test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I didn't sign up for Tomb Raider!!

bizwikbizwik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Look, I hope the next patch fixes the dungeon map exploits. I just prefer to run them normally.

I know there has to be others who feel this way..
Post edited by bizwik on

Comments

• muckbanemuckbane Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bizwik wrote: »
    Look, I hope the next patch fixes the dungeon map exploits. I just prefer to run them normally.

/signed ... (just some random text because message is too short)
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I made few dungeons last night and you cant have shortcuts anymore :) u need to go straight to the mobs and no more trowing down the adds off the bridges.
    You tried yet? Fixed for me <3
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't like the short-cuts either .. where's the skill in bypassing everything? Yeah they fixed a good few short-cuts, but there are still lots in there - for me it kinda ruins the dungeon experience.
  • wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bizwik wrote: »

LOL Tomb Raider..... if only it was that much fun.... Of all the games I've played I've never played a game with such exploitable dungeons.. in most games these things are fixed pretty fast. And considering there's virtually nothing to do at lv60 it's a game breaker too.
  • okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    jigles wrote: »
    I made few dungeons last night and you cant have shortcuts anymore :) u need to go straight to the mobs and no more trowing down the adds off the bridges.
    You tried yet? Fixed for me <3

Pity that Castle Never, most end-game dungeon in NWO, is still exactly as much broken as it was before the patch... Wall jumping, /kill me typing nearly all the way.

This means another weeks for me without NWO, until they fix it so I could finally play in normal groups...but hey, new content is coming, probably will be as much broken as the current one. Maybe it's time to find another game...
    edited June 2013
    mackeh wrote: »
    I don't like the short-cuts either .. where's the skill in bypassing everything? Yeah they fixed a good few short-cuts, but there are still lots in there - for me it kinda ruins the dungeon experience.

The thing is... people that bypassed dungeons before patch and greed on good items, have now in their bags tons of epic rare items to sell on AH, since now dungeons are now lot more hard, and makes gear more rare most probably prices will go up a lot.
    Guess that means i cant aford good gear now and ill be on pvp one forever :)
    edited June 2013
    Pity that Castle Never, most end-game dungeon in NWO, is still exactly as much broken as it was before the patch... Wall jumping, /kill me typing nearly all the way.

This means another weeks for me without NWO, until they fix it so I could finally play in normal groups...but hey, new content is coming, probably will be as much broken as the current one. Maybe it's time to find another game...

Thats pretty sad... well people say in town "LFG experienced bla bla bla on CN and so on".. they should write "LFG experienced people in being ninjas and wall climbers" -.-
    Thats the main reason i dont do DGN's a lot.. i consider myself a good player in both pve and pvp but i guess im not good enough for this game if i cant jump high and kill myself when needed :/
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mackeh wrote: »

I find bypassing stuff fine, to an extent. None of the glitching/bugging/exploits, but generally using your brain to avoid annoying fights.

I'm talking out stuff like near the start of Spell Plague where you lure and kill off the Hulk on the right and sneak past the one on the left. Why am I okay with this? Because it's a pain in the rear to fights Hulks already, since they have "True CC", without having to fight two of them and in a possibly dangerous place.

Most of the stuff that people want to bypass normally isn't just to make the run faster, but because it's either a boring mob swarm or annoying mob combinations. They need to rethink a lot of their mob positioning to make the experience more fun. I'd also like it if they gave you more options for paths to take(ex: high road has fewer mobs, but includes some big monsters, while low road is swarmed with squishy mobs).
  • sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    i like Tomb Raider though =p
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I find bypassing stuff fine, to an extent. None of the glitching/bugging/exploits, but generally using your brain to avoid annoying fights.

I'm talking out stuff like near the start of Spell Plague where you lure and kill off the Hulk on the right and sneak past the one on the left. Why am I okay with this? Because it's a pain in the rear to fights Hulks already, since they have "True CC", without having to fight two of them and in a possibly dangerous place.

Most of the stuff that people want to bypass normally isn't just to make the run faster, but because it's either a boring mob swarm or annoying mob combinations. They need to rethink a lot of their mob positioning to make the experience more fun. I'd also like it if they gave you more options for paths to take(ex: high road has fewer mobs, but includes some big monsters, while low road is swarmed with squishy mobs).

Agree, in tabletop, bypassing some encounters was often better than fighting them, and knowing when and how to do it as much of a skill as combat.
  • bizwikbizwik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agree, in tabletop, bypassing some encounters was often better than fighting them, and knowing when and how to do it as much of a skill as combat.

I agree to an extent, but running Spider was absolutely ridiculous..
  • arashiwatanabearashiwatanabe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    So much whining.
    What's the average age of the forum participant these days?
    Does nobody want content to actually be challenging? Or are everyone just loot*****s?
    Some of the complaints I see about the content here, is worse than the one's I've seen about wow.

Some want the content to be hard(very hard and challenging), and some just want new shinies they can brag to people with an equally low iq to. Don't want hard content and easy gear?
    Go play wow. That game is so broken after Burning Crusade and vanilla that 9year old's who wears helmets can play it at a top level.
    You want some challenges?
    Instead of using all the exploits you know about. Don't use them.
    All it takes is a bit of discipline and respect for the creators to do so.

For a free to play game, neverwinter looks and feels amazing.
    The atmosphere, the reactive combat, the riddles and lore and all of that.
    Very few games have a package that is so stable on all those ends, without completely ruining the game due to focusing on only one thing.
    So many will disagree with me, but I don't expect anything else from such substandard intelligence that get's shown here.
    I just wanted people to read the opinion of someone who values the time some designers put into a game.

"I find bypassing stuff fine, to an extent. None of the glitching/bugging/exploits, but generally using your brain to avoid annoying fights."

Telling people to use their brain to avoid annoying fights.
    Generally telling people to use their brain seem's to be asking to much. I haven't used a single bug or exploit on neverwinter, and guess what. I'm completely fine with spending time doing stuff in the game. It's what the content is for.
    And saying it's not, is just showing how iradically ignorant you truly are.
    (This is not aimed at anyone spesifically. Except for the people who use exploits. You're bad, and you should feel bad. I don't care how good you think you are. When push comes to shove, you're a weak human being who lacks discipline, strength and the willpower to respect the designers of the game. And in all honesty, you're just a waste of time.)

/rant over
  • kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    Those dungeons are so utterly bad coded. one exploit fixed, 2 others explored.
    Ice dungeon 11 minutes, boss dead. Spider dungeon, even faster. join, port to endboss, let it kill itself, loot.

the only thing they are good at is adding stuff to the zen shop.