test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, thanks for catering to our wishes and needs

sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm actually stunned by the way people refuse to show any form of gratitude on these forums.

We've gotten a massive patch that solves quite a few problems, makes things easier and better.

Prepatch people were crying about wanting to get free respecs, which in all fairness, seemed like the right way for cryptic. Now, they've listened and we're all getting it! YAY! Yet noone seems to be appreciative in the slighest.

I understand DC will have problems with the astral shield nerf (I play a DC too) but honestly, it was getting boring with just AS to rely on. ADAPT, you'll be fine since it forces other people to play smarter too. They've increased GF threat, they can start doing their job.

Personally, I'm happy.
Post edited by sirkimjong on

Comments

• Options
    thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    No one is appreciative because that's what they SHOULD be doing. All these vague tooltips and broken feats and skills...it's pretty much required.
  • Options
    jarcoartjarcoart Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    amen, sure a lot of problems have to be solved but kudos on the team for all this work! :)
  • Options
    tattooedangelstattooedangels Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People would appreciate Respec tokens more if they didn't just destroy 2 classes. They don't make up for the huge nerfs they just did to TR and DC
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People would appreciate Respec tokens more if they didn't just destroy 2 classes. They don't make up for the huge nerfs they just did to TR and DC

You make it sound as if rebalancing the two wildly OP classes is an issue. Until groups start asking for 2DC 2GWF 1 GF then I think you will be okay.......
  • Options
    rockstar022rockstar022 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to MMOs. It doesn't matter what you patch, you will <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off at least 1/4 of the community. Everyone always knows better than everyone else.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    You make it sound as if rebalancing the two wildly OP classes is an issue. Until groups start asking for 2DC 2GWF 1 GF then I think you will be okay.......

Rouges are meant to deal high damage. With this patch we lose 40 percent of our damage
  • Options
    adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Meanwhile GWFs are still complaining the patch does nothing and GWF is still worthless. Guess we just have to wait and see
  • Options
    kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    Agreed, lots of good things in this patch. :)
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Feel free to solo heal CN after this patch without the cash shop pots , good luck .
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Every class got hit here, not just two. CW got the smackdown too on RoE (my main is a CW, and used RoE a LOT to great effect). I have a character of every class though, not just CW. Guess what? I think every single "nerf" is actually exactly perfect. They are toning down the over powered <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's been a problem all along, and they are boosting things that really should have been better all along. At the same time they are fixing a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of bugs. This patch list is EXACTLY what we should have been expecting all along because, despite what some fools have been saying, this period really HAS been a beta period and this patch list is a clear indication that Cryptic, again despite what some fools have been saying, really has paid attention.

A patch list this long represent a significant amount of work and frankly it's all good things. A free respec was in order, and they delivered. Major balance was in order, they delivered. Lots of bugs needed fixing, they delivered. I got a bucket for all you babies that think this is a nerf patch to cry into. These changes were very necessary.

The only thing they didn't seem to address is that Gear Score is useless (if you think otherwise, your probably just a min/maxer and trying to explain why someone with closer to 9k that knows what they're doing would be MUCH more desirable than a min/maxer with a light wallet but 12k).

Anyway, I agree with the OP. This patch is great.
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sirkimjong wrote: »
    I'm actually stunned by the way people refuse to show any form of gratitude on these forums.

We've gotten a massive patch that solves quite a few problems, makes things easier and better.

I'm impressed how many things they improved in this patch, really. The only problem is fixes of exploits that have been going on for at least two weeks should be critical fixes, hotfixes applied a loooong time ago. Due to this, forgive me but I will not be screaming Huuuuraaayyyy for the new patch.
  • Options
    sirnamedsirnamed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No one is appreciative because that's what they SHOULD be doing. All these vague tooltips and broken feats and skills...it's pretty much required.

+1.

I think some people are more inclined to sycophancy than others. I do appreciate the game, an appreciation I have expressed through the dollars I invested.
    So no, they don't get my thanks, because it's a business. Improving the product is good business sense, assuming turning a profit is their ultimate goal.

If they're making respecs free, it's because doing otherwise was an appalling idea that was ill-recieved by an MMO community accustomed to being able to change out their abilities.
    Considering PvP skill sets are not viable in PvE, and vice versa, to charge for a respec means to severely limit a player's options. It is a bad idea. They don't get a pat on the back from me for realising they've been caught out in a greedy over-reach for micro-transactions.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rouges are meant to deal high damage. With this patch we lose 40 percent of our damage

40% of the base damage from one Daily attack , and yet even with the damage cut it still does twice the damage that the most powerful GWF daily can do even after the GWF being "buffed". Quit complaining you have other attacks and skills use them. "Oh I can't one shot this boss/other player anymore". Get used to it we GWF's have to use hundreds of hits against enemies you can take out in 5.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    sirnamed wrote: »
    +1.

I think some people are more inclined to sycophancy than others. I do appreciate the game, an appreciation I have expressed through the dollars I invested.
    So no, they don't get my thanks, because it's a business. Improving the product is good business sense, assuming turning a profit is their ultimate goal.

If they're making respecs free, it's because doing otherwise was an appalling idea that was ill-recieved by an MMO community accustomed to being able to change out their abilities.
    Considering PvP skill sets are not viable in PvE, and vice versa, to charge for a respec means to severely limit a player's options. It is a bad idea. They don't get a pat on the back from me for realising they've been caught out in a greedy over-reach for micro-transactions.

I get your side.. really, I do.

Thing is, I didn't ask for anyone their thanks, I just want people to stop crying over trivial things because it's starting to seem like everytime they fix someone, alot of people jump on board for cries.
  • Options
    joebaejoebae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    The buffs and nerfs are in right place, both brings balance to both PvP as PvE, although I think PvP still favors some group setups more than others.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    40% of the base damage from one Daily attack , and yet even with the damage cut it still does twice the damage that the most powerful GWF daily can do even after the GWF being "buffed". Quit complaining you have other attacks and skills use them. "Oh I can't one shot this boss/other player anymore". Get used to it we GWF's have to use hundreds of hits against enemies you can take out in 5.

I have a GWF too but don't expect to do the same damage as a TR
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is what happens when people complain that classes need to be nerfed. Expecting everyone to be happy about it afterward drives the point home better than any explanation ever could.
  • Options
    terminaloneterminalone Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Rogues are meant to deal high single target damage. That being said when theres lots of mobs around TR's should not be at the top of the DPS rank for the dungeon/skirmish. GWF and CW are suppose to be the highest AOE damage. TR's do so much single target damage right now that it nullifies the CW/GWF AOE damage. TR's could kill 10 mobs 1 at a time faster than a CW and/or GWF could do all at once in a dungeon (by 1 at a time i dont mean 1 on 1 i mean TR's hit 1 mob at a time and still manage to kill 10 faster than a GWF or CW when they are hitting all most of the time.)

I think its wonderful that TR's have been nerfed. They was in need of it. However as with all nerfs i hope they have not went overboard on the nerfing. Only time will tell. Theres alot of variables to take into account at all times. Its hard to find a balance to where u dont make something else useless.

The internet gaming community as a whole i think largely is negative because all gaming companies make all kinds of promises about balance etc and all these other things and they never happen. People still seem to forget this game is STILL IN OPEN BETA. It will be until the 30th. Give cryptic a chance to break the normal among gaming developers. Give them a chance to actually show they care about their customers. If all of you spent even half the time actually doing something productive that you spend complaining i would bet you would have alot more fun.
  • Options
    swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sirnamed wrote: »
    +1.

It really can't be said any better than that.
  • Options
    sirnamedsirnamed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sirkimjong wrote: »
    I get your side.. really, I do.

Thing is, I didn't ask for anyone their thanks, I just want people to stop crying over trivial things because it's starting to seem like everytime they fix someone, alot of people jump on board for cries.

Well, it's not helpful to characterise criticism as being "whining" or "crying" simply because YOU are satisfied with the game. It's their game too, and they're not satisfied. If you respected this diversity in opinion, you wouldn't be disparaging them quite rudely in this way.

You may not agree with a complaint, but just as you said in your post, those people issuing the complaints aren't asking for you to agree with them.
    That doesn't make their complaint illegitimate. If we were all silent, nothing would ever be improved. I wonder how many improvements you enjoy today were won through the complaints of people you'd have called whiners?