test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

June 20 GF Updates

karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I decided to reiterate the update notes for 6/12/12 here as some players still have not seen the changes. Let us use this thread to provide feedback?

Addressed an issue in which the client and server disagreed on the cooldown of Block, resulting in Blocking sometimes not being effective after releasing and re-pressing Block.
Several Block misprediction issues have been addressed. These had resulted in the client thinking it was using the Block ability when the server did not.
Aggravating Strike: Damage from this power now properly scales with player level.
Enforced Threat: Iron Warrior no longer reduces Guard recovery of Enforced Threat.
Ferocious Reaction: This power no longer grants far more Defense than intended.
Guard mitigation on high-damage attacks has been increased by 20%.
Into the Fray no longer stacks with other versions of itself.

Your thoughts? Concerns? Leave them in this thread!

Comments

• Options
    silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited June 2013
    karaad wrote: »
    Here are all of the GF changes happening on June 20th! I decided to reiterate it here as some players still have not seen the upcoming changes. Let us use this thread to provide feedback?

Addressed an issue in which the client and server disagreed on the cooldown of Block, resulting in Blocking sometimes not being effective after releasing and re-pressing Block.
    Aggravating Strike: Damage from this power now properly scales with player level.
    Enforced Threat: Iron Warrior no longer reduces Guard recovery of Enforced Threat.
    Ferocious Reaction: This power no longer grants far more Defense than intended.
    Guard mitigation on high-damage attacks has been increased by 20%.
    Knight's Valor: This power now consistently applies to all members of the party.
    Knight's Valor: This power is no longer cancelled by knockbacks or interrupts.
    Mark: Visual effects no longer scale up quite as much on larger enemies.
    Shield Slam: Damage from this power now properly scales with player level.
    The amount of damage the Guardian Fighter can block before breaking guard has been increased by 10%.
    Threat generation on all abilities has been increased by 35%.
    Threatening Rush: The third rank of this power no longer requires 40 points spent.
    Tide of Iron: The duration of the debuff is now consistent.
    Villain's Menace: This power no longer prevents Movement buffs from affecting the player while active.
    Feat: Shield Defense: All ranks of this feat now properly increase Armor Class.
    Feat: Wrathful Warrior: The damage buff from this feat has been reduced to match the tooltip.

Things are looking so-so for GF's, while I do not play one myself, I see that they are fixing the Blocking issue which brings back survival-ability to this class but they reduced the amount of total damage you can soak from blocking which worries me slightly. A 35% threat increase is exponentially better than what I had thought they would do. Many other bug fixes like skills not updating character sheets are being implemented too which is a huge plus!

Your thoughts? Concerns? Leave them in this thread!

Didn't they just patch that today?