test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ardent coin

zgrttzgrtt Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I think you should get an ardent coin every time you invocate. It doesn't seem right that it will take a year to get angel of protection.
Post edited by zgrtt on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a bonus for sticking with the game for a year.
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zgrtt wrote: »
    I think you should get an ardent coin every time you invocate. It doesn't seem right that it will take a year to get angel of protection.

How old are you?
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    but isn't there something you have to invoke every day just to keep them too? That seems a bit harsh.
  • banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sorry OP, but I have to go with the others on this one, look they want you to "earn: that.. meaning stick around and play the game. if they simply gave it to all of us, heck who'd want to play this in 6 months from now.?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Muahahahaha.
    Sorry.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    maybe at some oint in holy week around march next year or araund Christmas there iwll be an event of suplicating coins or something like that but that is the incentive to at least log in and do that once at day you need to have the game installed in all your devices that are able to run it lol, hahha other solution could be for us to be able to do that in the gateway, we can lose the Exp but that is good since in the end game that exp is only usefull for you companion leveling if you have a new one :P but i think this will continue to be the norm
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    but isn't there something you have to invoke every day just to keep them too? That seems a bit harsh.

Celestial Coins, and they max at 7.
    Ardents are permanent, but the "best" things cost quite a few and so take longer to get.
  • theblazedtheblazed Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *facedesk*
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You get two coins each day, Celestial and Ardent. The Celestial coins disappear if you don't Invoke every day. The Celestial coins cap at 7. There's nothing you can buy that's more than 7 Celestial coins.

Ardent coins do not disappear, regardless of how long you spend between invoking, whether it's two days or six months. These are the ones you get that angel from.
  • zgrttzgrtt Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm 24 and I understand why they do it and it makes perfect sense from their point of view. But I know a whole lot of people that just just get burned out by then or possibly they might release a companion that is better than angel so you have been saving for almost a year and what's the point.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How old are you?

The op could ask you the same thing. Many posts I see, that you've responded to, have been insulting, and not helpful in the least.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
    edited June 2013
    I probably should have explained it all in first post lol
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The op could ask you the same thing. Many posts I see, that you've responded to, have been insulting, and not helpful in the least.

That's great, feel free to report me and/or block me.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yea so I learned a little more, ardent coins are per day and keepers, celestials are per day (and max 7?), and invoke once evry 24 hours to keep them.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well you see, back in the days we used to stick with a game for YEARS.
    .-.

& 1 year is nothing.

OP has not given any valid reasons or arguments as to why the rate ardent coins are doled out should be increased.
    Me posit the argument that having it only acquired after at least an year gives it more prestige for "long time players.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
    edited June 2013
    So If you think about it the most amount of ardent coins you would be able to get in a day is 24. This method will actually make people play much more. The way they are doing celestial coins is fine though. That should stay the same.
    edited June 2013
    Lol I agree I played cs for 7 years but still some changesivjt be nice
    edited June 2013
    So If you think about it the most amount of ardent coins you would be able to get in a day is 24. This method will actually make people play much more. The way they are doing celestial coins is fine though. That should stay the same.

Or you know, the more likely result.
    Bot more & gain 365 in about 15 days thus wrecking the value of the ardent coin items.
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The two coins are just this game's implementation of the "daily login bonus" and the "veteran bonus", both of which are present in other games. Changing them to be "easier" would defeat the purpose they have.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll just point out that you get coins every 20hours so if you invoked at the right time each day, you would "only" need to stick with it for 305 days.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Right now Ardent coins arent worth jack to lower levels since the elixers you can buy with them are now minimum level 50.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Ever heard of veteran rewards? Well, this is how they deal with them here.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Back in the day, we had to invoke every day for 417 weeks in order to get enough coins. Then, if we turned them in on the top of the highest snowbank on the hottest day of the summer, we had a chance of getting the angel of protection. Usually, we got a visit from the collector of protection money.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
    edited June 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    Back in the day, we had to invoke every day for 417 weeks in order to get enough coins. Then, if we turned them in on the top of the highest snowbank on the hottest day of the summer, we had a chance of getting the angel of protection. Usually, we got a visit from the collector of protection money.

Don't forget, you had to climb the highest snowbank uphills bothways.