test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gateway professions AD awarding fixed yet?

qwejiboqwejibo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Anyone know if they fixed the issue where you don't get awarded AD from Gateway profession tasks? I'm sitting on about 5k of RAD on completed leadership tasks at work but I'm hesitant to complete the task unless I know.
Post edited by qwejibo on

Comments

• Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was never broken.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    Bs not broken...I lost out on 2400 last night bc it doesnt give them...the other day it gid give me the 1600 from collecting taxes so I thought "sweet, they must have fixed it". Big fat nope on that!!! Makes me angry bc those maps stil get used up!!!
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would hold off on doing it if you're not logged in to game server (which defeats the utility), but you should test it first before committing.

And yes, it's a real bug and no it doesn't auto-covert like some people think. You lose the raw AD when gathering from gateway. I know this for a fact with the 1600 AD reward task in leadership.
  • Options
    thedarkphenoixthedarkphenoix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a "lack of feedback" issue. It actually isn't broken, but it appears so because the game auto refines RAD if you haven't logged in for 24 hours. From what I've seen, there's nothing in the game that tells you this happens, nor do you seem to get any message when you first log in saying "Refined X Rough Astral Diamonds", or if you do, it gets lost in the initial spam of logging in. Unless you knew exactly what your AD balance was it's VERY easy to assume that the RAD you've earned via the gateway have vanished into the ether.
    Original wave Lifetimer and Closed Beta tester.
  • Options
    grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    Pretty sure thats not true at all...not 100% though so I wont call bs...gonna test it but wont hold my bresth as I log in every day and still lost the diamonds!
  • Options
    qwejiboqwejibo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's most definitely (or at least has been) broken. I tested it when I only had ~200 AD to my name and collected 600 in the gateway... when I got home I still had ~200 AD and 0 RAD.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll test it with the protect caravan when I finish patching.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a "lack of feedback" issue. It actually isn't broken, but it appears so because the game auto refines RAD if you haven't logged in for 24 hours. From what I've seen, there's nothing in the game that tells you this happens, nor do you seem to get any message when you first log in saying "Refined X Rough Astral Diamonds", or if you do, it gets lost in the initial spam of logging in. Unless you knew exactly what your AD balance was it's VERY easy to assume that the RAD you've earned via the gateway have vanished into the ether.

Certainly sounds plausible, but it's not true. I had 3 tasks going for 1600 AD. I collected 2 by gateway and then realized reading about AD collection bug that I better check to see if I got it. I was playing another character at the time. I then logged on to my character that collected and no raw AD. I then collected the 3rd one in game and got my 1600 raw AD. As for having raw AD in too long where it gets auto-refined, I'm a little skeptical that is true at all, but I will test it by not refining for 2 days.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just tried it, it worked fine through the gateway with the basic protect caravan task. Three tasks, 600 RAD.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    lappdancerlappdancer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Certainly sounds plausible, but it's not true. I had 3 tasks going for 1600 AD. I collected 2 by gateway and then realized reading about AD collection bug that I better check to see if I got it. I was playing another character at the time. I then logged on to my character that collected and no raw AD. I then collected the 3rd one in game and got my 1600 raw AD. As for having raw AD in too long where it gets auto-refined, I'm a little skeptical that is true at all, but I will test it by not refining for 2 days.

The auto-refine gets triggered when you log in. So you collect rough AD on the gateway, you log in and they are no longer rough AD. It also resets the refining count at the same time (so when you mouse-over it there is no indication that they have been refined).

It is terrible feedback wise...but if you actually write down how many AD you have it is fine (or at least the few times I kept track of it, it has been fine).