test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tried to do a t2 spellplague after the patch

kurahavikurahavi Member Posts: 87
edited June 2013 in The Temple
I tried to do spellplague after the patch, and my thoughts on playing dc was... the class is absolutely boring now. There is almost no chance of dying anymore, all you do is stand still and cast AS. After the AS goes down, you cast forgemaster's flame, honestly I don't understand anyone who said this is supposed to be more fun than actually having to kite and use skills on playing. On final boss of spellplague, what did I do, well I was 99% of the time auto attacking the boss, cos I need sunburst to get divine power, and since I wasn't able to get ANY aggro, I could pretty much stand still the first 5 phases. On 5th phase, since our rogue left after first wipe, I was kiting like normally, but as expected everyone else died despite I kept throwing AS on THEM instead of me. I also FF the boss, but meh in the end I was last one standing, and I was kiting the boss for several minutes and trying to kill it off with brand of the sun until lag got me.

So personally, I was actually enjoying playing the cleric, but now it just feels pretty boring. It feels like it requires 0 talent to play this class nowadays, not saying it was that hard before but sadly it has become a brainless zombie class now.
Post edited by kurahavi on

Comments

• Options
    mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LETS DELETE AS ITS TOO OP!!!
    no but get a weaker GF believe me, I did Karundax and the GF barely took the aggro, i had like all the ranges on me >.<
  • Options
    kurahavikurahavi Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2013
    In general before the patch in Karrundax I always insisted all the 4 other ppl go attack the final boss while I am tanking every add. I doubt I can do that anymore. Also having all the ranges attack you, I think that is the normal case what it used to be before the patch so I don't really see any difference in there.
  • Options
    elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kurahavi wrote: »
    On final boss of spellplague, what did I do, well I was 99% of the time auto attacking the boss, cos I need sunburst to get divine power, and since I wasn't able to get ANY aggro, I could pretty much stand still the first 5 phases. On 5th phase, since our rogue left after first wipe, I was kiting like normally, but as expected everyone else died despite I kept throwing AS on THEM instead of me. I also FF the boss, but meh in the end I was last one standing, and I was kiting the boss for several minutes and trying to kill it off with brand of the sun until lag got me.

I'm guessing you died from auto-attack.....are you serious....easy way to grab aggro...astral seal/bots all of the adds. If you bots it, it will come....auto attack....are you trolling? If you don't have aggro from the adds in there...you're doing it wrong sorry, at least until the cw can hit them a bit...4 manned him last night..had plenty of aggro...was fun and still required ample movement. You don't need SB for DP. You need SB for AP. You get you DP from using BoTS on EVERYTHING...