test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wow the new patch made the DC unplayable.

herbie1347herbie1347 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just did the daily PvP quest at 60. 4 matches only made 719 glory (lost all) We die in 3 seconds, if we are lucky. Getting hit for 16k damage, with 3-4k hits common and only 21k life. Plus we have, you know great heals. <Joke heals! Pretty sure we cant solo anything as far as PvP is concerned. Time to reroll. Can't believe i wasted $50 on my cleric.
Post edited by herbie1347 on

Comments

• Options
    theblazedtheblazed Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I stopped PvPing on my Cleric a loooooong time ago. Healing in pvp is a thankless job. I'm pve only on my cleric
  • Options
    rinethrineth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    herbie1347 wrote: »
    Time to reroll. Can't believe i wasted $50 on my cleric.

I can't believe you thought rolling a Cleric as a PVP oriented player was going to be a rewarding experience...
  • Options
    ubiqanonubiqanon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    herbie1347 wrote: »
    I just did the daily PvP quest at 60. 4 matches only made 719 glory (lost all) We die in 3 seconds, if we are lucky. Getting hit for 16k damage, with 3-4k hits common and only 21k life. Plus we have, you know great heals. <Joke heals! Pretty sure we cant solo anything as far as PvP is concerned. Time to reroll. Can't believe i wasted $50 on my cleric.

Um, buy a new slot - what are they like 10$, rather than burn 50$. Just sayin.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    PvP in this game is a joke. From 10-59 it's bots and AFKers, at level 60 it's exploiters stacking Tene's on every offense slot and leavers abandoning at the first sign of a loss.

Cryptic really needs to get their **** together on the PvP.
  • Options
    insomeatinsomeat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PvP as a cleric was so painful today it made me wonder if it's worth even going through it for the daily Astral Diamonds. Every match you better hope there isn't another Cleric joining your team cause then it's almost a certain loss (unless the enemy has 2+ Clerics too). There isn't one class we can beat or even last long enough against until help arrives ... this was probably the weakest and most pathetic I have felt playing any MMO to date ... where the hell is the balance?!!!?!?
  • Options
    creezyjeezycreezyjeezy Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    I am lucky if I last as long as my AS... half the time I get KB/KD/stunlocked out of the circle and die... DC is pretty hurtin' right now.
  • Options
    iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Cleric's simple need a way to protect themselves, (period)

If they had a means of protecting themselves PvP would be a whole lot richer, fun, and exciting. It's not even hard to think of any of these things, the hard part is getting the math right.

For example, after the cleric cast Sunburst it (only the cleric) gets a 3 sec bubble.

As it is, PVP for cleric's is not fun. Unless, you're a lower level cleric running with higher tier enchantments ;). Well, at 60 you'll need even...higher tier enchantments...

...Wait, so cleric's are actually fine the way they are. You, just need even higher tier enchantments and hope the other guy doesn't have them.
  • Options
    kargisterkargister Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pvp'rs crying like, whats the word I'm looking for here? Yeah. Carebears. Oh the irony. Plenty of game balance pve side so I can't really believe its as bad as some of you are making out to be, sounds like major over exaggeration. Give it awhile, learn to adapt to your new roles. It'll be fine.
  • Options
    creezyjeezycreezyjeezy Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    kargister wrote: »
    Pvp'rs crying like, whats the word I'm looking for here? Yeah. Carebears. Oh the irony. Plenty of game balance pve side so I can't really believe its as bad as some of you are making out to be, sounds like major over exaggeration. Give it awhile, learn to adapt to your new roles. It'll be fine.

Can't heal for ****? Check.
    Can't tank for ****? Check.
    Can't DPS for ****? Check.
    Still pull a tonne of agro? Check.

Do I want a game where everone is huggy dovey and happy? Not really... a class that has been pretty much gutted unless you're running 12k+ GS? Doesn't really help much.
  • Options
    alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Every remotely experienced PvPer will know to focus the Healer. It's the most basic strategy element. There should be no suprize that DC's are getting pounced on. That's how it's done. No Healer should be able to outlast sustained attention.

The Players will have to adapt to the changing landscape, and not go all knee-jerk "I want it like it used to be". Get your team-mates to pull some of that attention off of you. It's 5v5 for a reason.
  • Options
    elendonelendon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think DC should be an easy prey in pvp.

I don't know how it feels at higher level, since im not 60 yet, but at lower level, it takes more than 1 person to kill me and I like that, I don't deal enough damage to kill anything really but I still remain very important to my team as I can pretty much handle anyone 1v1 (or at least keep them occupied) and keep my team alive as well.

I don't see why this should change at higher level, I don't understand why DC should die in 3 sec at higher level.
  • Options
    qupiiidqupiiid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks alot for breaking the DC... now its really useless to ****ing play it.... PVP is even worse now than it was.... wont touch this game untill they fix it... untill then **** THIS!
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just finished playing with my dc, got a 4 secs AS downtime now, thankfully the adds were not attacking me as much so i didn't die (possible factors: 2k defense). My team never wiped also (Karrun). I guess it's not that bad. Gotta try my GF now in the next DD.
  • Options
    alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elendon wrote: »
    I don't think DC should be an easy prey in pvp.

I don't know how it feels at higher level, since im not 60 yet, but at lower level, it takes more than 1 person to kill me and I like that, I don't deal enough damage to kill anything really but I still remain very important to my team as I can pretty much handle anyone 1v1 (or at least keep them occupied) and keep my team alive as well.

I don't see why this should change at higher level, I don't understand why DC should die in 3 sec at higher level.

Most of that I didn't say. I said that sustained attention should take you down. Should 2 players on you, kill you? Or do you think it should be 3? Why should one class be able to stay alive and keep their team alive? With correct balance, any one player should be able to out skill one player, and defete that player. A single Class shouldn't have that much power. That doesn't seem fair? Balance?
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, fighting a cleric should be a case of "this has low risk to you, but could take ages": healer class, so gimpy damage, but healer class, so able to stay alive.

Before the patch it was "this has low risk to you, but could take ages if you don't bash them out of AS, in which case it'll take seconds", whereas now it's just "LOL FREE KILL WOO"