test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seen a TON of PVP Spawn Platform exploiters the last couple of days.

astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Two things - fix the being able to leave a match. People come in see they are not on a winning team and leave. <Bad Word> there. Second, this causes the need for the 2 or 3 to hang out on the platform so they are not constant <Bad Word>. This leads to the unscrupulous louts that disobey the rules and exploit the terrain to spawn camp.

Come on really, it should be an easy thing to make that campfire section a zone check if you are red team in opposing spawnpoint = insta death and ban. Simple coding, been in other games so get with it please!
Post edited by astariadodf on

Comments

• Options
    newbronewbro Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also found this extremely irritating, specially pre made groups (Clans) like PROMETO going PvP, and camping the spawn area, yes they play hard, yes they got fantastic gear and yes they worked hard to get there, but is it really that hard to have some common dignity from some people?

<Image Removed. Please don't post images with names of people or guilds that you discuss negatively>

Why can you be killed in your spawn area?

Please see if there is something that can be done about this.
  • Options
    iwrestlebearziwrestlebearz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can get into spawns without exploiting, just saying. Using an ability that teleports me behind my target really isn't exploiting.

And really if your team is getting spawn camped 3 points to 0, you already lost anyway.
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not exploiting. In both pvp maps, in both spawn points, a person can EASILY get to.

Should players do that? No, they shouldn't, but it's not an exploit at all.

Sadly it's a very poor geometry design which I hope will be fixed eventually to avoid players from being spawned camped.
  • Options
    dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Yes people should be able to do so. It's only possible if you suck horribly or go AFK, in both cases you deserve it.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I agree it shouldn't occur. The spawn area should be a safe zone.

On the hand the only time you'll get spawn camped is if you're team loses.
    But in all honesty I'd rather lose in peace and sit in the base at that point than deal with the spawn camping. Instant death for entering and rebounded damage for attacking into makes sense to me but honestly it's not likely to be a top issue developers will address even if they agree with us because there are quite a few more detrimental issues to tackle with PvP first.

For instance (and by no means saying it's being addressed because I haven't gotten confirmation):
    Pre-Mades being matched against Pugs and GS included in match-making

If the games were fair to begin with spawn camping would happen less right off the start. :)
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I agree

Nothing worse that either being or seeing spawn camping.

About 90% of the time you can stop it by appealing to peoples better judgement.

A premade guild running against pugs and spawn camping just lacks class. Its not the other teams fault they got a bot and and afker and maybe a rage quitter and you have to poor souls getting ganked over and over.

For those who do it have a good look at yourselves and wake the f.... Up
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can get into spawns without exploiting, just saying. Using an ability that teleports me behind my target really isn't exploiting.

And really if your team is getting spawn camped 3 points to 0, you already lost anyway.

You are the prime example of the immature ****** that rolls rogue. You know in the games that i win and see spawn camping almost every time its a rogue.

Something not right up there i think
  • Options
    xouk87xouk87 Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    If you have 3v5 to begin with , its not your fault, game still crashes sometimes when people transit to Bg, or they cant enter and there is no replacements found. I would comment on that attitude of yours towards camping, but i dont want to make a negative post.