test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What now?

bomsen1337bomsen1337 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Started my build with max DEX and STR at character creation.

I can for sure rebuild it with free respec and max out CHA as much as possible but is it worth it?
But I do not really want that and i wouldnt be a real CHA TR no matter what i do because of rolling dice for DEX STR.

NO INITIAL ATTRIBUTE reroll and my current build does less dmg then a tank i played with prepatch ...
Post edited by bomsen1337 on

Comments

• eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    whats your issue?

my char is a Drow TR with 25 Dex, 23 Str, 16 Cha, 12, 12, 12 (incl. campfire buff)
    -> i used all my points for dex and str

currently i am at

4293 power (+1014 from swash (not included!))
    4540 crit (51,3 % with campfire and skillful inf.) ... but i will reslot with power and aim for 50% crit.
    2548 arpen (24,1 %)
    1377 recov (+1014 from swash (not included!))

my pet (ion stone) gives me:

1200 arpen
    651 crit
    568 power
    326 recov

these are included in numbers posted above.

i do ***** of damage (using executioner build (metzli) (yeah will be cookiecutter even after patch))

what exactly do you want with cha? so you have 2 options adept to what your char is capable of (min/maxing) or reroll ... wait there is a 3rd option: cry more and leave sooner or later.
  • burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Well oddly enough I actually rolled for highest possible Charisma at the start of open beta thinking it would be useful. So now I sit here pondering the OP's issue whilst wishing I had rolled for Str/Dex instead of Dex/Cha. (On a HOrc no less....)
  • bomsen1337bomsen1337 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    burninnate wrote: »
    Well oddly enough I actually rolled for highest possible Charisma at the start of open beta thinking it would be useful. So now I sit here pondering the OP's issue whilst wishing I had rolled for Str/Dex instead of Dex/Cha. (On a HOrc no less....)

and there is no profit after patch for your build..? the cha tr seems to running way better on test shard..
    edited June 2013
    eikoon wrote: »
    whats your issue?

my char is a Drow TR with 25 Dex, 23 Str, 16 Cha, 12, 12, 12 (incl. campfire buff)
    -> i used all my points for dex and str

currently i am at

4293 power (+1014 from swash (not included!))
    4540 crit (51,3 % with campfire and skillful inf.) ... but i will reslot with power and aim for 50% crit.
    2548 arpen (24,1 %)
    1377 recov (+1014 from swash (not included!))

my pet (ion stone) gives me:

1200 arpen
    651 crit
    568 power
    326 recov

these are included in numbers posted above.

i do ***** of damage (using executioner build (metzli) (yeah will be cookiecutter even after patch))

what exactly do you want with cha? so you have 2 options adept to what your char is capable of (min/maxing) or reroll ... wait there is a 3rd option: cry more and leave sooner or later.

first there was only 1 way to go ... the duelistflury autoattack imba tr. now they fixed and nerfed df and the only thing they buff is... encounters. with cha there are interesting ways to go with maxing encounter damage.
    edited June 2013
    what are your rolled stats and race?
  • horoturehoroture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    We wait for ranger release.

I don't see a way out of the rogue hatred hole that people have dug us into. For my run experience so far, it seems we do more single target damage still, but not enough for anyone to pick us over another class that has more survivability and utility. Hard to say if a really good CW/GF/GWF can do more then a good single target damage then a TR (because they don't spec for it as it's not really their role).
    edited June 2013
    waiting for ranger release too :D hate them for pushing out the patch before ranger release xD.

i rolled 18dex 16str and 14cha 101010 on halfling. So far away von maxed out stats with halforc... BUT i would feel more usefull if they gave me a chance to max out cha. a friend of mine did more well with his cha build now. + i got outdamaged by a tank (without respec) never happend before. was on first everytime.
    edited June 2013
    mh so you can get 20 dex 22 str and 20 cha + campfire 21 23 21 not the best but hey can be worse ;D

but if you have been on #1 always you need good cws on your fl man :D
    edited June 2013
    but if you have been on #1 always you need good cws on your fl man
    hahaha appreciate it :D

yeah figured out these stats as well now... but it would be more fun with changed starting stats
  • burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    bomsen1337 wrote: »
    and there is no profit after patch for your build..? the cha tr seems to running way better on test shard..

Thats just it I am unsure how it will work out. Honestly though Dex/Cha seemed the obvious choice from the get go to me. I was (And still pretty much am) very ignorant of how this game's mechanics actually work and made that choice based on playing rogues in table top D&D.

I will probably go with Banelorne's Stealth-Based TR build for the time being since I am doing more solo stuff than groups.
    edited June 2013
    @eikoon
    p.s. my char is a Drow TR with 25 Dex, 23 Str, 16 Cha, 12, 12, 12 (incl. campfire buff)

whats powers are you using that sticking with this build is worth it?
    edited June 2013
    bomsen1337 wrote: »
    @eikoon

whats powers are you using that sticking with this build is worth it?

check out "Metzli's Dungeon DPS Guide" - normally i use df and cloud of steel + shadow, lashing, wicked/itc + with skillful and inv inf. (tactics during trash) + lurkers as daily

stats are posted before -> i really like the high crit and how it stacks (was stacking? is stacking?) with other feats.

and looking at scoundrel is see so many losses -> my thoughts are: -5% crit, -25% crit severity, -15% crit severity (dm), no crit overrun (hughe), but with buffs to flourish and cloud of steel. action rush might not be worth it, but brutal wound isn't neither + i don't think that whirlwind sneak attack is of any real usage)

have to see whats cookiecutter after patch...
  • warkupozwarkupoz Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    1. Kill adds with your rogue, forcing everyone else to fight the boss.
    2. Feel good about yourself with that sweet big number you love so much.

Ranking systems ruin friendships.
  • anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Do not run charisma into your tr it sucks.you lose your critical chance and your burst dmg.i tried it and then spend 180k ad to go cookie cutter exe.the only think you can do is run 20% more ca from feats and the rest to executioner