test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Is there an easier way to swap in powers???

donnythdonnyth Member Posts: 122 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
My idea is to be able to mouseover the power in the Powers panel and type the key you want it slotted in. No more clumsy dragging and dropping. There's been many a time i'll be in the corner standing for 1-2 mins just swapping in powers ... it's ridiculous.
Secrets of the Ring ID: nw-dt25qalqy
Post edited by donnyth on

Comments

• bryhainbryhain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be nice to have a few spell sets you could swap between with a single click instead of having to open up the abilities tab, find the ability, then drag it. Even if it was just 2 sets so you can have 1 for pvp and 1 for pve.
  • rockstar022rockstar022 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was all ready to come in here and be like "This is stupid it's not hard to swap in powers"

But i think these are both good ideas...soo....yeah.
  • shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They should just make a system with hotbars.

How that will work:

ONE visible hotbar, now called "1", like we have now on live, with the powers we want.
    2-9 hidden hotbars, not visible on your screen. Pressing ctrl+2 - ctrl+9 switches to your hotbar "2", with powers pre-set by you. Repeat for as many as hotbars you'd like.

Practical example, from the point of view of CW:

Hotbar 1, from left to right, DPS spec: Chill strike, Shield, Steal time, Icy terrain, Arcane Singularity, Ice knife
    Hotbar 2, CC-Boss spec: Entangling force, Shield, Steal time, RoE, AS, IK
    Hotbar 3, DPS spec 2: Chill Strike, Shield, Steal time, RoE

switching from one hotbar to another put every spell in cooldown of 3 seconds, so it's not exploitable.
  • chunkienoodle26chunkienoodle26 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes! Being able to swap power sets would be awesome! I have different sets for soloing, grouping and PvP.
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think we should be able to switch powers during combat too. Just make the cooldown the same as the power rather than the universal 10 seconds.
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think we should be able to switch powers during combat too. Just make the cooldown the same as the power rather than the universal 10 seconds.

I believe it should only be doable off combat

Hmmm i dont think thats gonna be wise;
    1) its gonna be like other MMOs with spam skill- like Dragons Nest
    2) some classes have OP encounters, imagine a rogue that can use smokebomb, bait and switch, deft, lashing, and that stun thingie in one go.
    3) The limitations on the number of "encounters" we can use in a given time becomes part of our "build"