test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please don't talk in emotes....

morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Currently emotes aren't filterable in the chat tabs and pretty much show up across the board. There is no reason to have full conversations via the emote function. You can have your dialogue in say and perform emotes regularly as needed/wanted.
Post edited by morbic on

Comments

• jerchakjerchak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    first world problem
  • littlesugarbabylittlesugarbaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most people talk in emotes for some reason I don't know why:confused:
  • xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    its easier to express a emote followed by a sentence as to write both separate.

/me shrugs at XX upon hearing her comment then answers with a sarcastic tone, "is that that all you have got?"
  • sorunesorune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm with Xanos on this one-which flows better?
    Tolaris shrugs at her question, looking up to the drow.
    Tolaris:I don't know. Why -did- the chicken cross the road?

OR
    Tolaris shrugs at her question, looking up to the drow. "I don't know. Why -did- the chicken cross the road?"

Or, in worst case scenarios? There's other people RPing in the same area, so you get lost in the jumble.
    Tolaris shrugs at her question, looking up to the Drow.
    Fineas Bigglesworth laughs jovially, slapping his knee as he spills a drink.
    Hextor9001:I WANA FITE SUMBUDY.
    Do'urden Clone 7234 looks into her eyes of darkest midnight, sighing wistfully as he drinks his ale in a quiet corner. He could never have someone as elegant as her, for he was a rebel, below the lowest of castes...
    Tolaris:Why -did- the chicken cross the road?

So...yeah. I'm gonna keep talking in emotes, personally. They flow better.