test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aggro

aylii1984aylii1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
What's your thoughts on post patch aggro situation? I've been quite impressed. Did a dungeon without Sooth and barely got aggro the entire time and was AEing and healing recklessly.

Pretty excited about that!
Post edited by aylii1984 on

Comments

• Options
    rangorvixrangorvix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea, aggro seems to split fairly, tank can aggro easy, the CW seem to get a lot of aggro from what ive seen and me, well, I stand about, occasionally dodging red stuff (which pugs seem incapable of doing) and wondering how I could start having fun again as a Cleric. I understand if tanking/kiting adds and being an off-tank is not peeps bag/not what they signed up for as a cleric, but once I got the hang of it I found it very exciting and engaging. I miss my aggro...and yea, Sooth is useless, I never run with it in the hope of old days of aggro, but nothing. I don't see the point of Sooth so far (or the threat reduce feats).
  • Options
    aylii1984aylii1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep agree Sooth is for the most part useless but I use to have it on for the slight help on the aggro hate meter. Now everything seems pretty good! Enjoy not getting chase by every baddie in the dungeon now
  • Options
    xouk87xouk87 Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    Aggro seems to work pretty fine now. Now i will go offtopicish , cos i have something to say adn cant make my own topic ( sorriez).

So according to the developer Grant Allen, cleric class is not suppose to be a healbot but a *** kicking ( but not too much) class with a healing ability(http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/249375). As for it is now after the patch and " balancing" AS and clerics skill he became a healbot. Because you have to fill the gap when AS is down with heals, and even decent player can be cought withing red circle mega imba damage from time to time ( eg. while casting smth that prevents them to run), so you have to have all the heals you can as your powers. Fact that aggro works better now finally makes self heals so crappy a lesser problem , because less mobs are on you most of the time ( its still illogical if you will think of time spent for cleric to farm 1g than other classs but whatever). At this point there is NO SINGLE DUNGEON that can be done without a cleric. So he is needed and he is needed as a healer. Which actually is not as D&Dish as intended i guess. It's hard to put the D&D system into MMO, i know it really it, at least in a way that would be fun. And at this point having played 4 out 5 classes( only DC is 60 rest is 30ish) things for cleric are not really good. The worst part is , people wont go on Random dungeon, because clerics are EXTREMLY hard to play and in 1 hour you wont find a cleric to save your life. Simple as that. No cleric, no random dungeons , people abandom the game mostly( i know, guilds and such, but a lot of people would like to know the game before getting into a guild play dungeons skirmishes and such, and they cant , because there are no DC's to heal em). I Belive things could stay like this , we could just rename cleric( so it wouldn't have to be D&Dish anymore ) to another new name and problem with making it D&D alike would be solved. My idea for a new name " Masochistc Healbott-R" Nice huh? :)

ps. Sorriez again for braking all teh ( intended) and offtopicing (? is that a word? english is not my first) so much.
  • Options
    shandareneeshandarenee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I LOVE IT! I can actually play my role as intended instead of off-tanking.
  • Options
    pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, ran a couple dungeons (not Epics, so take it for what it's worth) and it was pretty nice to not have to use 30 potions in the boss fights. What a pleasure to see adds NOT automatically charge me the instant they appeared even though I hadn't cast a spell yet :p

I tried slotting Soothe for the boss fights and it "seemed" like it might have been doing something, but honestly don't know. Otherwise, I didn't use it anywhere else and had no problems with adds for any mini-bosses or mobs in general.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fairly thankful that I don't have to spend 50% of my passives, on threat reduction. But the option to run sooth is there if your guardian is awful or a beginner.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~