test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Public Service Announcement on Profession Packs

victuavictua Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just a recommendation that you do NOT purchase the 1600 zen profession asset pack.

A more judicious use would be for a 10 pack of keys, 5 dollars cheaper and you can sell the items you get from nightmare boxes for FAR more than the pack will give, then use the AD to buy what you want.

Wish someone would have told me that before I figured the first pack I bought (for 0 epic items and 3 of the more 'common' blue items) was just a bad roll, so bought another (IDIOT!) and received even less (Adventurer and Master Platesmith+junk)

That same 32 USD would have bought more than 25 keys which would have paid off much better as a nightmare is going for more than 600k AD atm.

Don't say no one warned you.
Post edited by victua on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's the risk you take when you play the lottery.

You could also just convert your zen to AD to buy what you need without gambling on anything like nightmare boxes and profession packs.
  • victuavictua Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Right, the issue at hand is it is not really advertised as a lottery so much as a 50/50 chance, which it is obviously not given not only my limited input but others who have described the same thing since.

If it was worded as 'you will receive: 1x Rare with a chance for an Epic' it would be much more accurate in English and would not tip into what some would consider to be false advertising.
  • ulyxosulyxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    Key chests have the same behaviour as the packs... You expect to get as many Nightmare as the other green items ? I tell you out of 10 keys you will not get any epic in average and you might not even get something blue ... The average coffer will give 2 enchantments rank 5 which are pretty much worth nothing ... You may get lucky but the way the market is going pretty much everything that comes from coffers is overly common and not worth alot. You are better buying epic assets on the AH instead of playing lottery again ... you seem to have a gambling problem...
  • victuavictua Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "...you seem to have a gambling problem"

lol, says the guy who spent 200 USD on a beta. +1 for good troll attempt

Anyhow, original post stands. People need to know, I didn't and just took the description at face value, which it is not. Mabe its a bad translation, mabe its intentionally misleading.

Either way, be warned and heed the advice of the above posters. Stick with AH and Zen>AD conversions for real results, the rest is what I would consider false advertising.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not false advertising. It says exactly what you can get. You assumed on the chances of getting higher quality items.
  • llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got a purple and plenty of blues & greens in a couple of packs - sold the 'wrong' ones & bought what I wanted. Adding up the AD value of the stuff I kept and factoring the 10% changeover of the unsuitable assets I still came out in front.
    I find nightmare lockboxes much closer to break even and getting worse all the time with the drop in value of enchants & runestones and nobody wanting gloomwrought stuff (I obviously haven't got a horse yet).
  • captbrack814captbrack814 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've been buying the 300z ones, keeping what I want and selling what I don't, and use that to buy more. I got lucky with the first one by finding a dragon egg. Sold that, converted the AD to zen and bought three more. Those three usually have enough unwantables to just keep the cycle going. I've probably opened about 20 packs by now just doing that infinite chain of buy/sell/buy, always at a net gain since I normally get what I want/need and just sell what I don't want.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Go into battle expecting to die. Then, fight like you want to live." - Huren Hewnoak
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    It's not false advertising. It says exactly what you can get. You assumed on the chances of getting higher quality items.

It is not false advertising in the way a bad carnie game is not false advertising. Really splitting hairs. I for one DO consider it a horrible description that IMPLIES one thing and DELIVERS another. Call it what you will.

Either way, seriously folks, don't spend zen on it.