test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

F2P (yeah right) or monthly fee?

gerritxgerritx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I find myself wishing this game had a monthly fee rather than F2P. I'd much rather have the ability to get bags, bank space, companions, mounts, and numerous other things (including keys to open "epic" boxes) without having to futz around with 3 different monetary systems. I used to think bothering with Copper/Silver/Gold was bad... now we add Zen, Astral Diamonds and the completely uselss and stupid unrefined astral diamonds.

I'm really enjoying the game but the monetary system and lack of options without spending real money is going to extremely shorten the lifespan of this game for me.

Not to mention, I bought the $60 founders pack pretty early and didn't realize the bag of holding was only for one character... so the character that I got the bag on ended up being deleted to re-roll since I only had 3 character slots. Yeah, my fault, but that info wasn't very apparent.

This game has so much going for it, but so much detracting from it as well.
Post edited by gerritx on

Comments

• f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    I'm having no problems getting anything I need now that I am lvl 60.
  • satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I prefer f2p.. most of the stuff there is for convenience/looks. Got character slots through AD, 1 bag with cash, and well... the rest I'll just be getting with AD.
  • sihvebisihvebi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gerritx wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the game

This part I agree with.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I prefer monthly fee by far.
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ... and the completely uselss and stupid unrefined astral diamonds.

You DO realize that you can refine those into regular AD, right?
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah,I have fun playing Neverwinter as well.
  • m3atba9m3atba9 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the combo approach Warcraft has, pay the monthly sub, plus vanity items from the cash shop.

Fallen Earth also has a decent sub+cash shop model that allows for both approaches. You can pay upwards of $30 a month and gain various freebies and monthly cash shop currency allowances. Or buy whatever from the cash shop and still play for free.
  • zercon3zercon3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    get items sale items for AD then buy zen with your AD's there you go..... all this for a monthly fee of $0.00
    if you don't like spending money then don't
    if you have already spend money, it is beta and until it goes live you have not gotten anything just like any other game you can get your money back
  • shadowmephshadowmeph Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the only thing that I have found so far that I ( being a **** at this game) am having is finding id scrolls also wishing there was a "world map" so that I can actually find places like the auction house lol
  • zercon3zercon3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shadowmeph wrote: »
    the only thing that I have found so far that I ( being a **** at this game) am having is finding id scrolls also wishing there was a "world map" so that I can actually find places like the auction house lol
    there is a vender that sale id scrolls and if you hit M for map you have a map there is only 1 place for AH and bank so go to town
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let me see if I can point this out one more time:

PWE's business philosophy is completely free-to-play, cash-shop driven games. The ONLY reason the sub option exists in CO/STO is because of prior contract commitments between Cryptic and LTS players that PWE was legally bound to honor, so the option was kept there.

NW was built from the ground up to be without a subscription option, in line with PWE's business practices.

NW subs will not happen.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • gerritxgerritx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    You DO realize that you can refine those into regular AD, right?

I understand that, I just don't understand why the need for an extra step. For RP? It's just pointless. Why not just give AD outright? For that matter, why have AD at all?
  • gerritxgerritx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let me see if I can point this out one more time:
    ...NW subs will not happen.
    I get that and I knew going in that people would have the "if you don't want to spend money then don't".
    I'm just pointing out that the monetary system that exists now is very likely to lessen my time playing this game. I don't expect anyone to really care, but it is feedback. I just feel a bit disappointed because I do enjoy the game, but all of the little frustrations and micromanagment are going to chase me away.

Either way, this is just me providing feedback and venting frustrations over a game that I really like. I may become used to it all and decide it's all good and fine, but coming in it is a hassle.
  • satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I understand that, I just don't understand why the need for an extra step. For RP? It's just pointless. Why not just give AD outright? For that matter, why have AD at all?

because there's a limit daily per on refining... and yes there are times where passing the limit is easy.
This discussion has been closed.