test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Today's fixes - a good start

ndangrndangr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
First of all, hardcore basement-dwelling gripebot (you know who you are), this is not directed at you. I understand that you have balance and mob-nerfing concerns about this game that are also shared by your peers - about .0003% of the game's population.

From the perspective of the vast, more casual majority (I think), I'd like to say that I'm glad to see Cryptic addressing the issues that have concerned me the most.

It seems they have mostly fixed the auction house, which was a huge problem, from the perspective of both making money and getting gear.

I like the "character change" function, I never did understand why I had to log all the way out of the game just to switch toons. But anyway, that's fixed now, and I can switch almost instantaneously, so no complaint anymore.

Little things matter. The fact they are fixing them tells me they are going to fix more of them, so I'm happy about that.

Other little things that need to be fixed:

* WAY too much safeguarding of movement and actions; e.g., I shouldn't have to click on a gate, choose "Travel," double-click on a destination, then say it's okay to send me to that destination in order to get there - this level of redundancy is prevalent in other parts of the game as well. Give players the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are trying to do or where they are trying to go.

* Too many different kinds of currency. I mean seriously, I have like 10 different kinds of currency, it's a game in itself just figuring out what spends on what. Not a fun game either.

There are other things obviously, I won't turn this into a casual-player gripefest. My whole point is, today's fixes tell me that Cryptic is definitely fine-tuning things in the right direction.
Post edited by ndangr on

Comments

• Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm a hardcore basement-dwelling gripebot and I think the patch is excellent.
  • Options
    pjavokpjavok Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im commander Shepard and this is my favorite shop on the citadel.

Just sounded funny.
  • Options
    nixwanixwa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, everyone who isn't you is the minority.

Don't pretend to speak for the majority, it's asinine.
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I like how you start with unprovoked insults and condescension right out of the gate. Some people wait till the 2nd paragraph!:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ndangrndangr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nixwa wrote: »
    Yes, everyone who isn't you is the minority.

Don't pretend to speak for the majority, it's asinine.

1. Casual players are the majority - fact
    2. I didn't say I was speaking for the majority, I said I was speaking from the perspective of the majority, as opposed to the perspective of the hardcore minority who have spent the entire day *****ing, groaning, and whining
    3. You probably have a booger in your nose