now doesn't seem possible.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought setting map locations on the overland map was supposed to let people get back to it from PE if they got disconnected, but it doesn't seem to work all the time.

I don't know if it simply doesn't work all the time, or if you can publish without setting it and people haven't been setting it.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maybe I am missing the point/question here, but I believe what you are asking for exists.

If you start your foundry delve from the story section, wherever you start at assumes all areas above it have been completed and adjusts your way points, etc to show this.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe I am missing the point/question here, but I believe what you are asking for exists.

If you start your foundry delve from the story section, wherever you start at assumes all areas above it have been completed and adjusts your way points, etc to show this.

He means playing someone foundry quest :)
  • elffanelffan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, this is a problem when playing Foundry quests, though if there is a way to set things up when creating a Foundry quest that can bypass this issue, I'd like to know about it. I do plan to do my own Foundry quests at some point. :)

Thanks guys, hopefully it's just bugged and will get fixed.
    Member of Tangent Artists - check out our free full-color web comic, CRIT!, for some fantasy fun! Updates weekly at www.tangentartists.com.