test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Oh no! Rogues can only one shot people at 50%!?

killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
This is outrageous! I used to be able to stealth, 1 hit, and then SE for insta kill. I can't do that anymore so the game is now broken. The last match I played I only had 24 kills, I don't understand how people can play this game anymore with rogues being soooo useless.
Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
Post edited by killz2many on

Comments

• malganysxmalganysx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ye!! and not only at 50%!! he critted mi like 2 min ago 19k with slashing blades... i unistalled the game.. cant belive this... return to WOW lol the class r more balanced on it and this is not good lol
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    killz2many wrote: »
    This is outrageous! I used to be able to stealth, 1 hit, and then SE for insta kill. I can't do that anymore so the game is now broken. The last match I played I only had 24 kills, I don't understand how people can play this game anymore with rogues being soooo useless.

Please tell me this should have had [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags.

Because you have to be kidding, even with the decrease to the base damage that skill still hits twice as hard as any single skill that a GWF has even after the balance.
    @Powerblast in game
  • mudekidamudekida Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm more appalled by how completely worthless it is in pve now. 12k noncrit from stealth on an enemy with a pixel left........a regular unboosted lashing does 13k....easily hits well over 20k with momentum and lurker...........why the hell would I ever press shocking execute

it wasn't even good in pvp before. in a normal pvp match a rogue will get like what? like 3-4 shockings per match? who the **** cares if they had a skill that gives them 4 free kills. it was already meh in pve before. now it's complete worthless garbage
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mudekida wrote: »
    I'm more appalled by how completely worthless it is in pve now. 12k noncrit from stealth on an enemy with a pixel left........a regular unboosted lashing does 13k....easily hits well over 20k with momentum and lurker...........why the hell would I ever press shocking execute

it wasn't even good in pvp before. in a normal pvp match a rogue will get like what? like 3-4 shockings per match? who the **** cares if they had a skill that gives them 4 free kills. it was already meh in pve before. now it's complete worthless garbage

could be worse, you could have a cleric
    edited June 2013
    could be worse, you could have a cleric

sadly, I do have a cleric. .......I also have a cw..........................
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LOL at the TR's complaining about 12K and 13K non-crit Lashing blades, while the GWF gets by with 5K crits of their most powerful attacks. Stop whining.
    @Powerblast in game
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Bloodbath is better now in 1v1. Been using it today in pvp and it's an instant KO on other TR/CWs.
  • crystalyzedcrystalyzed Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol i hit a guy with my se for 30k just use the ability the way it supposed to be instead of starting off with it which was bugged bc it was never intended to be a opening move to 1 hit someone its meant to be used with under so much health to finish a big quater of there health off qq to the babys rogues still works fine for me
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mudekida wrote: »

I'm just going to sit here and laugh.

It's either trolling or well... you shouldn't be allowed to use a computer.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
    edited June 2013
    ...30k crit SE is pathetic

bloodbath still isn't better. they both do the same base damage, but SE ignores def
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    LOL at the TR's complaining about 12K and 13K non-crit Lashing blades, while the GWF gets by with 5K crits of their most powerful attacks. Stop whining.

Who is complaining? He is simply saying that SE is a useless skill now, since lashing blade does the same thing as doesn't waste a daily. SE is effectively replaced by Lurker's Assault + Lashing Blade which is actually a more powerful combination than SE ever was. And it more useful since you'll be and stealth and can kill multiple people. He's actually saying Lashing Blade is awesome.

Once the newer, less-experienced rogues figure this out; the complaints are just going to roll in for another nerf. SE isn't worth keeping in the bar now; I tried to kill two people at ~50% and watched them stun me afterwards with the sliver of life they had left. I realized this, switched to LA, and then started doing better than I ever have before. The nerf to SE is probably the best thing to happen to the class, since now we will focus on less flashy, but ultimately more effective tactics.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No daily should take more then 25% of someones life. Its supposed to have some utility in the fight with moderate damage. That way there is PvP going on.
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    C'mon guys, don't you recognize sarcasm when you see it? "Only 24 kills."
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No daily should take more then 25% of someones life. Its supposed to have some utility in the fight with moderate damage. That way there is PvP going on.

An execution certainly should. But it doesn't. So I don't use it.

No big deal.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My encounter takes more than 50% of someone's life and I'm supposed to be a tank. :D
    ElfenLiedSig.gif