test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My thoughts about the changes...

mordikaiinmordikaiin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
The Trickster Rogue Argument
Lets start with the Trickster Rogue. Ok so you nerfed us, because every CW and GWF was whining about TR's out damaging them. Well TR is a striker class, the only striker class available right now. We should be out damaging everyone else by a lot. Take our nerf away put it back to the way it was, by nerfing the TR you opened up the door for other classes THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE focusing on something else to focus on damage. A CW should be doing what their name says controlling the mobs, a GWF should be doing what their hybrid type class does OFF Tank and crowd control. Now you made it a dps race to see who can beat the rogue in dps for bragging rights. A VERY BAD MOVE!

The Great Weapon Fighter Arguement
I think the changes to the GWF were justified, giving them some respectable damage but not enough to out dps a good rogue was smart. Too many times i seen GWF's kicked from grps because the elitists just wanted more dps. Games aren't suppose to be easy!!!! GOOD JOB ON GWF'S!

The Control Wizard Argument
This ones simple don't change nothing. Aren't the called control wizards because they are suppose to control stuff. Did you name them Damage Wizard? Stop your whining kids and play your role. Oh and don't forget knockback isn't your only control ability ****. Instead of hiding what ranged class is coming let them know that the caster damage class (Warlock/Necromancer) is coming soon. Then you won't have so much whining!!! Oh yeah real D&D people know it's coming it's no big secret!!!

Guardian Fighter Argument
Another good move increasing their threat abilities. It sucks as a rogue and I get top damage and top damage taken. Rogues are strikers not defenders, so yeah GF's are at a decent spot now. All the GF's need to do now is realize their a tank they are suppose to take most damage not do most damage. I have seen builds on GF's where they are out damaging rogues in t2 dungeons like CoK. REALLY!

Cleric Argument
Wow you really did everything wrong with the poor clerics. not only did you make their main healing ability non stackable (which I think was the only good choice), you also made it do less healing and increased the timer. Making most boss fights undoable. All you need to do here is give everything back to the clerics, make it how it was, but make the shields unstackable. Their agro was not broken, players not knowing how to play were broken or should i say CONTROL WIZARDS worrying about trying to out damage a rogue, instead of controlling the adds were the problem. It isnt hard to pull a mob off of a Cleric, no matter what class your are, but the agro spread among mobs, still aint a super bad idea. keep that too if you must.

Other Arguments
Somethings I have seen in this game that I'd like to see changed are the bosses of all the dungeons. Ok you lowered the health of the dragons, that's cool. The major problem is the major attack timer and amount of adds that spawn in every fight. There are waaaaay too many adds spawning waaaaaaay to fast for them to be properly controlled. Also why is it when someone dies, someone tries to res u but they cant because the boss is doing the same big move that just killed u in 1 hit 5 seconds ago. Special moves are called special moves why? because they aren't done as often as the other moves, duuuurrr! I dont mind the health of the mob, nor the 1 hit kills, i do mind the amount of time between the attacks. Fix this and u will see less whining, u got to remember half of your player base is the same 11 and 12 yr olds that whined about World of Warcraft and ruined that game too!

Bottom line for all players, If you never played D&D before... Go read about it and learn that in D&D you have to know your role in a party and play it. D&D is about role playing, while your trying to be something your class was not designed for, your ruining the game and the name D&D!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    piterdevriesdunepiterdevriesdune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thumbs up! I think Cryptic got a little overzealous.
    It will take a little time, but maybe they'll fix it, perhaps in a different way.
    I've heard sometimes they let classes just stay useless forever though.
  • Options
    ciiffciiff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Repel is the greatest ability any class could have, lucky for CW. I do heinous dps in domination but with Repel I'm gettin the points, Charles.

I'm only up to lvl 22 noaw. Games got potential and this beta is solid, haven't crashed once or noticed any glitches.

Game looks great, graphics are acceptable but not remarkable. Cryptic is just awesome. The only thing I want changed is the sh*tty bitmap sky in Neverwinter. I look up and see a bitmap, I never want to do that again. BITMAAAAAAAAAP!