test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Instead of butchering core rogue skills...

asg4rdlordasg4rdlord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
...they could try a more moderate nerf, and instead focus on the way the armor class/defense/deflection/damage resistance system works.

For instance as is, we cut through plate wearers relatively easily. Put more def on their items, or change the way certain stats benefit certain classes.

I don't think that an overall mitigation of our damage is the key. We SHOULD be able to hack wizards if we get close to them, since they have range and high mobility on their side, as opposed to heavy armor.

Make those aspects count more methinks. Just my 2 cents.

What do you guys think?
Post edited by asg4rdlord on

Comments

• kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    Why nerf at all? GOOD CWs do MORE DAMAGE than good TR's right now. reffering to castle never runs.
  • asg4rdlordasg4rdlord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kashimaa1 wrote: »
    Why nerf at all? GOOD CWs do MORE DAMAGE than good TR's right now. reffering to castle never runs.
    Even more of a reason to review the proposed nerfs then. Changes such as armor class buffing and such wouldn't tip the balance since they would affect classes across the board (unless of course ac doesn't count towards magic resistance).
  • creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013

castle never is full of adds and trash mobs, of course a cw would out-dps a rogue there...only 4 bosses too
    edited June 2013
    castle never is full of adds and trash mobs, of course a cw would out-dps a rogue there...only 4 bosses too

Of course? dps ranking yesterday:

me (TR) something around 19 million
    Cleric (lol)
    CW
    CW
    Cleric

yes, it was an average group, not excelent, not very bad. but this is how it looks in most of the groups. TR did the most damage but this is missleading.

For me Cryptic just caters to the bad gamers and whiners. i did pvp and died fairly fast but was able to kill as fast with the right timing and powers up. it felt more balanced than rift pvp f.e.
    same for pve. this game is not that unbalanced as cryptic thinks it is, regarding their ridicolous patchnotes.

i am pretty sure i will quit this game after 20th june after some testing first, of course.
  • f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited June 2013

I don't even.... how?
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Screw that, good DCs do MOAR DAMAGE:
    mbirs5.jpg
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dude that's Pirate....any TR with a brain would not attack in there unless he wants to go off the cliff from the CW's push
  • eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    damage always depends on group and how they engage encounters - but good cw will out aoe everyone :)
    edited June 2013
    Lol @ dat screen. 3 mio. is something you get in Cn in some minutes. doesnt proof anything.
  • agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    I tried to Duelist Flurry on pirate once. I went flying.
  • snakebyte6x6x6snakebyte6x6x6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am a strong believer in not nerfing ANY class, if classes are not balanced...buff the under powered classes...
    That said...if skills and abilities functioned differently in PvP than in PvE this would also not be an issue. Either way, I don't PvP and I am not high enough level to even have shocking execution...so the nerfs there really don't effect me.
    However, today it seemed that I am quite a bit squishier than I was before the patch.