Options

invisible walls. invisible walls ****ing everywhere

mudekidamudekida Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
so much for exploration and parkour. the roofdwelling community hates you
Post edited by mudekida on

Comments

• Options
    infernal667infernal667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Completely agree. It was so much fun to jump around up there while waiting in queue.

Well... I found a way onto on of the houses, but Im not telling.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    they should all be opened up again. there was no reason to block them off to begin with. this is absurd
  • Options
    ulyxosulyxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    I think next week event might be the reason they added invisible walls in Protector enclave.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see no SIGNIFICANT reason to add invisible walls. Thats a bummer man.
  • Options
    delmagdelmag Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you ****ting me?! I spend more time exploring in this game than anything else. Sounds silly, but that might mean the end of the road for me in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Finally got in to the game to check it out. Invisible CEILINGS!!! Scumbags!
  • Options
    jwiechersjwiechers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    delmag wrote: »
    Are you ****ting me?! I spend more time exploring in this game than anything else. Sounds silly, but that might mean the end of the road for me in Neverwinter.

Ditto. This is one of the most annoying changes they've made, especially in PE.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ulyxos wrote: »
    I think next week event might be the reason they added invisible walls in Protector enclave.

Valindra is very crafty. She's going to wall off PE with invisible barriers and just let the whole populace suffocate.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well I can still get under the map, and outside the city walls, and my favorite place to be isn't nerfed yet. It just sucks because I still had 2 places left in PE to conquer. Challenge accepted.
  • Options
    bozar3000bozar3000 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    mudekida wrote: »

That's the only thing that keeps me occupied while waiting in very long Queues. D:

They should have focused more on the places where players could get stuck rather than taking away our enjoyment. This is just sad.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Found one today in Neverdeath quest. Used /killme and oddly enough got past it.

They need a patch for the patch.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    having only 1 or 2 routes to jump through isn't terribly interesting

me and my entire guild are probably gonna ragequit after this...cuz we sure as hell can't call ourselves the Roofdwellers anymore at any rate
  • Options
    omgdarwinawardomgdarwinaward Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ulyxos wrote: »

While this is the first time I hear of any sort of event, if people raving on rooftops are expected to be detrimental, it's not a propper event. So, is it known whether we can have the fun stuff back after Cryptic is done with what it feels it needs to do then?
    delmag wrote: »

Doesn't sound silly, at all. You give me an interesting world with potentially beautiful vistas and a tempting tower and I want to explore that mother. I'm right there with you tbh.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see no SIGNIFICANT reason to add invisible walls. Thats a bummer man.

Actually, there IS a significant reason. It has to do with the path-node generation which is where NPCs (and golden path) waypoints are created. Without invisible walls there, the server generates hundreds (thousands?) more path nodes than necessary. A path node is generated for every conceivable place a player could walk to/on/or around.

Too many path nodes degenerate performance. The Devs posted a rather detailed and lengthy explanation of path nodes and WHY Foundry authors may want to place invisible walls to cut-down path node generation to improve overall map performance.

So having this done in general social zones makes perfect sense and therefore, is a SIGNIFICANT REASON to do so. :)
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mudekida wrote: »

I like the way how you spell "dungeon exploiters".
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    *snip*
    ^This.
    Placing more invisible walls was this performance update for PE zone. Harsh, but necessary.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    I like the way how you spell "dungeon exploiters".

When did people start exploiting Protector's Enclave for profit?
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    When did people start exploiting Protector's Enclave for profit?

Missed that part. But I believe if there was a way, people would do it :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Missed that part. But I believe if there was a way, people would do it :)

Cracks in the sidewalk don't stay dry during a rainstorm.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    http://imgur.com/a/22Q1p

indeed, I would sell the routes to these to people if most of them weren't removed or rogue only now