test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher doesn't run

stossr2stossr2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have downloaded and installed the application twice and both times, it will not fully run the launcher. I have elevated the launcher to administrator level and forced a compatibility mode, but still nothing. The launcher application tray shows on my windows bar, but the window itself for the launcher doesn't show.

Anyone else with a similar issue?
Post edited by stossr2 on

Comments

• stossr2stossr2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    stossr2 wrote: »
    I have downloaded and installed the application twice and both times, it will not fully run the launcher. I have elevated the launcher to administrator level and forced a compatibility mode, but still nothing. The launcher application tray shows on my windows bar, but the window itself for the launcher doesn't show.

I am still unsure how this worked, but I managed to get the launcher to finally pop up. I downloaded the the install file a 3rd time, installed the game in two different locations at the same time. Tried both installs, but neither worked. Uninstalled the second install. Retry on the first install and the launcher popped up. It's patching now.

I'm either amazed at the coincidence or unsure how that resolved the issue. I haven't decided yet.
  • vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am having issues that when I click launch it pops the window of white and just sits saying, "loading" and does nothing more.
  • rithraemrithraem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am also getting that white window that says it's trying to update the launcher and just does nothing. I was playing earlier today for hours without any problems.

I tried just launching the client directly, and it loads up, but when I try to log in, it gets stuck at "connecting to account server."

Anyone have this problem or any luck solving it?
  • bearlescentbearlescent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having similar issue. The game launcher just doesn't show up - it's as if the launcher was startup outside my screen. If I mouse over the Neverwinter.exe in taskbar it shows that it's on and renders it's graphics into the small windows preview image, but the launcher itself is nowhere in either of my screens.

Running in compatibility mode (XP SP2 or SP3) doesn't help, disabling visual themes or desktop composition does not help, running in 640x480 resolution doesn't help. I'm running the executable as an adminstrator. I have latest drivers. Winkey + arrows don't work in attempt to throw it to other screens. alt+space M doesn't do anything as I can't touch the launcher itself to move it. I can minimize and restore it, and the windows restore graphic seems to throw it off the left side of my main screen.

I think I stopped playing STO (another game using a cryptic launcher) because it had similar issue actually - one day the launcher just wouldn't show up.
  • patgreenpatgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rithraem wrote: »
    I am also getting that white window that says it's trying to update the launcher and just does nothing. I was playing earlier today for hours without any problems.

I tried just launching the client directly, and it loads up, but when I try to log in, it gets stuck at "connecting to account server."

Anyone have this problem or any luck solving it?

I am having this issue. Yesterday, I was in a PvP match and some of my team mates were using the ingame voice feature and after I left and even left the party, I could still hear them talking which was a weird bug in itself. So i exited the game and tried to relaunch it and I get the "Connecting to account server..." screen. Won't go any further. :(
  • genoshangenoshan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have issues similar to this also. It seems very intermittent. I can play for a while them BOOM. One it hits, I cannot even get back into the game.
  • silvertequilasilvertequila Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue. Acts as if it is actually running, ie populates into the task bar, and when the mouse hovers over it it shows the launcher as if it is indeed working. i can click on it, but it will not bring it up sometimes it feels like it is trying to open on a different screen.
  • zeahilzeahil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For me, Alt+Esc worked, hope it does for you too.
  • termirulotermirulo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

i have the same issue, i open the launcher and nothing happens. Only appears like it was minimized and nothing more.
  • cooldoy45cooldoy45 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a weird problem its not like yours but i downloaded the game and it worked perfectly fine for the whole day the next day i try to play it the launcher had to update 1.5g how is that possible if i was just playing the game -.-?
  • zzayyzzayy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Anyone else with a similar issue?[/

Possible Fix: For windows 7, right click the icon, go into properties, then go to the shortcut tab, then go down to the Run option, it should have a drop-down box, and select "maximized". then start it up. Hope this helps a few ppls.
  • uvegottabkiddinuvegottabkiddin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, my launcher just parks itself in the toolbar now.. game was fine until I started using Gateway for my professions

Maybe re-install ?? Not that I want to , & hope I dont lose my toons :(

& to think I actually used some real money on this game..
  • solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
  • abaddon77777abaddon77777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have this issue now. Was playing then the game crashed. Now launcher pops up saying connecting 1, 2 times.......then a neverwinter icon just sits in my task bar and doesnt do anything.
  • joinxjoinx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maximized worked for me as well thx :)
  • originalgooriginalgo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zzayy wrote: »

Anyone else with a similar issue?[/

Possible Fix: For windows 7, right click the icon, go into properties, then go to the shortcut tab, then go down to the Run option, it should have a drop-down box, and select "maximized". then start it up. Hope this helps a few ppls.

This worked for me im on windows 7.. After it pops up maximized i closed it and changed it back to normal and it worked again.
  • murlocs101murlocs101 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i can get into make a char and soon i hit to start .. get half way loaded and crash .. been happening for last 4 weeks have not even got in game yet .. is anyone else having this problem please
  • murlocs101murlocs101 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bloody hell .. i try proxy server EU and still crash this game is BS!!! all i want to do is play to see what it like before i waste $200 on hero of north pack =( look like this is going to other game!!!!

AND NOW i try to log in again it say password or username not working WTF going on here .. time to go back to Rift!
  • bregnyolfbregnyolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my launcher doesn't open and I redownload application do I lose my previous character progress
  • xlauncelotxxlauncelotx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After logging at the launcher, it crashed. I tried it again and again to no avail. Can't reach the part where it will show the Play button. Did anyone experience this?
  • swrelifordswreliford Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had the problem with the launcher opening and staying in the task bar at the bottom of the windows desktop and I got mine working. I'm not sure what happened but for some reason this recent patch caused my launcher image to default to desktop #2. I use Nvidia graphics card and after being puzzled by the launcher not showing up on my screen but being active in the taskbar and active in the task manager, I decided to go looking at my other desktops I use, like for when I plug my pc up to my tv to watch dvd's. I right clicked the neverwinter process at the bottom of the windows desktop, clicked Nview options, and selected "Send window to >" and then selected desktop #1, and voila, like magic the launcher screen appeared on the proper desktop. If you have Nvidia graphic drivers you may want to try and see if it works. I hope it does.
  • bladesinger4everbladesinger4ever Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tried the maximized window option and it worked, then i restored the normal window option and worked again. Some things just happen to annoy us:p
  • keekers1keekers1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im having an issue I have been playing all day just fine and then I clicked on foundry to see about making a new quest or something for fun and my game crashed and since everytime I open the launcher it wont go past the patch part to let me play it just freezes there whats wrong???
  • keekers1keekers1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    its not even patching anything it just says patching
  • detrisdetris Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zzayy wrote: »

I have Win7 and this solution works. Thanks Zzayy
  • blockbusta1blockbusta1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the same issue and have looked at countless threads and find no solution. :( worst part is i played until my rouge was lvl 10 and got super hooked went offline and then it happened and i can't play but i'm dying to play.
  • akeetlebeetleakeetlebeetle Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    detris wrote: »
    I have Win7 and this solution works. Thanks Zzayy

I can attest that this also works on Vista.
  • kirigayakazuto31kirigayakazuto31 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i get the launcher and it pops up but when i log in it doesnt work help?
  • nordicbynaturenordicbynature Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having the same issue. I DL, install and create login, works fine on these pages, when launching Neverwinter I can write account name and password and then when pressing login , the login does not work. It is as if the button has no function, clicking it repeatedly does only mark the word "login". Is the launcher FUBAR ???
    Am using windows 7 and have added admin. rights to all these progs, does not do anything.
    Had high hopes for this game but as I don't even get started I guess this game is not for me :-(